Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: On McCoy Being A Bust « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 8

lolTampa

Hall of Famer
: October 21, 2010, 01:03:53 PM

Really he's played what like 5 games in the NFL and he's supposed to be lighting it up already i mean c'mon get real and he doesn't exactly have the best DL beside him either give it a rest already.
It's way too early to be calling McCoy a bust and he's only a rookie!

For those that will bring up Suh he actually has a good DL beside of him.

Warren Sapp's rookie stat through 16 games; 26 tackles 3 sacks 1 Forced Fumble

Gerald McCoy's Stats through 5 games; 8 tackles, 0 sacks, 1 Forced Fumble

burger40

Hall of Famer

#1 : October 21, 2010, 01:11:33 PM

BuddyHobbs321813 wrote:
Really he's played what like 5 games in the NFL and he's supposed to be lighting it up already i mean c'mon get real and he doesn't exactly have the best DL beside him either give it a rest already.

STOP JUST STOP! Your reasonable points and insight don't fit the irrational narrative! It is hurting Java's brain!

"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." Alexis de Tocqueville

lolTampa

Hall of Famer
#2 : October 21, 2010, 01:13:35 PM

burger40 wrote:
BuddyHobbs321813 wrote:

STOP JUST STOP! Your reasonable points and insight don't fit the irrational narrative! It is hurting Java's brain!

Ahh yes you do have a point LOL  :laugh:

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#3 : October 21, 2010, 02:12:01 PM

Rookie year means crap. Santana Dotson put up Suh like #'s and the guy is the most forgotten player in Tampa history.

lolTampa

Hall of Famer
#4 : October 21, 2010, 02:13:35 PM

Detrimental wrote:
Rookie year means crap. Santana Dotson put up Suh like #'s and the guy is the most forgotten player in Tampa history.

I think a good example of rookie year means crap should be called Michael Clayton  ;)

liambowls

Second String

#5 : October 21, 2010, 02:21:41 PM

He said he is already sick of being compared to Warren Sapp.  Didn't someone here have the two in his signature pic with the line, 'the next Warren Sapp?'  Where is that guy?  Was it CoastGuardBuc?

El Diablo

Starter

#6 : October 21, 2010, 03:21:09 PM

We will just have to see about this kid. I don't remember Sapp getting thrown around ever like he did last week. He has a big frame just think he needs to get stronger.

sunrisejeff

Hall of Famer
#7 : October 21, 2010, 03:27:16 PM

Meh I've always been one to give a rookie 3 years before I would label him a bust but that is just me......to each their own I suppose.

WelshBuc

Starter

#8 : October 21, 2010, 03:34:28 PM

liambowls wrote:
He said he is already sick of being compared to Warren Sapp.  Didn't someone here have the two in his signature pic with the line, 'the next Warren Sapp?'  Where is that guy?  Was it CoastGuardBuc?

Yes.  And I know, how stupid.  Everybody knows Suh is the next Warren Sapp.

SepeBucs

Hall of Famer

#9 : October 21, 2010, 03:39:19 PM

I wonder if McCoy would play any better if he actually played the 3 technique in a 4-3 Tampa 2 defense, just like he was supposedly drafted to do. One thing for sure, McCoy is a Bust at Defensive End. He can not play DE in a 3-3-5 defense. Let the kid play his natural position of 3 technique DT. :S

Which response do we get this time? Butthurt? Needs medical treatment? Or the all time favorite, \"Drama Queen\"

DiSalvo

Starter

#10 : October 21, 2010, 03:39:38 PM

It's all a matter of how you look at it.

Some think a player is good until proven a bust  , some think a player is a bust until proven good.

McCoy signed a contract for 40 million garanteed , so he WILL continue to be scrutinized heavily until he produces on the field, like it or not , so GET OVER IT Kool-aid Drinkers !

buccnation

Starter
#11 : October 21, 2010, 03:41:58 PM

Mccoy has shown flashes of being great but hes just not strong enough to dominate right now. Hes young just give him 2 years and I believe he's going to be coming into his own.

Lovin the Lovie

grimmbux

Practice Squad

#12 : October 21, 2010, 05:02:42 PM

bucman8051 wrote:
Mccoy has shown flashes of being great but hes just not strong enough to dominate right now. Hes young just give him 2 years and I believe he's going to be coming into his own.

ha ha ha! I'm on your side about this but could you imagine some of the people on here if it takes two years ( like most normal DT's) to be good. This place would be a **CENSORED** show. But apparently judging after five games is fine as well, as if he won't get better, nor is he trying to get better... :dry:

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#13 : October 21, 2010, 05:03:45 PM

BuddyHobbs321813 wrote:

Logic and reasoning have no place in this forum!! Please adjust for future posts, thanks.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

lolTampa

Hall of Famer
#14 : October 21, 2010, 05:33:31 PM

BucNY wrote:
BuddyHobbs321813 wrote:

Logic and reasoning have no place in this forum!! Please adjust for future posts, thanks.

Not with people like Java and a lot of these guys logic and reasoning don't mean much at all

Page: 1 2 3 ... 8
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: On McCoy Being A Bust « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools