Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Raheem is wrong « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 6

liambowls

Second String

: October 07, 2010, 11:39:14 PM

Raheem wants this team to be a bunch of criminals.  He was asked yesterday about the Bucs recent success on the road and this was what he came up with:

"I think we kind of like the adversity a little bit. They kind of thrive on the boos. They kind of thrive on the middle fingers, you know, rolling into the stadium.  You know, they kinda get a little bit of energy of just being angry because everybody hates them.  They kind of thrive on it a bit, that negativity, or that us-against-the-world mentality because they are kind of a young football team and we all listened to Tupac [Shakur] growing up.

How stupid.  Why would he even mention that thug rapist.  He is the worst thing this country has probably ever produced.  For an NFL coach to promote that  seems very unprofessional.  And what does adversity have to do with winning on the road.  I learned playing sports when I was younger and even from playing softball recently that you win because you are prepared and mentally tough.  This stuff Raheem talks about is nonsense.

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#1 : October 08, 2010, 12:07:14 AM

Raheem is an embarrassment to the Bucs and the NFL.

S.A.N.T.A.N.A.

Starter

#2 : October 08, 2010, 12:13:48 AM

tupac was music's last great prophet. he had a purpose on why he was here, you sadly didn't comprehend it. there's a lot to take from his life

BerubesBucs

Hall of Famer

#3 : October 08, 2010, 12:17:19 AM

As I was reading the quote, I wondered why anyone would actually gripe about it... then I looked over and saw who made the post.

You're right OP... Raheem Morris is a terrible coach because he mentioned Tupac.

I'm starting to wonder if less people are posting here not because of the board changes, but because of the recent emergence of annoying posts by liambowls, Raheem is a Baffoon, and the other dude that makes dumb posts all the time.

Trust me, I troll a fair amount of boards myself, but you guys are awful trolls. It helps to switch up your shtick every now and then. Try it.

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#4 : October 08, 2010, 12:19:14 AM

S.A.N.T.A.N.A. wrote:
tupac was music's last great prophet. he had a purpose on why he was here, you sadly didn't comprehend it. there's a lot to take from his life

http://www.metrolyrics.com/me-against-the-world-lyrics-2pac.html

Wasn't that supposedly his greatest lyrics?    Sounds like a thug to me.   I can't relate to that crap at all.

grimmbux

Practice Squad

#5 : October 08, 2010, 12:47:17 AM

I played softball I know what its like! I'm sure you do... I'm sure most people on here played sports at some point their life, but don't choose to pick apart everything our head coach says. Please continue to not give him any time and be an ass about everything this team does. Why even be a fan? Don't start talking about how I'm new either because I have been following these boards long enough to know your and the rest of the haters schtick. Yea, you don't have to be an freakin cheeerleader but you don't have to **CENSORED** about every little damn thing either.

S.A.N.T.A.N.A.

Starter

#6 : October 08, 2010, 12:52:50 AM

Tupac had a dark side but like I said his life taught people something. God uses all sorts of people in different ways. There was a lot of good that came from him. Because deep down he was an insanely bright person, he wanted to be a beautiful human being but his life was not ordinary...there are reasons why he'll never be forgotten.

nubcake

Hall of Famer

#7 : October 08, 2010, 01:18:42 AM

Bandot wrote:
S.A.N.T.A.N.A. wrote:

http://www.metrolyrics.com/me-against-the-world-lyrics-2pac.html

Wasn't that supposedly his greatest lyrics?    Sounds like a thug to me.   I can't relate to that crap at all.

No one cares if you can relate to it, you aren't on the team. I don't like Tupac's messages either but if the coach makes an analogy to his "me against the world" attitude I'm not going to soil myself like some stuffy old white man(and yes, I'm white too) who just had some "colored folk" move in next door.

Different strokes. Get over it.

WelshBuc

Starter

#8 : October 08, 2010, 04:58:32 AM

Rap videos and pool parties LOL!

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#9 : October 08, 2010, 05:27:39 AM

wow, you guys can get people pissed off on a message board. Arnt you **CENSORED**in special hahahah pathetic.

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#10 : October 08, 2010, 05:54:39 AM

Raheem Morris has developed a sense of unity on this team. The vast majority are young black men who have a common bond in their taste in music. That doesn't make them thugs, and anyone who would make that leap would appear as someone with a racial prejudice issue.

I am a 67 year old white man, and hesitate to use rap and music in the same paragraph, much less the same sentence. I don't like it at all, but to equate people who do with some kind of gang mentality is wrong. It is slander, and slander is a criminal act.

Rock and roll was labled the devil's music, and that was pretty tame compared to some of the garbage that's being sold today. Every generation tries to push the limits and get an edge. It's what kids do. Eventually, they'll get back around to real music with melodies, lyrics, and great vocals. I probably won't live long enough to see it, but so what. There's a catalog of great music available, that goes back generations before I was born. I enjoy some of all of it, with the possible exception of rap.

I enthusiastically approve of the way Raheem Morris has brought this team together. Some here view it as a gang. I prefer to view it as a family. Either way, they will fight for each other, and that's what successful teams do. This is a young predominently black team, led by a young predominently black man. They can relate to him, and that's a good thing. I'm glad to see it. Those that are not either need to get used to it, or find another team. I suspect Morris is going to be here for a decade or three. He's intelligent and charismatic, though some here are reluctant to admit it.

WelshBuc

Starter

#11 : October 08, 2010, 06:06:55 AM

I can't wait until around 4:30 PM Sunday.  I'm giddy with excitement to see what the new excuses will be.

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#12 : October 08, 2010, 06:39:36 AM

S.A.N.T.A.N.A. wrote:
Tupac had a dark side but like I said his life taught people something. God uses all sorts of people in different ways. There was a lot of good that came from him. Because deep down he was an insanely bright person, he wanted to be a beautiful human being but his life was not ordinary...there are reasons why he'll never be forgotten.

1sparkybuc wrote:
Some here view it as a gang. I prefer to view it as a family.

These exact same things were said about this man and his "family" more than once.  

BTownBucFan

Hall of Famer
#13 : October 08, 2010, 06:59:29 AM

This thread is one huge epic failure.

DiSalvo

Starter

#14 : October 08, 2010, 07:13:13 AM

Stop picking on Rah....it's like picking on the retarded kid in class.

Page: 1 2 3 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Raheem is wrong « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools