Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Boise State #1? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#30 : November 13, 2010, 11:28:22 PM

BucsGuru wrote:
Boise isn't #1 but will end the year at #2 and play Oregon for the National Championship!!!

I hope so

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#31 : November 27, 2010, 09:15:39 AM

Boise State deserves the chance to play for the National Championship this year because:

1. They have gone 60-4 since the 2006-2007 season, and the best record in Division I over that period.

2. They currently hold the nations longest winning streak.

3. Since 2006/2007, they have defeated quality teams outside their division, including Oregon State (x2), Oregon (x2), Washington, Oklahoma, Utah, Virgina Tech, and an Undefeated TCU squad. 

4. Virginia Tech looks like it will end up winning the ACC Title this year. 

LIKE I SAID, THEY DESERVE THE CHANCE, BUT WILL PROBABLY END UP BEING MATCHED UP WITH THE ACC WINNER, ESPECIALLY IF VA TECH WINS AGAIN.  THIS IS WHY THE BCS DOESN'T WORK.

LOL....

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

#32 : November 27, 2010, 01:36:44 PM

Boise State deserves the chance to play for the National Championship this year because:

1. They have gone 60-4 since the 2006-2007 season, and the best record in Division I over that period.

2. They currently hold the nations longest winning streak.

3. Since 2006/2007, they have defeated quality teams outside their division, including Oregon State (x2), Oregon (x2), Washington, Oklahoma, Utah, Virgina Tech, and an Undefeated TCU squad. 

4. Virginia Tech looks like it will end up winning the ACC Title this year. 

LIKE I SAID, THEY DESERVE THE CHANCE, BUT WILL PROBABLY END UP BEING MATCHED UP WITH THE ACC WINNER, ESPECIALLY IF VA TECH WINS AGAIN.  THIS IS WHY THE BCS DOESN'T WORK.

LOL....

Uhhh...LOL + 1

Incomparable sig by Incognito

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#33 : November 27, 2010, 05:00:06 PM

BucsGuru wrote:
Boise isn't #1 but will end the year at #2 and play Oregon for the National Championship!!!

I hope so

Nevada says NO

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

#34 : November 29, 2010, 12:51:03 AM

Actually, I think in Nevada, it sounds more like:

"Naah..."

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#35 : November 29, 2010, 11:01:23 AM

SO does Nevada deserve to play in a BCS bowl game with one loss and just knocking off the #4 team in the land with the nations longest winning streak??

System is flawed.

Need to follow the career of the Boise State kicker AFTER this year.......something tells me he is set for LIFE!  LOL, just kidding.  How do you miss 2 extremely easy kicks??!!

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#36 : November 29, 2010, 12:09:04 PM

SO does Nevada deserve to play in a BCS bowl game with one loss and just knocking off the #4 team in the land with the nations longest winning streak??

System is flawed.

No, mainly just your logic is flawed.

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#37 : November 29, 2010, 01:23:14 PM

Seriously Biggs?? 

Let me ask you then; say the Bucs make the playoffs this year as the #6 seed and end up defeating the #1 seed.  Do the Bucs get to move on and play in the 2nd round or does the #1 seed who just lost?  Of course the Bucs do!  That would be the right thing to do since the game was decided on the FIELD. 

Let's say Auburn loses to the game**CENSORED**s and Oregon wins next week.  Does a 1 loss Wisconsin team deserve to play for the national championship instead of TCU?  If so, give me any reason other than SOS.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#38 : November 29, 2010, 04:12:38 PM

If so, give me any reason other than SOS.

LOL

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#39 : November 29, 2010, 04:25:19 PM

Any Given Saturday?? 

LOL at the "CENSORED" above for the  South Carolina Game privates?!

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#40 : November 30, 2010, 12:23:55 AM

Seriously Biggs?? 

Let me ask you then; say the Bucs make the playoffs this year as the #6 seed and end up defeating the #1 seed.  Do the Bucs get to move on and play in the 2nd round or does the #1 seed who just lost?  Of course the Bucs do!  That would be the right thing to do since the game was decided on the FIELD. 

Let's say Auburn loses to the game**CENSORED**s and Oregon wins next week.  Does a 1 loss Wisconsin team deserve to play for the national championship instead of TCU?  If so, give me any reason other than SOS.

What is screwed up is that TCU's conference has more ranked teams and a better overall record including record against other BCS conference teams than the Big East, a BCS conference that gets an auto bid to a major bowl game. I don't like the BCS system, but it ain't going away ($$$$$$). But I do think it is time they reconsidered which Conferences deserve special treatment. And while they are at it, revoke ND's "special privilege", what have they done to deserve a special independent BCS rule? If ND goes 8-4 or 9-3 they get a shot at a BCS bowl, but 1 lose BSU gets stuck with the Humanitarian Bowl-HUH??

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

#41 : November 30, 2010, 12:54:55 AM

System is flawed.

Wisconsin certainly wouldn't argue with that logic...

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#42 : November 30, 2010, 09:46:18 AM

System is flawed.

Wisconsin certainly wouldn't argue with that logic...

Albeit not by much, Wisconsin has a higher SOS than Nevada's 86th ranked SOS.

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Boise State #1? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools