Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Defensive End Watch - 2011 « previous next »
Page: 1 2

X Factor

Starter
« : October 04, 2010, 02:27:41 AM »

Top DE's coming out next year... Sack totals so far..

1. Adrian Clayborn, Iowa - 1 sack

2. Jeremy Beal, Oklahoma - 7 Sacks

3. Ugo Chinasa, Oklahoma State - 2 Sacks

4. Da’Quan Bowers, Clemson - 4 sacks

5. Cameron Heyward, Ohio State - 1 Sack

6. Allen Bailey, Miami - 1 Sack

7. Robert Quinn, North Carolina - sus

8. Greg Romeus, Pittsburgh  - injured

Quinn is suspended and Romeus has a lower back injury that requires surgery. Beal is tearing it up and Bowers looks good also. Some other notables.
Vinny Curry, Marshall - 8 sacks
Aaron Lavarias, Idaho - 6 sacks
Kyle Wilber, Wake - 5 sacks

Mike Williams by Xfactor32, on Flickr

GMC 93

Hall of Famer

« #1 : October 04, 2010, 07:15:17 PM »

Beal is a LB and we don't run a 3/4 so as great as it looks doubt he's really an option.
I'm starting to think Quinn might stay since his suspension, hopefully not cause I really want this guy, Peppers clone and with the suspension he'll probably slide ot the middle of the draft where I think we'll be picking.
Quinn, Clayborn, Bailey, or Romeus will be on this team next year.
I'd prefer Quinn, Bailey and Clayborn I have a feeling will be gone when we pick so it's mainly between Bailey and Quinn IMO

Formerly known as Revis Islander

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

« #2 : October 04, 2010, 07:34:08 PM »

Von Miller - 0 sacks

-ts

Hall of Famer
« #3 : October 04, 2010, 07:38:30 PM »

Aldon Smith - 3 Sacks.

Gotta get multiple DE's from this draft, and by far my favorite is Quinn. IMO he will come out because of the trouble he has been in and with uncertainty about his future. If he slides to us, he would be a great pick.

Gotta build DL like the NYG's though. 4-5 Starting Caliber ends.

lowlife

Starter
« #4 : October 04, 2010, 08:03:57 PM »

Cameron Jordan - 2 sacks
Nick Perry - 1 sack
Jack Crawford - 1 sack

Though stats aren't a good indicator of impact at all.

GMC 93

Hall of Famer

« #5 : October 04, 2010, 08:12:48 PM »

-ts wrote:
Aldon Smith - 3 Sacks.

Gotta get multiple DE's from this draft, and by far my favorite is Quinn. IMO he will come out because of the trouble he has been in and with uncertainty about his future. If he slides to us, he would be a great pick.

Gotta build DL like the NYG's though. 4-5 Starting Caliber ends.

Gotta say I think I agree with you on the Quinn thing.
But it will make him slip a bit in the draft and we'll probably pcik int he middle and I think he'll fall there and we better gobble him up if he is.
He without a doubt is my top choice at DE.

Formerly known as Revis Islander

JDouble

Hall of Famer
« #6 : October 04, 2010, 08:45:09 PM »

Jeremy Beal has been a consistant stud since he started as a sophmore. At 6-3 267lbs he is hardly limited to a 3-4 OLB as someone above mentioned. He has put his hand in the dirt and played DE in a 4-3 just as much as he has stood up. Besides, Rah wants our DEs to be able to stand up and play OLB at times...so he is perfect.

I really think we'll be looking for DEs that are 6'2"-6'4" 255-270lbs. Smaller pass rushers that have the ability to stand up and play OLB as well as quickness to beat 300+lbs linemen.

I'm hoping Quinn slides due to his suspension too. If he does though, he might decide to stay for his senior year and try to raise his stock again.

Quinn and Beal are my top two right now. A couple later round prospects I like are Sam Acho and Broderick Binns.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
« #7 : October 04, 2010, 09:00:31 PM »

The problem with playing like your hungry and broke, is that the minute an NFL player steps foot onto the gridiron, he should never be hungry, nor broke.

Unless he is dumb as all hell.

And at that point, maybe he will have played like Mr. Henry, and wind up in prison.

NEVER is such a fickle word.

GameManager

Starter

« #8 : October 04, 2010, 11:27:30 PM »

Robert Quinn IMO is the next Simeon Rice. 6'5", 270, has the power of a monster truck and the speed of a greyhound. If he's there when we pick, he HAS to be the pick!

The Tampa Tri-force!!!!!!!!

Bucman

Hall of Famer
« #9 : October 05, 2010, 02:52:27 AM »

Romeus would be great if we could get him in round 2. Can't really comment on some of these guys outside of Heyward, I really haven't seen them play. Heyward isn't the type of player we need, so I'd take him off the watch list

chad1336

Starter

« #10 : October 05, 2010, 12:27:44 PM »

I do think Robert Quinn is the pick if he falls into our laps, but we can't be too sure that would happen even with the suspension.  He's already put out plenty of film of his play and has proven that he is a beast.  I don't think he makes it past #10.  I like Adrian Clayborn next, because he requires double teams and he can definitely stop the run and get to the passer as well.  Quinn is still the better fit, in my opinion.

A darkhorse is Beal.  He wasn't really considered by many as a first round pick, but with the way he's been playing in spite of McCoy leaving for the NFL, he may move up to the middle of Round 1, which might be where we are picking, if not earlier.

Thinking out loud, I'm also intrigued with Akeem Ayers because he is a playmaker.  Although not a pure DE, he can rush the passer, and he has lots of experience in coverage.  Can he be our MLB of the future?  At the very least, he could be used in a variety of ways depending on the situation to try and confuse the offense, which Raheem is trying to incorporate into his defense.

notabucsfan

Hall of Famer

« #11 : October 05, 2010, 12:46:13 PM »

Surprised I haven't seen Ryan Kerrigan from Purdue metioned in this topic.

But my three favorite DE prospects

Robert Quinn - Early First Round

Ryan Kerrigan - Later First Round

Jeremy Beal - Early Second to Mid Second Round

chad1336

Starter

« #12 : October 05, 2010, 01:56:19 PM »

lazoran wrote:
Surprised I haven't seen Ryan Kerrigan from Purdue metioned in this topic.

But my three favorite DE prospects

Robert Quinn - Early First Round

Ryan Kerrigan - Later First Round

Jeremy Beal - Early Second to Mid Second Round

Kerrigan, to me, would be a reach in the first round where we will be picking, while, your 2nd round grade on jeremy Beal is probably based on questions whether or not he could produce without Gerald McCoy next to him.  I think so far he has proved himself.  His stock is on the rise and I don't think he'll be there in the 2nd.

Also DaQuan Bowers seems to have turned the corner.  He admitted he was lazy before, but supposedly has done away with that laziness.  Still kind of a scary pick, if you ask me, but he definitely has all the measurables that matter.

X Factor

Starter
« #13 : October 05, 2010, 02:18:25 PM »

freeman 5 wrote:
Beal is a LB and we don't run a 3/4 so as great as it looks doubt he's really an option.
Quinn, Clayborn, Bailey, or Romeus will be on this team next year.
I'd prefer Quinn, Bailey and Clayborn I have a feeling will be gone when we pick so it's mainly between Bailey and Quinn IMO

Beal is a tweener, so is Bailey and Clayborn could play in either a 4-3 or 3-4.. There are a lot of 3-4 prospects this year. Heyward is a 3-4 guy also and he is probably the only one I would strictly say is a 3-4 guy listed. I think Ugo is is interesting as well, he wasn't rated a top 10 DE before the season projected 6th rounder  but his stock is rising.

Mike Williams by Xfactor32, on Flickr

NavyBuc19

Hall of Famer
« #14 : October 05, 2010, 02:26:28 PM »

I would like to have either Robert Quinn or DaQuan Bowers with our first round pick. Then its a toss up between Sam Acho and Jeremy Beal in the 2nd. Hopefully we could snag 2 of those 4 guys listed then we got ourselves a good starting DL.

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Defensive End Watch - 2011 « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools