Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Favre allegations « previous next »
Page: 1 2

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
: October 13, 2010, 12:16:35 PM

Since there photographs involved, I'm reasonably certain he's guilty. The thing that rubs me the wrong way is the timing. Why wait two years to bring up these charges? Nothing said when Favre's a Jet in 2008. Nothing said when Favre's on another team in another conference in 2009. Everything said in the week leading up to the game when it just might become a major distraction for the opposing QB. Never mind that it might rip the man's life apart and cause him a divorce, the important thing is to gain any advantage in order to win the game.
This is clearly Farve's last season, and the Vikings are already on life support. The exposure is punishment enough. The league is not going to impose anything additional. The person who opened this can of worms should be censored by the league for the blatant and obvious agenda behind all of this.

Also, there had to be something to indicate that naked pictures would be welcome. I mean, 8x10 color glossies for fans are not usually nudes. Their relationship had to be much closer than that. Maybe it was a cheerleader, and a "I'll show you mine if you show me yours" situation.

Whatever, the timing was very questionable and it's not great publicity for the NFL.

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#1 : October 13, 2010, 01:17:25 PM

I don't see how this is any big deal.

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#2 : October 13, 2010, 01:25:16 PM

Its simple. Don't do something when you can't deal with the consequences. Favre shouldn't have showed his half incher to a girl when he is married

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#3 : October 13, 2010, 01:55:31 PM

I don't disagree, but for two years or so it's no issue, then all of a sudden it is....give me a break. Moral indignation doesn't take that long.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#4 : October 13, 2010, 02:47:16 PM

Favre's problem is you can't monkey around with team employees. If he was sexting random bar skanks no one could do anything.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Pick6

Hall of Famer
#5 : October 13, 2010, 05:21:36 PM

i think the incident with the reporter at jets practice kicked up some dust.  given the team and the league's response to the comparatively innocuous ines sainz situation, it would be awfully hypocritical to then pretend this situation never existed for the jets organization. i don't know if you can run a whole sensitivity program and make a public bid to sort it out and then not investigate an extremely blatant and well-publicized rumor of sexual harrassment involving 2 employees

personally, i'm not concerned with the consequences for favre.  this strikes me as an extension of his chronic need to be noticed, and a guy who has cried wolf as many times as brett has doesn't deserve much quarter when he gets bitten for taking it too far.  i'm guessing it was just some shenanigans to be more talked about in the locker room, possibly to win over some guys who might not have been impressed with how you showed up for the starting job after missing the whole offseason offensive installation.  it is an unfair leap to assume a desireintent to cheat on his wife or any sexual relationship with the recipient, but i think his attention whoring provides adequate explanation.

if there is some deeper scandal, i hope it remains private and it's something for he and his family to sort out.  but whatever the context it was as stupid as his annual offseason drama, and shows worse judgement than his passes late in critical games. if this were matt leinart or david garrard or some other middling QB, you can bet the hammer would come down on that player and this wouldn't have been kept under wraps as well as it has been.

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#6 : October 13, 2010, 07:30:35 PM

Doesn't everybody send Jenn Sterger pics of their penis?

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#7 : October 13, 2010, 07:46:06 PM

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

cyberdude558

Hall of Famer

#8 : October 14, 2010, 02:26:02 AM

Really, Favre needs to just retire. He's won a Super Bowl. He's got tons of money. And he's assured to go into the HoF. So what exactly is he still playing for? I understand he loves the game and he believes he can still play. But right now, his QB rating is 67. Only Bradford, Anderson, and Clausen have a worse rating.

And if anything, he has stunted the growth of the Vikings. He's doing more harm than good to that franchise. And its mainly because he puts himself before anyone else. And now he's even hurt his family in the process of his wanting to always be in the media spotlight and be the center of attention. What he's doing at this point is tarnishing a historic career. And now this scandal will follow him out.

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#9 : October 14, 2010, 02:50:56 AM

dat avre hersy false he ain evn goat a 4 inchs

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#10 : October 14, 2010, 07:20:53 AM

cyberdude558 wrote:
Really, Favre needs to just retire. He's won a Super Bowl. He's got tons of money. And he's assured to go into the HoF. So what exactly is he still playing for? I understand he loves the game and he believes he can still play. But right now, his QB rating is 67. Only Bradford, Anderson, and Clausen have a worse rating.

And if anything, he has stunted the growth of the Vikings. He's doing more harm than good to that franchise. And its mainly because he puts himself before anyone else. And now he's even hurt his family in the process of his wanting to always be in the media spotlight and be the center of attention. What he's doing at this point is tarnishing a historic career. And now this scandal will follow him out.

If someone offered you $20 million for a few months work and if all your co-workers came knocking on your door begging you to come back to work, you would do the exact same thing that Favre did.

cyberdude558

Hall of Famer

#11 : October 14, 2010, 08:10:44 PM

1sparkybuc wrote:

Whatever, the timing was very questionable and it's not great publicity for the NFL.

Mike Ditka agrees with you...

Ditka's take on Sterger:

"I'm not going to be as sympathetic to the woman as a lot of people are. It's two years after the fact. Cut it out. If you had a problem, you could have said it back then. You don't have to pull it out when you're going to have a spread in Playboy, or a Monday night game coming up."

So he has no sympathy for Sterger?

"None. None. Zero. Absolutely zero. You'll get some calls about that, but I could frankly care less."

But he doesn't see it as sexual harassment?

"I don't know about that. I don't know if it's sexual harassment if it's reported two years after the fact. I really don't . . . He didn't do anything wrong? No, I'm not saying that. The timing of it is a little su**CENSORED**ious to me, that's all."

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/gameon/post/2010/10/mike-ditka-has-zero-sympathy-for-jenn-sterger/1

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#12 : October 14, 2010, 11:12:05 PM

There had to be an established intimate relationship prior to Favre sending her the pictures. Nobody does that to initiate one. Also, how else would he know that she, and she alone, would view them?

This is not a woman seeking justice. She wants publicity and possibly revenge. This was a plan. Maybe blackmail didn't pan out for her.

Again, I'm not making excuses for him. Chances are, he is guilty, but the way she handled it (pun intended), reeks of opportunism and makes him a victim. I have no sympathy for her at all.

Did her pimp, uh agent, have anything to do with the timing, or was this strictly her idea?

T-800

Practice Squad

#13 : October 15, 2010, 02:50:37 AM

This story was actually circulating around for a bit now. It just started getting mainstream attention around the time of the game/a few days before it. But I remember, can't recall where from though, reading about it 2-3 weeks or so ago.

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#14 : October 15, 2010, 09:34:34 AM

I can understand why she didn't expose him (pun intended) when he was still a Jet. It would have hurt the team and put her job at risk, but there was no reason not to do it last year, if it really bothered her so much.

My guess is she wanted more than he was willing to give, and she plotted her revenge to coincide with the game. She let the rumor mill do the damage, and I believe it has. I can't ever remember Brett Favre talk about sitting out because of an injury. He's doing that now.

One thing set in stone, 2010 is Favre's finale. He's done.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Favre allegations « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools