Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Raheem is wrong « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6

jbear

Pro Bowler

#30 : October 08, 2010, 10:48:30 AM

Quote from: SunnyD
I get the vibe that a lot of people including the OP and Raw is a Buffoon do not like Coach Morris and what he stands for because he is black.

Definetely racisim going on in many of their posts.

I'd rather call it bigotry.  I doubt they even realize it about themselves. There is just too much talk of "Thugs" for them to be reasoned, unprejudiced ideas.

deadzone

Hall of Famer

#31 : October 08, 2010, 10:55:44 AM

jbear wrote:
 I mean, he is a little too player freindly for my liking.  He's supposed to be the boss not their pal.

BAM!!! You just nailed it jbear....

jbear

Pro Bowler

#32 : October 08, 2010, 11:04:15 AM

Sure fine then why all the thug talk every five minutes?  I don't care for Raheem Morris either and defend my right to say so here if I feel like it, but I can't get on board when it gets ugly like this.  Then you get the cheerleaders chiming in that you can't not like Raheem Morris unless you're racist.  Its becasue of this stuff, not because there aren't real reasons to think Raheem Morris is a clown.  I'm tired of being associated with this kind of bigotry and I'm saying so.

Cerious

Hall of Famer

#33 : October 08, 2010, 11:27:00 AM

liambowls wrote:
Why would he even mention that thug rapist.  He is the worst thing this country has probably ever produced.

Far worse individuals than Tupac Shakur have lived and are living in this country. Smh at the thought.

Pick6

Hall of Famer
#34 : October 08, 2010, 11:30:49 AM

JM2 wrote:
So I guess you anti Tupac folks find Johnny Cash to be a thug as well and everyone who listened and liked him must be thugs as well?

"I shot a man in Reno,

Just to watch him die."

or

"If I hadn't a shot poor Delia I'd a had her for my wife."

"cocaine blues", from the folsom prison concert.......thug.

Early one mornin' while makin' the rounds
I took a shot of cocaine and I shot my woman down
I went right home and I went to bed I stuck that lovin' 44 beneath my head

Got up next mornin' and I grabbed that gun took a shot of cocaine and away I run
Made a good run but I run too slow they overtook me down in Juarez Mexico

and yes, this thread is a total fail.  players are who they are, not who the fans want them to be.  brian price isn't going to come from south central LA and suddenly get fired up listening to Toby Keith because he's in Tampa.  

some coaches can stuff players into boxes and suppress personalities, but most will succeed by understanding who their players are and what makes them tick.  it was a quality gruden had which made players so effective in their first seasons with him

every good coach will start by figuring out who his players are, whether they all belong on his team, and then will deliver a message in his own way to get the team to where they need to be.  raheem has no credibility as a dungy type coach who plays the father figure or a parcells type coach in the role of a butt-kicker.  that's inauthentic leadership, and it's better to get fired for trying to do it your way than failing as a phony.  obviously the players are responding

FlyingScorpion

Starter
#35 : October 08, 2010, 11:36:50 AM

liambowls wrote:
Raheem wants this team to be a bunch of criminals.

liambowls wrote:
My brother-in-law..... He had a few beers in him and ended up getting into a shoving match with security.  He ended up getting arrested and not making the game.

We should all be upstanding citizens like liam and his crew  :laugh:

Freeman\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"I love winning a lot more than Im scared of losing\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"

deadzone

Hall of Famer

#36 : October 08, 2010, 11:37:10 AM

jbear wrote:
Sure fine then why all the thug talk every five minutes?  I don't care for Raheem Morris either and defend my right to say so here if I feel like it, but I can't get on board when it gets ugly like this.  Then you get the cheerleaders chiming in that you can't not like Raheem Morris unless you're racist.  Its becasue of this stuff, not because there aren't real reasons to think Raheem Morris is a clown.  I'm tired of being associated with this kind of bigotry and I'm saying so.

Well, you need to thicken your skin bro'...........You think it's gotten ugly?  I think some have expressed some legitimate views....and some have become offended and thrown out a few unnecessary labels.

Me, I don't accept rap....but I understand it. I'll accept the rapper but not the message. Tho' I know it's just a niche that creates a nice income for the mentioned.  Most are living the good life and are as mainstream as you and me.

FlyingScorpion

Starter
#37 : October 08, 2010, 11:39:22 AM

Raw Is A Buffoon wrote:
Rap videos and pool parties LOL!

Stop bringing up your plans for the weekend dude its getting old

Freeman\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"I love winning a lot more than Im scared of losing\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"

Supreme

Starter

#38 : October 08, 2010, 11:57:54 AM

Awww... did Rah hurt your feelings?
Got your panties all up in a bunch over his press conferense?
This deserves a Kick in the taco I say!

deadzone

Hall of Famer

#39 : October 08, 2010, 12:06:29 PM

Now there's a post that will make you run to the "Beer Shed"........

BerubesBucs

Hall of Famer

#40 : October 08, 2010, 12:12:51 PM

SunnyD wrote:
I get the vibe that a lot of people including the OP and Raw is a Buffoon do not like Coach Morris and what he stands for because he is black.

ICK

It didn't even cross my mind, but it actually makes perfect sense. I can usually deal with most trolls... but something rubs me the wrong way with a few of these guys here.

escobar

Hall of Famer

#41 : October 08, 2010, 12:23:24 PM

SunnyD wrote:

ICK

And the streak continues. It's impossible to dislike or critique a minority without being labeled a racist in this country. Ripken, Favre, Manning, and the guy who made over 3000 free throws in a row would all be proud of this long running streak.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#42 : October 08, 2010, 12:40:41 PM

escobar wrote:
SunnyD wrote:

ICK

And the streak continues. It's impossible to dislike or critique a minority without being labeled a racist in this country. Ripken, Favre, Manning, and the guy who made over 3000 free throws in a row would all be proud of this long running streak.

Please. At various points the original poster has talked about acquiring Bruce Gradkowski, Eric Weddle, AJ Hawk, Peyton Hillis, Riley Cooper, and Toby Gerhart, among others, while using terms like "playing the game the way it's supposed to be played", while railing against rap music and "thugs". That's all he talks about. It's pretty obvious what his angle is.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

jbear

Pro Bowler

#43 : October 08, 2010, 12:43:04 PM

liambowls wrote:
It's funny that someone called Tupac a prophet and someone else posted a photo of Manson  in the same thread.  I find them both to be very similar.  Manson, encouraged people to kill much like Tupac.  Dontae Morris loved him some Tupac.  

You'll get smacked behind the hill with my phone on my pager
It's beepin while I cut you with my razor
I'm not violent, I'm petrified and nervous
I got no mercy for these **CENSORED**z tryin to serve us
But if you catch me outta pocket, then I'm got
You love to shoot a **CENSORED** but you scared to pop a cop

This may be the stupidist thing I've heard anyone say ever in my entire life.  Did you see the pop a cop line and think you knew what you were talking about?  Those lyrics may as well have been written in chinese because you'd have understood them just about as much.

This six lines doesn't mean anything even close to what I'm sure you think it does.  Its social comentary, the jist of what he's saying is that he's scared every day he's out there and knows if he's caught by people who don't like him and he's not prepared to kill he'll be dead.  The last line is about black on black crime in the projects and how its easier for them to kill each other than it is to fight the system that keeps them there.

Many people (not just black thugs) put Tupac shakur in a really special group of revolutionary artists who tried to change the world. I'm talking "Bob Dillayn, Bob Marley, John Lennon... Tupac"  You are that wrong about it man.  Just wow.  

http://www.hks.harvard.edu/cchrp/hrsm/teaching/SyllabusAmProtestLitt_09.pdf

deadzone

Hall of Famer

#44 : October 08, 2010, 12:59:26 PM

Feel Real Good wrote:
escobar wrote:
SunnyD wrote:

ICK

Please. At various points the original poster has talked about acquiring Bruce Gradkowski, Eric Weddle, AJ Hawk, Peyton Hillis, Riley Cooper, and Toby Gerhart, among others, while using terms like "playing the game the way it's supposed to be played", while railing against rap music and "thugs". That's all he talks about. It's pretty obvious what his angle is.

What's your angle dude? Have you ever started a thread on this forum? Not that I've seen.......you just read and after a few comments, you choose the politically correct side and jump in.....You, as with others don't have the gonads to start a thread of your own.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Raheem is wrong « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools