Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Defensive End Watch - 2011 « previous next »
Page: 1 2

lowlife

Starter
#15 : October 05, 2010, 03:17:01 PM

I like Tim Crowder as a LE and Bennett and White as situational rushers (don't know if Stylez G will be retained though).

Probably need a true RE and another situational. A tweener backer/end who comes in exclusively for passing situations that can rush in a two or three point stance and be moved around.

BucsBay

Hall of Famer
#16 : October 05, 2010, 03:18:15 PM

The Bucs need speed rushers, but also guys with enough size to hold a gap. Comparing the Bucs to 3-4 teams you have to look at the Dallas Cowboys and the San Diego Chargers because those are the 3-4 teams that play 1 gap systems, and they both have outside linebackers that can set the edge. Quincy Black was getting killed against Pittsburgh when he tried to do it, so I don't know that he is the answer for the D long term.

Quinn would be fantastic, but he won't be there for us. Hopefully Aldo comes out, because he'd definitely be an option. Beal is looking good. I'd be very happy with any of those 3 in the 1st. Wouldn't mind another edge rusher in the second either if one is still there.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#17 : October 05, 2010, 09:17:02 PM

I think when looking for our next great pass rushing DEs, we need to look at the Colts. Out of the 4-3 teams that have the most success rushing the passer over the last five years, the Colts seem like the best team to copy. They have Freeney (6'1" 265lbs) Mathis (6'2" 250lbs) ans just drafted Jerry Hughes (6'2" 255lbs)

I think for the 4-3 to be effective in this pass happy league, you gotta find smaller guys that can beat big lineman with speed and agility. These smaller guys also have a better chance of being able to stand up and drop back in coverage when asked.

For the record I think MAthis is a freak and I wouldn't personally want us to draft a DE under 260 lbs. Quinn, Beal, and Acho seem like the best picks for as it stands right now. I like Broderick Binns as well, but he will likely be a later round pick if he even comes out this year. He is a junior.

Draft Aaron Donald

notabucsfan

Hall of Famer

#18 : October 05, 2010, 10:58:38 PM

chad1336 wrote:
lazoran wrote:
Surprised I haven't seen Ryan Kerrigan from Purdue metioned in this topic.

But my three favorite DE prospects

Robert Quinn - Early First Round

Ryan Kerrigan - Later First Round

Jeremy Beal - Early Second to Mid Second Round

Kerrigan, to me, would be a reach in the first round where we will be picking, while, your 2nd round grade on jeremy Beal is probably based on questions whether or not he could produce without Gerald McCoy next to him.  I think so far he has proved himself.  His stock is on the rise and I don't think he'll be there in the 2nd.

Also DaQuan Bowers seems to have turned the corner.  He admitted he was lazy before, but supposedly has done away with that laziness.  Still kind of a scary pick, if you ask me, but he definitely has all the measurables that matter.

Well it depends on where you think we will be picking in the first.. This draft is loaded with DE talent thats why I could see see kerrigrean dropping to late 1st early 2nd and Beal dropping to mid 2nd round. My ideal situation if Quinn wasn't availble would to be to trade back into the first round and pick up another second round pick. Try to use this to get Kerrigen in the late first round and pick up S McDaniel with our early second round and grab Beal if he is there with our second round pick, we picked up with a trade. I think Beal would be ideal for the speed rusher end spot and Kerrigen at the other end. This draft is loaded with a lot DE potential and none of them really stand out much better than the other.

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#19 : October 05, 2010, 11:00:13 PM

DE 1st round

Build around Josh Freeman the rest of the way

GMC 93

Hall of Famer

#20 : October 06, 2010, 12:11:41 AM

The way I see it is:
Quinn
Clayborn
Bailey
Romeus

I think Quinn will come out but due to his suspension he will probably fall to the middle of the 1st round and that's where we'll most likely be picking and we'll pick him up.
He's practically a Peppers clone and he has a lot of good things about him and potential as well.
If he's there he should be the no brainer pick.
I think Claybron will already be taken by the time we pick.
But I am definitely on the Quinn bandwagon.

Formerly known as Revis Islander

X Factor

Starter
#21 : October 06, 2010, 09:11:21 AM

lazoran wrote:
chad1336 wrote:
lazoran wrote:
Surprised I haven't seen Ryan Kerrigan from Purdue metioned in this topic.

But my three favorite DE prospects

Robert Quinn - Early First Round

Ryan Kerrigan - Later First Round

Jeremy Beal - Early Second to Mid Second Round

Kerrigan, to me, would be a reach in the first round where we will be picking, while, your 2nd round grade on jeremy Beal is probably based on questions whether or not he could produce without Gerald McCoy next to him.  I think so far he has proved himself.  His stock is on the rise and I don't think he'll be there in the 2nd.

Also DaQuan Bowers seems to have turned the corner.  He admitted he was lazy before, but supposedly has done away with that laziness.  Still kind of a scary pick, if you ask me, but he definitely has all the measurables that matter.

Well it depends on where you think we will be picking in the first.. This draft is loaded with DE talent thats why I could see see kerrigrean dropping to late 1st early 2nd and Beal dropping to mid 2nd round. My ideal situation if Quinn wasn't availble would to be to trade back into the first round and pick up another second round pick. Try to use this to get Kerrigen in the late first round and pick up S McDaniel with our early second round and grab Beal if he is there with our second round pick, we picked up with a trade. I think Beal would be ideal for the speed rusher end spot and Kerrigen at the other end. This draft is loaded with a lot DE potential and none of them really stand out much better than the other.

Quinn might still be there around 10 imo, he might slip because of the suspension. And I just recently read that he survived a  brain tumor during H.S. ?? WTF, lol.. Teams might be scared off using a top pick on this guy. IMO McDaniel won't be there in the second round, I think this draft overall is on the weak side but it seems to have a lot of good Safety prospects.  I like your idea of trading back tho if Quinn/Clayborn are gone, you could get McDaniel and then get two DE prospects in the 2nd, or a DE/ILB in the second.

Mike Williams by Xfactor32, on Flickr

WelshBuc

Starter

#22 : October 06, 2010, 09:39:01 AM

The Bucs should pick Jared Crick, Ryan Winterswyk, or Ryan Kerrigan.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#23 : October 06, 2010, 05:25:52 PM

Raw Is A Buffoon wrote:
The Bucs should pick Jared Crick, Ryan Winterswyk, or Ryan Kerrigan.

Without even checking, I'll bet they are all white guys....

Draft Aaron Donald

WelshBuc

Starter

#24 : October 06, 2010, 06:48:57 PM

Aren't you the guy with the skull cap?

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#25 : October 06, 2010, 06:52:20 PM

Raw Is A Buffoon wrote:
Aren't you the guy with the skull cap?

Aren't you the wierdo creepy troll that stalked me and found my facebook page and made comments about my personal life? Get a life Java. Creep.

Draft Aaron Donald

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Defensive End Watch - 2011 « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools