Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: How about them Bucs safeties. « previous next »
Page: 1 2

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#15 : October 22, 2006, 08:07:18 PM

Thanks for this thread. I had posted similar thoughts in my "the bent and they broke" thread. Our safety play has been unspectacular to say the least.

You are welcome.

Who won your Grads tourney?

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#16 : October 22, 2006, 08:08:28 PM

I just watched the Westbrook TD in the high-def at home. Brooks whiffed, Bolden whiffed, Barber was just unable to make the play because he came up a little short, Allen missed, Ruud dove but missed, then here comes the guy who SHOULD have saved the TD but Jermaine Phillips absolutely BLEW the save thanks to a horrendous inability to take the right angle.

Agreed.

I was counting them off as they happened.  It was not so hillarious.  But the Eagles fans behind me thought it was funny....

Of course, they all bought me beers afterwards.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#17 : October 22, 2006, 08:09:58 PM

Who won your Grads tourney?

I'm waiting for the update at NFL.com since I said that they will be considered the "official" source for the correct number. I don't want to declare a winner then have NFL.com contradict me later.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#18 : October 22, 2006, 08:11:31 PM

DTG, you sir, are a smart man.

Any predictions on the Giants game?

I will be there.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#19 : October 22, 2006, 08:18:23 PM

I predict it will be a tough game and I expect it to be fairly close. I'd like to think that the Bucs defense will step up, but I think Tiki will have a big game against them. They go from playing the #1 offense in the league in Philly to the #2 offense in the league in the Giants. The only difference is, the Giants defense is better, although the term "better" here is relative since I think Jim Johnson of the Eagles is one of the best DC's in the league and he really knows how to disguise his defenses and he knows how to scheme against a young QB.

I want the Bucs to win. I try not to ever predict a loss. But this one will be a tough one on the road.

Hit55Fan

Hall of Famer

#20 : October 22, 2006, 08:27:20 PM

only so many times can we post about phillips.. he is just plain bad..

he looks for the big hit.. gets beat way to many times..  he needs to be replaced.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#21 : October 22, 2006, 08:28:09 PM

only so many times can we post about phillips.. he is just plain bad..

he looks for the big hit.. gets beat way to many times.. he needs to be replaced.

WORD.

Phillips sucks.

Timbuc2

Pro Bowler

#22 : October 22, 2006, 09:26:10 PM

We need Safeties period!!! I bet Brian Dawkins or their other safety would have made that play!!

gone

Hall of Famer
#23 : October 22, 2006, 09:31:01 PM

DTG, you sir, are a smart man.

Any predictions on the Giants game?

I will be there.
Gawd if it Weren't for Eli, I predict Giants in a blowout.  Tiki is the prototype buc-killer.  but NYG is a hard team to get a read on....

BTownBucFan

Hall of Famer
#24 : October 22, 2006, 09:31:14 PM

not just them ... it was a complete wiffing effort.  How about a new Defensive nickname ... "The Wiffing Wilmas"

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#25 : October 22, 2006, 09:31:57 PM

At this point, I say move Allen to SS and and let Kalvin Pearson get some PT at FS.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: How about them Bucs safeties. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools