Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Two most over- rated 5-0 teams « previous next »
Page: 1 2

Runole

Hall of Famer
: October 08, 2010, 03:24:02 PM

Ohio State and LSU

I believe LSU will get destroyed by UF Saturday by at least 4-5 TDs.

LSU has been more lucky than good.

The Big Ten looks much weaker this year.   If Nebraska was already in the Big 10 they would win IMO.

Alabama and Nebraska look to be the toughest after 5 games IMO

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#1 : October 08, 2010, 04:25:20 PM

Big 12 sucks this year

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#2 : October 08, 2010, 08:35:16 PM

Runole wrote:
Ohio State and LSU

followed by Texas, Oklahoma

I have to give some credit to OSU for beating Miami, though.

And what about BSU who's sole calim to fame is beating a VT that then lost to James Madison.

Runole wrote:

I believe LSU will get destroyed by UF Saturday by at least 4-5 TDs.

beaten, yes, whipped-yes, but by 4-5 TDs? I doubt that unless the D+ST score 2-3

Runole wrote:

LSU has been more lucky than good.

They have been very good on D, and down right pathetic on O. And so far all the bounces have been their way.

Runole wrote:

The Big Ten looks much weaker this year.   If Nebraska was already in the Big 10 they would win IMO.

Alabama and Nebraska look to be the toughest after 5 games IMO

With Bama it's not even close. If they beat SC, that will be 3 straight ranked opponents and 4 of the last 5 games.

Harder to tell with Nebraska because they haven't played anyone except KSU, but they look good so far.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#3 : October 09, 2010, 11:00:56 PM

LSU was not over rated, but boy oh boy was Florida.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#4 : October 09, 2010, 11:09:18 PM

John Galt? wrote:

Florida needs to get Brantley under center in a pro-style offense, and figure out how to run the ball.

Samari28

Hall of Famer
#5 : October 09, 2010, 11:20:07 PM

LSU "destroyed" please you and Oregon can talk all you want but scoreboard is all that matters so we drained the damn Swamp!!!

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#6 : October 10, 2010, 12:01:59 AM

Samari28 wrote:
LSU "destroyed" please you and Oregon can talk all you want but scoreboard is all that matters so we drained the damn Swamp!!!

watch out... natl title for LSU coming! They look lethal on offense!!!

Snook

Hall of Famer

#7 : October 10, 2010, 09:26:46 AM

bradentonian wrote:
John Galt? wrote:

Florida needs to get Brantley under center in a pro-style offense, and figure out how to run the ball.

I agree.  This Leak/Tebow combo they're trying to re-create just isn't working.

Did anyone read the lips of that guy in the stands at the UF game say, "He's not Tim F-ing Tebow" right after #8 got stuffed trying to be Tim Tebow?  Classic.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#8 : October 10, 2010, 10:51:16 AM

SnookAU wrote:
bradentonian wrote:
John Galt? wrote:

Did anyone read the lips of that guy in the stands at the UF game say, "He's not Tim F-ing Tebow" right after #8 got stuffed trying to be Tim Tebow?  Classic.

Florida needs to get on the phone and hire an OC that knows WTH he's doing.

You don't take a 3 step/5 step drop QB with 4 cracked ribs and have him run option bootlegs.

When LSU's star shutdown CB leaves the game, you don't run the ball twice then throw to a guy covered by a LB, you challenge the kid replacing the star.

When you have a pro-style QB who is accurate and has a quick release, the play book should have more than just screens, 2 yard digs, and comebacks. I think Florida took 3 deep shots all game, even when trailing by double digits.

When it is week 6, and every single week there are 10+ shot gun snaps that are either low or wide to the left (forcing the QB to take his eyes off the receivers to find the ball) then maybe it's time to stop running shot gun snaps and get the QB under center.

IMO, that last one is the biggest issue. Brantley can't watch the routes develop and go thru the progression because he has to take his eyes off downfield and concentrate on handling bad snaps. This costs him a full second and his OL is barely giving him 3 seconds. If he was under center he could keep his eyes downfield and spot the holes in the zone and get more 8+ yrd completions instead of a receptions for little to no gain or sacks.

When you get out-coached by Gary Crowton, you need to be fired.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#9 : October 10, 2010, 12:01:46 PM

Agreed 100% JG?.   Addazio's awful.  I don't know if Urban will send him packing or not.  Meyer seems to like him.

SnookAU wrote:

Dan Mullen vs. Steve Addazio.  One guy had a clue, the other doesn't.

Mullen is doing some good things at little 'ole Mississippi State.  They have the same record as Florida.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#10 : October 10, 2010, 02:42:35 PM

its painful watching UF's offense.  especially knowing there are good players out there.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#11 : October 10, 2010, 08:42:12 PM

Virginia Tech Wins the ACC this year putting Boise State in the National Championship game against.......Michigan State.  

Oregon will lose again, although I do like watching them play.  Ohio State deserves to be #1 Why??  Who have they played??  NOBODY!

LSU or Boise St. deserves to be #1 before Ohio St.  How does Bama stay ahead of South Carolina in the polls?  Didn't they JUST BEAT THEM BY TWO TOUCHDOWNS??!!

College football rankings...ya gott love it.

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#12 : October 10, 2010, 10:09:19 PM

Why would Boise St derserve to be #1 over Ohio State? The hate for Ohio State on here is hilarious.

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#13 : October 11, 2010, 09:32:57 AM

Legend, why should they be #1?  Who have they played this year?  We always hear that weak argument when it comes to Boise St, so put the shoe on the other foot.  Ohio St. gets ranked this way and if they go undefeated, will have proved nothing more than the last two times they went undefeated and then got pounced like a mouse in the national championship game.  Boise St. goes undefeated, they deserve to go to the national championship game this year.  That will be two straight years with no losses!!??  What else do they have to do?  And don't say schedule tougher games, because the same argument can be used against Ohio St.

I'm going to mention playoffs again once more knowing it's pointless.  I never thought about it, but another great reason the big schools are so against the playoffs, is for what just took place.  As it stands, Ohio St. will go to the big game if they don't lose since they are Ohio St and are ranked #1.  Yet, if Boise St. is ranked #1, there is a great chanced they get bumped based upon the perception they play a weaker schedule than other schools.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#14 : October 11, 2010, 05:38:43 PM

Legend wrote:
Why would Boise St derserve to be #1 over Ohio State? The hate for Ohio State on here is hilarious.

Right now?  Because of SOS.

Strength of Schedules

Boise State - 28th
Ohio State - 117th

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Two most over- rated 5-0 teams « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools