Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Last pieces of the defensive puzzle...... « previous next »
Page: 1

: March 18, 2007, 10:29:20 AM

I feel if we go ahead and get Charles Grant signed somehow and then make sure Brian Kelly is taken care of and in camp (along with who we already signed), this defense will look pretty damn tough to beat next year!!

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#1 : March 18, 2007, 10:32:34 AM

Well, it'll be improved, there's no doubt about that. How much improved is the question.

TOP SECRET

Practice Squad

#2 : March 18, 2007, 10:37:38 AM

Well, I dont really see Grant here until next year... This year we will be improved, but the draft is what will really give this defense life, if we can add some players like Eric Weddle and Marcus Thomas to this defense, we could quickly be returning to old form.

flyinbuc

Pro Bowler
#3 : March 18, 2007, 10:55:41 AM

Agree We still need to get better at UT Thomas or Okoye may be the last piecew of the puzzle.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#4 : March 18, 2007, 12:07:23 PM

We will still have a lot of questions for the future.  I hope we draft heavy on defense on Day 1.

#5 : March 18, 2007, 12:10:37 PM

We will still have a lot of questions for the future. I hope we draft heavy on defense on Day 1.

JT or CJ in the first and defense all the rest of the way.

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#6 : March 18, 2007, 12:10:52 PM

We still need a young explosive UT and I hope we address that in the draft. I would prefer Okoye, but Harrell and Thomas could be sufficent as well.

#7 : March 18, 2007, 12:16:25 PM

We will probably be taking Thomas or Johnson with that first pick for sure so those dreaming about Okoye and/or Gaines Adams, sorry - unless they're around in the 2nd round(which is highly unlikely) neither one of those will be on our opening day roster.

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#8 : March 18, 2007, 12:19:11 PM

We will probably be taking Thomas or Johnson with that first pick for sure so those dreaming about Okoye and/or Gaines Adams, sorry - unless they're around in the 2nd round(which is highly unlikely) neither one of those will be on our opening day roster.

Dont be so sure of that. If JT and CJ are off the board when the #4 pick roles around dont be surprised if we pick Gaines Adams or Jamaal Anderson.

#9 : March 18, 2007, 12:21:48 PM

All it takes for us to land one of those two players is for 1 of the 3 teams ahead of us to go in a different direction, and somehow I see that happening with a quarterback or runningback being taken.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Last pieces of the defensive puzzle...... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools