Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Week 5 CFB thread « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#30 : October 03, 2010, 01:29:36 PM

John Galt? wrote:
oregonbucfan wrote:
JereLinc wrote:
Jokes on Tennessee in their loss to LSU. But then again, life must be difficult when you cant count past 11 hahhah

jokes on LSU for being the most overrated team in the country. Shouldnt sniff the top 25

How can you say that about LSU? Aren't you forgetting about their Heisman candidate/future HOF quarterback??

That shootout against Tennessee matched up 2 of the best QBs in CFB history. Matt "I'm not as good as my bro" Simms and Jordan "why do all my receivers look like blades of grass" Jefferson.

Seriously, the most over-rated team in the country at the start of the season was UGa. How do you lose to Colorado???

hahaha yeah I dont know which one is more overrated.

Samari28

Hall of Famer
#31 : October 03, 2010, 11:53:05 PM

Our offense might be pathetic (we have talent at the WR's in Randle, TTol, Russell, Boone, etc) we just struggle at QB and Head Coach/Offensive Coordinator but our defense is AWESOME so how are we overrated??

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#32 : October 04, 2010, 12:36:13 AM

Samari28 wrote:
Our offense might be pathetic (we have talent at the WR's in Randle, TTol, Russell, Boone, etc) we just struggle at QB and Head Coach/Offensive Coordinator but our defense is AWESOME so how are we overrated??

your overrated because of what you said... offense sucks.

Lets put it in nice terms... Gary Crowton thought Brady Leaf was on par with Dennis Dixon, and thought giving Jonathan Stewart 8 carries was a good idea. Worst OC in the country IMO... dude has been a fraud after year 1 wherever he goes.

And you played Tennessee as well as UAB. Thats not how a "top 10" team should play a team at home.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#33 : October 04, 2010, 04:15:14 PM

Samari28 wrote:

When Jefferson actually does make a good throw, it isn't caught all of the time.  LSU's wide receivers drop lots of balls.

Samari28

Hall of Famer
#34 : October 04, 2010, 05:31:23 PM

Prior to this year I was a big Jordan Jefferson fan as he has the size, speed and arm to be a very good QB but with that being said he just does not have it when it comes to thinking and reacting.  Could he be a better QB with a lot better coaching, YES but obviously Crowton sucks and should have been canned a long time ago.  I wish Miles had gone to Michigan and we could have tempted Jimbo to come back here or even opened up the checkbook and hired the head coach at North Carolina - damn forgetting his name off the top of my head.  If Jordan were more accurate I don't think you would see as many drops as we have had, Randle and TTol can play at the next level and Russell is "developing" into a capable WR but yes he does have suspect hands.  Its just amazing we are letting all this offensive talent go to waste and Oregon you may think we are overrate because our offense sucks but a top five team does not have as porous of a defense as your team has so maybe you guys are overrate as well - hey you have a very talented team but no way are you going to win anything with that defense.  Do me a favor and stick to your Oregon homerism and concentrate on trying to beat Boise State and I will worry about LSU.  Its almost like you have an issue with LSU - what have they ever done to you, oh yeah thats right won National Championships that Oregon has never won!!!

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#35 : October 05, 2010, 02:18:07 PM

Samari28 wrote:
Prior to this year I was a big Jordan Jefferson fan as he has the size, speed and arm to be a very good QB but with that being said he just does not have it when it comes to thinking and reacting.  Could he be a better QB with a lot better coaching, YES but obviously Crowton sucks and should have been canned a long time ago.  I wish Miles had gone to Michigan and we could have tempted Jimbo to come back here or even opened up the checkbook and hired the head coach at North Carolina - damn forgetting his name off the top of my head.  If Jordan were more accurate I don't think you would see as many drops as we have had, Randle and TTol can play at the next level and Russell is "developing" into a capable WR but yes he does have suspect hands.  Its just amazing we are letting all this offensive talent go to waste and Oregon you may think we are overrate because our offense sucks but a top five team does not have as porous of a defense as your team has so maybe you guys are overrate as well - hey you have a very talented team but no way are you going to win anything with that defense.  Do me a favor and stick to your Oregon homerism and concentrate on trying to beat Boise State and I will worry about LSU.  Its almost like you have an issue with LSU - what have they ever done to you, oh yeah thats right won National Championships that Oregon has never won!!!

Oregon may be overrated... Who knows right now they have played as well as anyone minus bama. I for one don't see Oregon in the natl championship game like many natl pundits... If that makes me a homer fine.

And your myth about a bad defense... Find a defense that has given up 7 points all year in the 2nd half and 0 in the 4th. If that's a bad defense I'll take it.

Btw thanks for taking Jefferson... Made Darron Thomas decommit from lsu. But crowton would have ruined him like he almost did dixon.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#36 : October 06, 2010, 08:30:23 PM

Samari28 wrote:

I'm confused. By "our/we" are you referring to LSU or FSU, or Bama, or some other team? There are so many bandwagons, I can't keep track of them all.

Samari28

Hall of Famer
#37 : October 06, 2010, 11:34:21 PM

I cant stand Bama and for the LAST time I am a LSU fan but yet I also root for FSU.  If LSU and FSU play it is all purple and gold.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#38 : October 07, 2010, 11:55:26 AM

John Galt? wrote:
Biggs3535 wrote:
John Galt? wrote:
Is it too late for the www.fireronzook.com guys to start a www.fire_steveaddazio.com?

They are way ahead of you, brother...

http://www.firesteveaddazio.com/

He's just not creative enough, and his OL isn't performing up to snuff.  And I think he and Meyer should share the blame for Pouncey staying at Center and not adjusting the offense around Brantley.  Those dive/spread plays do nothing (against a good team) without the threat of the QB keeping the ball.

It is ridiculous.  There were 5 or 6 rollouts/option plays called where Brantley is expected to run it then dish it. Would you put Dan Marino in an option offense?? Do you put Peyton Manning in the wildcat?? And when they did chuck it down field there was nothing but good results, but idiot Addazio immediately goes back to the dive and the dump. Dude look at the friggin' score board!! You don't play ball control when you're down by 24.

FACT: Urban Meyer has 2 NCs with Mullen as OC and Crap with Addazio.

/rant

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/sports_college_uf/2010/10/video-option-to-stay-for-florida-qb-john-brantley.html

And here's a quote on Pouncey from this week:

"Change for what? Absolutely not," Addazio said. "Are you kidding me? We're talking about a first-round draft pick, the best offensive lineman in America and a phenomenal football player and the leader on this football team.

"Unequivocally, that never even entered the realm of possibility."

Addazio reacted similarly to a follow-up question about whether Pouncey played better at guard than he is at center.

"When you say play better at guard, are you actually talking about playing the game?" Addazio said. "He's graded out a champion every week (at center). I guess if you want to talk about is there a low snap, we're not going to go down that path of a good football player.

"He's playing great right now. You wouldn't want to play against him. Leave it there."

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#39 : October 09, 2010, 05:59:31 PM

Keep Kenjon Barner in your thoughts... left in a ambulance. LaMichael James and a bunch of players are crying. Got absolutely nailed. Not a good scene when players are holding his parents back

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#40 : October 09, 2010, 06:19:06 PM

Darron Thomas went to locker room with a shoulder injury. James hasnt been in last 3 plays because of ribs. Get this game over now. Thank god for a bye

Samari28

Hall of Famer
#41 : October 09, 2010, 11:21:04 PM

Oregon

Can't wait to hear your excuses as to why LSU won tonight!!

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#42 : October 10, 2010, 12:00:36 AM

Samari28 wrote:
Oregon

and why do I care about LSU? Doesnt change my opinion of them. Gary Crowton still sucks, LSU offense still sucks.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#43 : October 10, 2010, 11:17:36 AM

oregonbucfan wrote:
Samari28 wrote:
Oregon

and why do I care about LSU? Doesnt change my opinion of them. Gary Crowton still sucks, LSU offense still sucks.

LSU actually had a very good gameplan for attacking Florida's D. They ground it out straight up the middle against UF's young interior DL with lots or 2 TE sets and I-formation, just like Bama did.

And after watching Bama and LSU, I'd have to say LSU's D is better. They have one heck of a pass rush.

I think LSU will finish with 2 losses- Bama and Auburn.

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Week 5 CFB thread « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools