Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Week 6 cfb thread « previous next »
Page: 1 2

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#15 : October 09, 2010, 11:48:49 PM

bradentonian wrote:
Will Oregon jump to #1 in the polls?

no and they shouldnt. I was one of the few who watched todays game. Thankfully the natl media is saying oregon rolled

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#16 : October 10, 2010, 02:01:10 AM

Michigan losing to Michigan St isn't an upset. Michigan how struggled to beat anyone this year. Anyone outside of Ann Arbor can see that.

dark uncle

Hall of Famer

#17 : October 10, 2010, 09:38:21 AM

FSU was en fuego tonight.  I can't believe their running game these days.  I also like Jimbo's play calling for the most part.  FSU will not be making news as a national contender this season but it looks like the rumble with the Gators should be competitive again. College football in Florida is so much better when Miami, UF and FSU are all competitive every year.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#18 : October 10, 2010, 11:00:52 AM

dark uncle wrote:
FSU was en fuego tonight.  I can't believe their running game these days.  I also like Jimbo's play calling for the most part.  FSU will not be making news as a national contender this season but it looks like the rumble with the Gators should be competitive again. College football in Florida is so much better when Miami, UF and FSU are all competitive every year.

FSU is definitely on the rise. They need a couple good recruiting years and they might be back in the hunt.

Florida, OTOH, is on the decline. Until Meyer figures out that Addazio is a major liability and gets a real OC, I see 2-3 losses every year.

Miami is a mystery. I'm not sold on their young HC. Jacory Harris is a turnover machine.

WTH happened to USF?? They've gone from slightly above average to down right embarrassing.

dark uncle

Hall of Famer

#19 : October 11, 2010, 09:54:54 AM

Galt-
I think UF will be fine by the end of the season, they are breaking-in a new QB for the first time in years and that always comes with a couple bumps in the road.  It isn't like the Gators have gotten beaten by pansies...

Randy Shannon of Miami is very calm on the sidelines but I wonder if that is the kind o fcoach that Miami needs now?  He has done a better than average job of getting the team headed in the right direction and keeping them out of trouble (UF could take some lessons from this strangely enough), but I think Miami needs their swagger back. They are suffering the same problem as FSU - they don;t have as many 5-stars coming to play for them these days and it shows.

USF looked terrible when I watched them a little on Saturday.  Did not look like the play calling fit the situation OR Syracuse simply out-manned them.  Hard to say as that was the only USF game I have seen this season.

Very happy with the defensive shift for FSU - it is paying off big-time.  Finally getting away from the man-coverage and our pass rush all of a sudden showed-up reminds me of the 90's defenses.  It also helps that FSU has remained more or less healthy this season - although I wonder if Ponder's shoulder is really OK since he isn't launching many downfield passes these days.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#20 : October 11, 2010, 02:03:34 PM

i think UF is in trouble.  and its sad, because i think they have a ton of talent.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#21 : October 11, 2010, 05:34:58 PM

GameTime wrote:
i think UF is in trouble.  and its sad, because i think they have a ton of talent.

Ditto.  Meyer has to get a handle on the offensive gameplan.

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Week 6 cfb thread « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools