Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Trade deadline « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

GMC 93

Hall of Famer

#30 : October 17, 2010, 09:44:18 PM

bradentonian wrote:
Detrimental wrote:
Trade for Haynesworth before its too late. Miller is not a true NT IMHO

He was held out today, likely in anticipation of a trade

Or cause he still isn't over the fact his brother died.
But maybe trade talks could be apart of it.

Formerly known as Revis Islander

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#31 : October 17, 2010, 10:00:40 PM

JDouble wrote:
As bad as our D-line has been, I realize Price and McCoy are rookies and will get better. It's Miller that has been very dissappointing to me. He has been horrible. As a second year guy you'd think he'd be the most sound DT we have, but instead I he see him getting pushed around on every play.

When I watch other team's run defense, I see RBs hesitate and/or try to go outside because there is a wall in front of them. When I watch the Bucs, the RB doesn't even hesitate. He runs straight up the gut thru gaping holes and many times is never touched by a D-linemen or a LB. It seems like Grimm and Barber make most the tackles on RBs. Honestly I think the problem is just as much our LBs as it is our D-line. I think Black is the only current LB worth a *censored*. Ruud sucks in every way, and Geno has skills, but he's built like a highschool kid and gets over powered, ran thru, and tossed around every game.

My hope is that we can get a few O-linemen in FA next year, because we need to go all defense in the draft. We need to get a couple DEs and a couple LBs early IMO. Like I said earlier, we have to take a risk with Merrimen. We need a guy like that too bad to pass on him....even if he is an idiot.

I'm hoping we shop Ruud before the deadline. We'd be better off in the long run if Black or Watson started as MLB. Ruud won't be here next year so we mise well get our new MLB in now and get him some experience. If we could get anything for Ruud I'd take it.
Good post. Bucs have a bunch of young overrated players. I don't see any development from Hayes or Miller this year. Nor do I see Talib develop into this "great CB".

Nobody has improved from last year, nobody. Who is responsible for that again? Uh-oh

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#32 : October 18, 2010, 12:17:46 AM

Speaking of trades...

Houston lost their starting MLB for the season with an achilles tear.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm..... Ruud to Texans please! for some draft picks

GMC 93

Hall of Famer

#33 : October 18, 2010, 01:38:22 AM

Detrimental wrote:
Speaking of trades...

Houston lost their starting MLB for the season with an achilles tear.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm..... Ruud to Texans please! for some draft picks

Damn Ryans is out?
That sucks for them definitely give thema  ring and get a pick or two out of it Dom, you know how to work trades let's see something that'll make us all happy.

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#34 : October 18, 2010, 01:56:46 AM

You can get any RB in the NFL to run behind this OL and they will suck it up. Our OL is complete garbage. Thanks Gru and Allen for the garbage you left over. Wasted draft picks and money all over the place.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#35 : October 18, 2010, 06:04:29 PM

Maybe AJ Hawk from Greenbay? We need some bigger physical LBs and last I heard Hawk was trade bait in Greenbay. He could be the next guy that resurects his career in Tampa. Merrimen? Antwan Barnes? Anyone with a mean streak that can give our D some swagger?

Draft Aaron Donald

WelshBuc

Starter

#36 : October 18, 2010, 06:28:32 PM

AJ Hawk!  I'm down with that.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#37 : October 18, 2010, 07:49:03 PM

Packers just lost their TE for the year. Maybe we can send them Stevens for a nothing pick. Be nice if we could unload Sabby on a Safety-needy team, but I doubt anyone would bite. It would be nice if we could deal Ruud to the Texans for something, but I doubt they'd do it.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#38 : October 18, 2010, 07:58:52 PM

Mort just mentioned that the Cowboys may be shopping Barber..... personally, i'd be going after Choice. Wanted him coming out of college.

-------------------------------------------------------

SWAGGARRR

Hall of Famer

#39 : October 18, 2010, 08:02:20 PM

bradentonian wrote:
Packers just lost their TE for the year. Maybe we can send them Stevens for a nothing pick. Be nice if we could unload Sabby on a Safety-needy team, but I doubt anyone would bite. It would be nice if we could deal Ruud to the Texans for something, but I doubt they'd do it.
Send them Stevens and Ruud for Hawk...

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#40 : October 18, 2010, 08:09:04 PM

Bucweiser wrote:
bradentonian wrote:
Send them Stevens and Ruud for Hawk...

Done!!

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#41 : October 18, 2010, 09:09:59 PM

We should take a look at Thomas Howard from OAK, too

GMC 93

Hall of Famer

#42 : October 18, 2010, 09:47:47 PM

And trade rumors of any kind to report?

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#43 : October 18, 2010, 10:15:44 PM

I hope the Bucs dump Ruud.  It would make him happy, and we might get something better in return.  He has been playing the weakling far too often for my liking.  Smart?  Sure.  Capable physically?  Not so much, IMO.

Olson needs to start Blount, because Carnell has had his time.  He is not capable anymore.  Two yards a carry is flat out humiliating.  Trading for a running back sounds nifty, but I doubt it happens.

I would love to see the BUcs pick up a monster DT.  Rogers may be older, but he can work the trenches for a few more years until the bleeding stops.  The Bucs need IMMEDIATE help in the middle.  Haynesworth has had most of his contract eaten up, he could be an option that doesn't cost a lot.

Stevens is still a capable tight end.  He had a nice gain that was called back this week.  He has talent, and could be worth something to someone.  Green Bay most likely.

Giving up a third for Mankins would be ideal, IMO.  Joseph sort of sucks this year.  A trade of Vincent and a pick would be sweet, IMO.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#44 : October 18, 2010, 11:35:13 PM

A few months ago I woulda said trading Ruud for AJ Hawk was stupid, but at this point I'd trade Ruud for a dog biscuit. Hawk could have a resurgance here in Tampa. Couldn't be worse than Ruud.

I'm sure some folks will think it's stupid, but I'd really like us to try Geno Hayes at strong safety. He's just too damn small to be a LB, but he is fast and excells in coverage. If he could make the switch to strong safety it would give us options as far as disguising what we are doing too, as he could still drop down and play LB in certain schemes, much like Cody Grimm has been doing.

If we could get a guy like Thomas Howard or even Shawn Merrimen in here, or even let Dekoda Watson try starting...I think moving Hayes to safety could really pay off in the long run.

And before any of you say it's not that easy, Grimm made the switch from LB to safety as is doing well. Hayes is the exact same size as Sean Jones. Same height and weight. So physically he fits the part, and I'd be willing to bet Hayes is faster than any of our current safeties. Just food for thought I suppose.

Draft Aaron Donald

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Trade deadline « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools