Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Two most over- rated 5-0 teams « previous next »
Page: 1 2

ranman

Pro Bowler
#15 : October 11, 2010, 06:10:10 PM

SOS arguments when not even half way through the season are useless.  Pretty sure that BSU will continue to drop and tOSU will continue to rise.  We still have a couple of months to go.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#16 : October 11, 2010, 06:25:07 PM

ranman wrote:
SOS arguments when not even half way through the season are useless.  Pretty sure that BSU will continue to drop and tOSU will continue to rise.  We still have a couple of months to go.

A question was posed as to why a BSU should be ranked above OSU today.  SOS is a valid argument for BSU vs. OSU today.

BTW, OSU will be lucky to be in the 40's in the SOS rankings at the end of the season.

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#17 : October 11, 2010, 10:02:54 PM

I have said it before, but go back and look at when OSU was going undefeated in the past few years and getting to the national championship games.  Regardless of who they played, those teams would somehow be given a ridiculous ranking so as to pad the SOS for OSU.  EVERYONE knew some of the teams they were playing just plain out sucked, but would end up ranked #22 or #21 just to make OSU look better.  

Disgusting to say the least.  The TRADITION of college football SUCKS when it comes to determining the championship.  I would vote for them going back to having co-champions than the crap they are calling championships today.

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#18 : October 11, 2010, 11:26:20 PM

BucsGuru wrote:
I have said it before, but go back and look at when OSU was going undefeated in the past few years and getting to the national championship games.  Regardless of who they played, those teams would somehow be given a ridiculous ranking so as to pad the SOS for OSU.  EVERYONE knew some of the teams they were playing just plain out sucked, but would end up ranked #22 or #21 just to make OSU look better.  

Disgusting to say the least.  The TRADITION of college football SUCKS when it comes to determining the championship.  I would vote for them going back to having co-champions than the crap they are calling championships today.

We still beat a very good Oregon team in the Rose Bowl..

Runole

Hall of Famer
#19 : October 13, 2010, 05:22:28 PM

Boy was I ever wrong!   I must have seriously over rated the Gators

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#20 : October 13, 2010, 10:06:08 PM

Runole wrote:
Boy was I ever wrong!   I must have seriously over rated the Gators

Funny thing is the true "die hard" gator fans that posted in this thread (me and Biggs) saw it coming week 1. We have been "female dogging'" about Florida's O since last year. I knew we were overrated, not in talent, but on the sidelines. It is like when Jeff Bowden was OC at FSU, you just knew it was wrong and would end in disaster. You don't want to blame Bobby, but he hired Jeff, and I don't want to blame Meyer, but he hired Addazio.

Heck, as a Gator fan, I am seriously worried about this weeks game at Miss State. I sure wouldn't bet on the Gators vs the spread.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#21 : October 13, 2010, 10:17:21 PM

Addazio's shortcomings were obvious last season, he just had a Heisman winning QB on his team to help hide them a little better.

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Two most over- rated 5-0 teams « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools