Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Trade deadline « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

rpc1978

Hall of Famer

#15 : October 17, 2010, 06:05:22 PM

The NYG are stacked at DE with Osi, Tuck, Kiwi and a 1st rd pick invested in JPP.  I lobbied for a trade for Osi this offseason and if I'm MD i'm on the phone right now trying to make that happen.  If not Osi, even Tuck or Kiwi would be significant upgrades over anything we have.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#16 : October 17, 2010, 06:07:02 PM

I wouldn't mind trading for Michael Bush. who would be a bruising combo with Blount.  Especially if Huggins is done for the year as feared.

GMC 93

Hall of Famer

#17 : October 17, 2010, 06:29:36 PM

rpc1978 wrote:
The NYG are stacked at DE with Osi, Tuck, Kiwi and a 1st rd pick invested in JPP.  I lobbied for a trade for Osi this offseason and if I'm MD i'm on the phone right now trying to make that happen.  If not Osi, even Tuck or Kiwi would be significant upgrades over anything we have.

The most like option therw would be Kiwanuka.
Osi looks like his old self and they won't trade Tuck or JPP.
I'd rather not trade for a DE unless it is like an Osi.
Most likely we'll wait til the draft to get a DE in the draft Quinn, Clayborn, Bailey, Romeus.
But we should efinitely try to trade for a SS, RT, or RB
And just trade Ruud away

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#18 : October 17, 2010, 06:32:41 PM

Kiwi has a bulging disk in his neck; I'm not sure I'd take a chance on that.

GMC 93

Hall of Famer

#19 : October 17, 2010, 06:34:31 PM

True.
Plus you can't trade injured players i'm pretty sure.
I just want us to try and upgrade at least RT and SS/RB

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#20 : October 17, 2010, 06:35:12 PM

Trade Gerald McCoy for a 7th round pick while you can still get something for him. Include Brian Price and Roy Miller for free in the deal. I'm sure some teams need a security guard and a janitor.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#21 : October 17, 2010, 06:43:28 PM

ImAWalkingCorpse wrote:
Trade Gerald McCoy for a 7th round pick while you can still get something for him. Include Brian Price and Roy Miller for free in the deal. I'm sure some teams need a security guard and a janitor.

You've typed a lot of stupid in the past, but this little nugget might win the blue ribbon.

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#22 : October 17, 2010, 06:46:18 PM

ImAWalkingCorpse wrote:

:)

Horse

Pro Bowler
#23 : October 17, 2010, 06:46:48 PM

That's silly.

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#24 : October 17, 2010, 06:51:16 PM

Horse wrote:
That's silly.

I know.. there is no way any team would want Roy Miller as a janitor and as far as the other 2 every GM in the NFL is pleased as punch that they didn't waste high picks on either of the other 2 bozo's.

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#25 : October 17, 2010, 07:50:34 PM

Trade for Haynesworth before its too late. Miller is not a true NT IMHO

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#26 : October 17, 2010, 08:13:51 PM

Detrimental wrote:
Trade for Haynesworth before its too late. Miller is not a true NT IMHO

He was held out today, likely in anticipation of a trade

bucfan26

Pro Bowler
#27 : October 17, 2010, 08:17:35 PM

How much would it cost us to get RB Michael Bush from the Raiders? A 3rd rounder a 4th rounder. If I'm Mark Dominik I explore that before the trade deadline. We have a compensatory 3rd rounder from Cincy in 2011

If we had a good RB we could actually keep our horrible run defense off the field just by having an effective running game. The scrubs on our team at RB don't represent anything consistent or effective.

WelshBuc

Starter

#28 : October 17, 2010, 08:18:17 PM

I'd trade Price and Miller for him.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#29 : October 17, 2010, 08:23:14 PM

As bad as our D-line has been, I realize Price and McCoy are rookies and will get better. It's Miller that has been very dissappointing to me. He has been horrible. As a second year guy you'd think he'd be the most sound DT we have, but instead I he see him getting pushed around on every play.

When I watch other team's run defense, I see RBs hesitate and/or try to go outside because there is a wall in front of them. When I watch the Bucs, the RB doesn't even hesitate. He runs straight up the gut thru gaping holes and many times is never touched by a D-linemen or a LB. It seems like Grimm and Barber make most the tackles on RBs. Honestly I think the problem is just as much our LBs as it is our D-line. I think Black is the only current LB worth a **CENSORED**. Ruud sucks in every way, and Geno has skills, but he's built like a highschool kid and gets over powered, ran thru, and tossed around every game.

My hope is that we can get a few O-linemen in FA next year, because we need to go all defense in the draft. We need to get a couple DEs and a couple LBs early IMO. Like I said earlier, we have to take a risk with Merrimen. We need a guy like that too bad to pass on him....even if he is an idiot.

I'm hoping we shop Ruud before the deadline. We'd be better off in the long run if Black or Watson started as MLB. Ruud won't be here next year so we mise well get our new MLB in now and get him some experience. If we could get anything for Ruud I'd take it.

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Trade deadline « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools