Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Starting Grimm this week is career suicide « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#15 : October 05, 2010, 10:41:11 PM

Also, to the OP. Raheem is a clown? I think you're the clown buddy. Even the people that hate Rah as head coach will admit he is a helluva defensive secondary coach. I think he might know a thing or two more than you about which safety is the better choice.

ABuccsFan

Pro Bowler

#16 : October 05, 2010, 11:40:48 PM

jbear wrote:
Morris is a clown if he starts this kid.  He looked bad against the Steelers, T.O. and Ochocinco are going to abuse the kid all day long.  Theres no way around it, I like the kid, he's just not ready for primetime.  I'd rather see Sabby back there which really is saying something.  Maybe even Lynch. Grimm does not have the speed or experience and it was obvious in the Steelers game.
Well, seeing as it is WR's that usually abuse Cornerbacks, and QB's and OC schemes that abuse Safeties, I'll consider the source and LMAO @ you.

\"For a brief, shining, moment in history, a select breed truly lived free.\".....Unknown Author.

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#17 : October 06, 2010, 01:13:29 AM

BucBalla85 wrote:
Raw Is A Buffoon wrote:
he'll lose his job Jan. 3rd 2011

You mean you hope he loses his job jan 3 2011. Even if we make the playoffs would you get off of him?

Exactly.....

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#18 : October 06, 2010, 01:41:32 AM

jbear wrote:
Morris is a clown if he starts this kid.  He looked bad against the Steelers, T.O. and Ochocinco are going to abuse the kid all day long.  Theres no way around it, I like the kid, he's just not ready for primetime.  I'd rather see Sabby back there which really is saying something. Maybe even Lynch. Grimm does not have the speed or experience and it was obvious in the Steelers game.

Look, the Bucs aren't going to the Super Bowl this year and there is noone in the organization who thinks they are, including all the coaches and players. This season is all about building for the future. Sabby had a whole season to prove himself as a starter and he failed and he obviously didn't do anything during the offseason to show the coaches he had greatly improved. Right now, they think Grimm has the instincts to be a starter in the league. He certainly has the pedigree. Is he raw and is he going to make rookie mistakes? Sure he is. Lynch, Barber and Talib stunk it up when they started, too. I remember Talib getting burned for a long touchdown his first game. Lynch and Barber took a few years to get it right, too. If they believe Grimm may be the long-term answer, then start him and let him take his lumps now rather than in a couple of years when they truly are contending for title.

watson

Hall of Famer
#19 : October 06, 2010, 04:51:51 AM

CyberDilemma wrote:
jbear wrote:
Morris is a clown if he starts this kid.  He looked bad against the Steelers, T.O. and Ochocinco are going to abuse the kid all day long.  Theres no way around it, I like the kid, he's just not ready for primetime.  I'd rather see Sabby back there which really is saying something. Maybe even Lynch. Grimm does not have the speed or experience and it was obvious in the Steelers game.

Look, the Bucs aren't going to the Super Bowl this year and there is noone in the organization who thinks they are, including all the coaches and players. This season is all about building for the future. Sabby had a whole season to prove himself as a starter and he failed and he obviously didn't do anything during the offseason to show the coaches he had greatly improved. Right now, they think Grimm has the instincts to be a starter in the league. He certainly has the pedigree. Is he raw and is he going to make rookie mistakes? Sure he is. Lynch, Barber and Talib stunk it up when they started, too. I remember Talib getting burned for a long touchdown his first game. Lynch and Barber took a few years to get it right, too. If they believe Grimm may be the long-term answer, then start him and let him take his lumps now rather than in a couple of years when they truly are contending for title.

I agree with your premise about this not being a Super Bowl year and the team building for the future.  But, that begs the question of "why is Sean Jones starting".....he is not a young player they are going to develop for the future.  As you said, it took John Lynch more than one season to figure out the position.  So it is reasonable to think that it would take the young players on the team now just as much time.  Long term it would appear to be more logical to start either SP or CL as the SS and let them develop.  But since none of us know what the coaches are looking for or seeing on the real game film then we are all just guessing about how good or how bad a player really is.

Truths:
1.  Never have an argument with an idiot.  They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with their experience.
2.  For some it would be better if they remained silent and be thought a fool than to speak and erase all doubt.

DiSalvo

Starter

#20 : October 06, 2010, 08:06:43 AM

watson wrote:
CyberDilemma wrote:
jbear wrote:

I agree with your premise about this not being a Super Bowl year and the team building for the future.  But, that begs the question of "why is Sean Jones starting"......

It also begs the questions:

Why won't they play Arrelious Benn ??

Why is Cadillac starting  ??

Why is Kendrick Vincent starting ??

and seriously , WHY ISNT ARRELIOUS BENN playing  ??

It's because we aren't playing for the future at all. We just have a clueless coach who's still trying to win , and cheap owners who allowed us to acquire only bargain basement talent. This is the end result.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#21 : October 06, 2010, 09:02:06 AM

It's because we are going with young guys where ever possible, but when you have a guy that just isn't getting it done or isn't quite ready, like Benn or Zuttah or Sabby, then you have to plug in an older vet to keep the team running efficiently. Otherwise it hurts the entire teams development because of one weak link.

WelshBuc

Starter

#22 : October 06, 2010, 09:47:14 AM

DiSalvo wrote:
watson wrote:
CyberDilemma wrote:
jbear wrote:

I agree with your premise about this not being a Super Bowl year and the team building for the future.  But, that begs the question of "why is Sean Jones starting"......

It's because we aren't playing for the future at all. We just have a clueless coach who's still trying to win , and cheap owners who allowed us to acquire only bargain basement talent. This is the end result.

It's obvious Heemy is trying to make Gruden's draft picks look bad by playing a bunch of scrubs and 7th rounders over them.  That way when he goes 3-13 again he can say he inherited a team with no talent on it.

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#23 : October 06, 2010, 10:25:40 AM

DiSalvo wrote:
watson wrote:
CyberDilemma wrote:
jbear wrote:

Sean Jones is only 28. He was a 2nd round draft pick, so why is that counter to developing for the future? It's not like he is an aging vet on his last leg.

Benn isn't starting because he hasn't learned the playbook well enough to start yet. Are they working him into the rotation as he learns? Yes.

Cadillac is starting because he is the best at picking up the blitz and protecting the franchise QB. The coaches have went as far as to say the other guys will get more playing time as they learn their protection assignments.

Vincent is starting because Zuttah regressed during the offseason and they wanted to motivate him. Zuttah is getting rotated in during the games. How many teams rotate o-linemen? Very few.

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#24 : October 06, 2010, 01:13:46 PM

Too bad we can't get the ignore feature. I'd like to ignore  half of the idiots who are just negative and never contribute to the thread. What has happened to this website?

If you watched the entire Pitt game like JDub you would see that Grimm is already way better than Sabby, and if you are calling for Sabby, you have forgotten how bad Sabby was.

Here are Sabby's highlights after one game last year:

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2009091308/2009/REG1/cowboys@buccaneers/watch/contentid:09000d5d8129a1ac      
Roy Williams TD. Sabby gets beat by Roy Williams. Sabby had man coverage on Roy and was 10 yards behind his receiver.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2009091308/2009/REG1/cowboys@buccaneers/watch/contentid:09000d5d8129a1ac  
Sabby was burned for an easy TD by Crayton, who got 5 yards behind the safety who was supposed to provide deep coverqage on the play.

There is a big difference between being outright burned for a TD, and failing to turn your head like what happened to Grimm. If you still want Sabby to start you need to have your head examined. Grimm came out of his mothers womb a better player than Sabby will ever dream of becoming..

ps the links didn'tcome out gight. Just click on Gamecenter link I provided and watch highlights Roy Williams 66 yard, and Crayton 80 yard td's.

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?

Capt_Chaos

Pro Bowler
#25 : October 06, 2010, 03:33:21 PM

michael89156 wrote:
According to Morris it was one bad play.    You guys are brutal.

he only had one bad play, that's it.  nobody on here can name any other bad play that Grimm made, and on that play he had great coverage, he just turned the wrong way.

DiSalvo

Starter

#26 : October 06, 2010, 03:34:52 PM

Benn has had the playbook over 7  months now , and he is still trying to learn it ??

If that is truly the case it means he is already a bust , and will never be good , becuase it would make him the dumbest man in the hisory of the world. It doesn't take that long to learn a playbook. Legarrette Blount has been here 4 weeks and already knows it.

I swear, you guys come up with the stupidest excuses...

X Factor

Starter
#27 : October 06, 2010, 03:44:18 PM

DiSalvo wrote:
Benn has had the playbook over 7  months now , and he is still trying to learn it ??

If that is truly the case it means he is already a bust , and will never be good , becuase it would make him the dumbest man in the hisory of the world. It doesn't take that long to learn a playbook. Legarrette Blount has been here 4 weeks and already knows it.

I swear, you guys come up with the stupidest excuses...

Seriously... We should have kept Clayton.

Mike Williams by Xfactor32, on Flickr

WelshBuc

Starter

#28 : October 06, 2010, 03:44:22 PM

They hate Gruden so much they will defend every stupid move Heemy makes.  Not to mention they want to see objective fans like me proven wrong.

X Factor

Starter
#29 : October 06, 2010, 03:53:26 PM

Raw Is A Buffoon wrote:
They hate Gruden so much they will defend every stupid move Heemy makes.  Not to mention they want to see objective fans like me proven wrong.

I know Java, they are just hating, they know Gruden was superbowl bound with Jeff Garcia and Mike Clayton. I wish we had some Gruden guys back like Clayton and Garcia.

Mike Williams by Xfactor32, on Flickr
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Starting Grimm this week is career suicide « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools