Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Is Morris Slowing the Growth of McCoy? « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5

Capt_Chaos

Pro Bowler
#60 : October 03, 2010, 06:55:45 PM

lets play musical DT's , meanwhile the  the league  is playing football

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#61 : October 03, 2010, 08:14:26 PM

Feel Real Good wrote:
DaRealdeal wrote:
Do people even watch college football? He played plenty 3-4 DE in college and proved that he could handle both positions. If he proved that in college, why wouldn't we try that here?

If Raheem Morris sticks around, McCoy's game will mirror Darnell Dockett's. He'll jump inside to UT when we play a 4 man front and he'll play 3-4 DE in the 3 man front. I don't see any issue here at all. 3 games people, 3 games. Slowing his growth? Good lord, what a joke.

Good comparison.

NFL is not very much like College ball - just my thought.  But look at how Lorig is being trained - DE, TE, H-back and Special Teams... so maybe the guys on this team can perform at a high level learning multiple positions.  I guess we will see.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

WelshBuc

Starter

#62 : October 03, 2010, 08:21:56 PM

Heemy doesn't know what kind of Defense he wants to run.  Somebody needs to tell him this isn't Madden.

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#63 : October 03, 2010, 09:51:49 PM

Suh got his 3rd career sack today. He's played 3 very bad offensive lines though (CHI, GB, and PHI).

WelshBuc

Starter

#64 : October 04, 2010, 04:35:57 AM

Wow.  He is on pace for double digit sacks.  Very rare for a DT, much less a rookie.

WelshBuc

Starter

#65 : October 04, 2010, 05:04:11 PM

Dare I say he might be the next Warren Sapp!

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#66 : October 19, 2010, 10:40:27 PM

It's looking more and more like Steve White was right. Morris better adjust quick or he's going to be out of here by the end of the year. I know our D Line is young and lacking some star players but no sacks in four out of five games?

burger40

Hall of Famer

#67 : October 19, 2010, 11:02:23 PM

i would agree if he had already established himself at UT...he needs to learn the intricacies of the position before we start rotating him around...plus he is best suited to using his quickness on the less mobile guards.

"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." Alexis de Tocqueville

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#68 : July 11, 2011, 01:00:14 PM

As much as a lot of folks refused to admit it, Steve White was right. I'm glad Morris gave in. I'm assuming he meant Morris when he said "coach."

http://www2.tbo.com/sports/bucs/2011/jul/10/2/mccoy-raised-to-be-a-leader-ar-243085

What was different for McCoy last year was the position he played. Though he took reps at his defensive tackle spot, he spent the early part of the season working out just as often at defensive end.

That decision, McCoy said, clearly thwarted his progress. It took him almost 10 games to find his groove and begin making an impact as a pass rusher.

"My first snap as an NFL player against Cleveland, I didn't even play (tackle)," McCoy said. "I was an end. I was moving all around. So, finally, I just said to Coach, 'Man, please let me play one position so I can learn it.'

"After that, things started working for me and I took that tape and (looked) at what I was doing right and I just built off of that. And that's what I've been doing this offseason."

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#69 : July 11, 2011, 01:05:52 PM

Heemy is slowing the growth of this entire roster.  Like I said in another thread, we have the talent to go 9-7 easily.

Better make that 10-6

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#70 : July 11, 2011, 01:18:24 PM

After reading what Steve White had to say it really just goes back to the real problem, inexperienced people calling the shots.

Huge problem.  We need to get that looked at.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#71 : July 11, 2011, 01:24:08 PM

It's been said countless times on here to the Gruden haters, you guys got what you asked for. A coach/gm with virtually no experience who just might run this team completely into the ground. But hey, Gruden's gone so who cares, right?

Right!

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#72 : July 11, 2011, 02:14:15 PM

I can't believe I'm commenting on this thread, it's sub-par even for this forum. McCoy was our best pass rusher last year. Therefore Morris moved him around to get him the best match up in certain situations. It's not slowing his development, it might actually be a good thing down the road.

Morris is inexperienced, experience is just one of the things that makes a good coach. Our QB, WR and RB were all inexperienced but still did great jobs. Did they make inexperienced player mistakes? Our QB didn't, but the others did and were still very good at their jobs.

I'm never surprised by stupid people on this forum. No objectivity usually equals a low quality of conversation. No surprise here.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#73 : July 11, 2011, 04:42:45 PM

OUR ROOKIE DT WHO HAD THE WORST UPPER BODY STRENGTH IN THE ENTIRE CLASS WAS ONLY #20 AMONG ALL INTERIOR LINEMEN IN CREATING PRESSURE!!!! THE COACH IS SCREWING HIM UP!!!!!

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#74 : July 11, 2011, 04:53:43 PM

I can't believe I'm commenting on this thread, it's sub-par even for this forum. McCoy was our best pass rusher last year. Therefore Morris moved him around to get him the best match up in certain situations. It's not slowing his development, it might actually be a good thing down the road.

I'm also never surprised at stupid and ignorant people in this forum.

I'm glad he finally came out and said that moving him around stunted his development. Also glad Morris finally learned to keep him at one position for the most part. Gotta love how Morris adapts on the fly.
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Is Morris Slowing the Growth of McCoy? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools