Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: It was good for 10-15 minutes after the game was over! « previous next »
Page: 1 2

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

: October 22, 2006, 06:43:47 PM

When Matt Bryant belted that 62-yarder through the uprights to win a game I though surely our defense had given away, I ran over to my left and down to the stair entry from the club section down to the lower area that was populated by a couple of dozen Iggles fans. I threw my hands up in the air, signalling that the field goal was good.

I stood there with my arms raised straight up in the air for the next 10 or 15 minutes. As people filed out of the stadium, people were pointing at me and laughing with amusement, quite a few people stopped to take pictures of me, dozens of people high-fived me on their way out, and even a few Eagles fans were amused and appreciated my enthusiam. One Eagles fan high-fived me as well and commented: "It was good. You guys deserved the win".

Thanks, Eagles fan.

However, I will comment that there were a number of Eagles fans who were downright nasty on their way out as well. One particular foul-mouthed possibly drunken Philadelphia fan started yelling at me with a plethora of filthy words, saying essentially that I suck and my team sucks. I just stared down at him and kept emphasizing: "It's good! It's good! It's good! It's good! It's good!"

At that moment, without a doubt, it WAS good. And I thought last week was a dramatic victory...

GrudenFan63

Hall of Famer

#1 : October 22, 2006, 06:46:23 PM

When Matt Bryant belted that 62-yarder through the uprights to win a game I though surely our defense had given away, I ran over to my left and down to the stair entry from the club section down to the lower area that was populated by a couple of dozen Iggles fans. I threw my hands up in the air, signalling that the field goal was good.

I stood there with my arms raised straight up in the air for the next 10 or 15 minutes. As people filed out of the stadium, people were pointing at me and laughing with amusement, quite a few people stopped to take pictures of me, dozens of people high-fived me on their way out, and even a few Eagles fans were amused and appreciated my enthusiam. One Eagles fan high-fived me as well and commented: "It was good. You guys deserved the win".

Thanks, Eagles fan.

However, I will comment that there were a number of Eagles fans who were downright nasty on their way out as well. One particular foul-mouthed possibly drunken Philadelphia fan started yelling at me with a plethora of filthy words, saying essentially that I suck and my team sucks. I just stared down at him and kept emphasizing: "It's good! It's good! It's good! It's good! It's good!"

At that moment, without a doubt, it WAS good. And I thought last week was a dramatic victory...

I did hear a fellow say, "we'll just see which one will be in the play-offs." Since a play-off berth is still a great stretch right now; a victory over the Eagles might just be the second best thing this year.  ;D

Hit55Fan

Hall of Famer

#2 : October 22, 2006, 07:57:18 PM

nasty philly fans?!?! YOUR KIDDING!

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#3 : October 22, 2006, 08:03:27 PM

nasty philly fans?!?! YOUR KIDDING!

who'd have thunk it.  :o

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#4 : October 22, 2006, 08:04:00 PM

He was probably just expressing his love of Ronde!

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#5 : October 22, 2006, 08:27:41 PM

I was watching the game at my local pub, owned by a local semi pro kicker who set the all time record for a certain leagues points.  I looked at him after the game, and he was like, you are in the right place!

The Eagles fans were all cool, they ALL slapped five with me, I had the honor of being around cool Filly fans for once.  It was a good game, I could not believe it when Bryant hit that field goal, I stood up hands raised and started howling at the ceiling, and all the guys in the bar were clapping and hooting, patting me like I had kicked the damned thing.  I am the only Buc fan in the place, my buddy died in a car crash two months beofre regular season (and he was a big Buc fan), and at that point I missed him. 

But what a damned game!  My boy must have been behind that kick because I have never seen anything like that!  R.I.P. Beaver!  I KNOW you were there baby!

Hit55Fan

Hall of Famer

#6 : October 22, 2006, 08:30:00 PM

To be honest.. me and my friends were like "Its over" I think even gruden thought so.. and when he nailed the kick I fell out of my chair..

Two last minute wins.. I cant take it anymore!

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#7 : October 22, 2006, 08:31:07 PM

To be honest.. me and my friends were like "Its over" I think even gruden thought so.. and when he nailed the kick I fell out of my chair..

Two last minute wins.. I cant take it anymore!

You should have seen the looks every one had on their faces when I was howling man!

PRICELESS!

YEAH!  I am STILL pumped up!

BTownBucFan

Hall of Famer
#8 : October 22, 2006, 09:48:22 PM

Ronde is like a new super hero ... O'Ronde Barber is "THE EAGLE KILLA" or maybe the "MCNABB NIGHTMARE"

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#9 : October 22, 2006, 09:50:58 PM

Nice Philly fans? That's an oxymoron.

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

#10 : October 22, 2006, 09:58:13 PM

Way to represent Dan! And Gru63, the Eagles have lost the last two games and the way they're playing, not so sure they make the playoffs either in their division.

#11 : October 22, 2006, 10:01:52 PM

If it wouldn't require me having major back surgery afterwards I would have..................done a backflip when that kick went through!!  :D

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#12 : October 22, 2006, 10:13:59 PM

At that moment, without a doubt, it WAS good. And I thought last week was a dramatic victory..

Unbelievable!    That was a great great game!   By the way, your club section held up well today even in that baking heat.   Almost nobody left that stadium early INCLUDING the club section!     That may be the most fun I've ever had at a Bucs game at the end.

DBrooksIsMyDaddy

Pro Bowler

#13 : October 23, 2006, 01:23:07 AM

Nice Philly fans? That's an oxymoron.

I went to one of their fan sites to gloat (screen name '62-yarder!') and the rules for posting included this: 
You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this bulletin board to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violative of any law.

Guess no Philly phans can post!

T

Hall of Famer

#14 : October 23, 2006, 09:52:07 AM

All the Philly fans in my section were alright. Not near as obnoxious as Bears fans.Some friendly smack talking back & forth but nothing too crazy.I had a great time,I'm so happy the Bucs won!! I still can't believe it.

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: It was good for 10-15 minutes after the game was over! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools