Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: On McCoy Being A Bust « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 8

All The Way Tampa Bay

Hall of Famer
#30 : October 02, 2011, 12:48:24 AM

So, how do the McCoy haters feel a year later?
I agree with you, you should be searching for a writer.

Umm what? lol

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#31 : October 02, 2011, 08:21:46 AM

welshbuc, liambowls, and disalvo...where did all the good ones go?

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#32 : October 02, 2011, 10:52:26 AM

I have this down to four levels an NFL player needs to reach for us to consider them a star:
1. Prove they can play in the NFL at all.
2. Prove it over a season.
3. Prove it over the long run.
4. Durability (simply stay on the field)
McCoy passed level 1, but his injury last year makes you wonder about 2 and 4. 3 is the ultimate.
Free, MW and Blount have proven 1 and 2. So we're hoping to take it to the next level.

In Verner We Trust

MadeInCanada

Second String

#33 : October 02, 2011, 08:12:26 PM

I don't why ppl give this guy such a hard time. Last year the d line was one of the worst in the league and McCoy was the only bright spot on it drawing double teams on every play. He gets double teamed almost every snap and it is an unfair comparision with Suh b/c look at what Suh has on his D line. 3 other great pass rushers. Once TB D line starts developing other pass rushers that will draw more attention, then you will see McCoy flash. Give it a rest haters, the guy is still very young and its hard enough transitioning to the NFL by going against experienced Guards and Centers let alone two at a time in his rookie/sophmore year. Find something else to talk about this is a NON ISSUE. Blame the pass rushers around him.

All The Way Tampa Bay

Hall of Famer
#34 : October 02, 2011, 08:17:42 PM

McCoy isn't Suh so that's why people hate on the guy, well in my opinion that's why. I think McCoy has been nothing short of solid he's still young and learning, but if you watch he is very disruptive and gets double teamed

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#35 : October 02, 2011, 09:11:27 PM

Oh stop being such sissies. Suh is a superstar and this guy played well for about three games, got hurt and hasn't bounced back to that level yet. Yeah, Suh's supporting cast is better, but Clayborn and our other DTs aren't chopped liver.
Suh is a star. McCoy is solid, but NOT a star YET. Underline the yet part. But again, if the Bucs win games, that's gonna be the important part.
But as the No. 3 pick overall, you need more than SOLID.

In Verner We Trust

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#36 : October 02, 2011, 09:14:47 PM

how soon do we expect our 1st rounders to be stars?  do we expect it to be immediate?  1st season?  2nd?  3rd season?

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

bashear

Hall of Famer

#37 : October 02, 2011, 09:27:41 PM

I think Suh is close to maxed out as far as potential. McCoy has room to grow.

Not saying he'll be Suh-quality, but he can narrow the gap.

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#38 : October 02, 2011, 09:32:13 PM

LOL!   Considering there probably has never been any defensive tackle who has played better than Suh, I guess Suh may be maxed out.   Too funny.

McCoy isn't even as good as Price.   He's a bust considering his lofty draft position.   Had he been a 5th round pick, people would be saying "he's ok".   But for a 3rd pick in the draft, he's a bust so far.

bashear

Hall of Famer

#39 : October 02, 2011, 09:36:16 PM

LOL!   Considering there probably has never been any defensive tackle who has played better than Suh, I guess Suh may be maxed out.   Too funny.
So you're laughing at my statement, yet you agree with it?

I certainly wouldn't say that there has never been any defensive tackle who has played better than Suh. That, sir, is laughable.

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#40 : October 02, 2011, 09:44:27 PM

Which defensive tackle in NFL history has been better than Suh?    Suh is already as good as Warren Sapp was and I think Sapp was the best ever.

burger40

Hall of Famer

#41 : October 02, 2011, 09:46:16 PM

I don't why ppl give this guy such a hard time. Last year the d line was one of the worst in the league and McCoy was the only bright spot on it drawing double teams on every play. He gets double teamed almost every snap and it is an unfair comparision with Suh b/c look at what Suh has on his D line. 3 other great pass rushers. Once TB D line starts developing other pass rushers that will draw more attention, then you will see McCoy flash. Give it a rest haters, the guy is still very young and its hard enough transitioning to the NFL by going against experienced Guards and Centers let alone two at a time in his rookie/sophmore year. Find something else to talk about this is a NON ISSUE. Blame the pass rushers around him.
Best post of the thread. I totally agree. Nobody feared the other DL next to McCoy last year and he was always getting the double teams with nobody to make them pay. Now we have Price coming on and Clay. McCoy already has half a dozen pressures but I think he'll have a sack within 2 weeks.

"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." Alexis de Tocqueville

bashear

Hall of Famer

#42 : October 02, 2011, 09:54:19 PM

Which defensive tackle in NFL history has been better than Suh?    Suh is already as good as Warren Sapp was and I think Sapp was the best ever.
I will forgive you comparing Suh to Sapp, as Sapp has already finished his career, and, at this point, Sapp has had a vastly superior career to Suh's. Don't get me wrong, Sapp himself likes Suh, but to compare the two at this point is ridiculous.

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#43 : October 02, 2011, 10:08:45 PM

Yeah, it's ridiculous cos Sapp wasn't this good as a first-year or a second-year player.
But to answer the McCoy question: by the end of the third season, he needs to display star quality and durability. He's only partially shown the first and hasn't shown the second. And I agree that Price is already better, although I'm not surprised given that I thought Price had a higher upside anyway.

In Verner We Trust

bashear

Hall of Famer

#44 : October 02, 2011, 10:24:09 PM

Yeah, it's ridiculous cos Sapp wasn't this good as a first-year or a second-year player.
But to answer the McCoy question: by the end of the third season, he needs to display star quality and durability. He's only partially shown the first and hasn't shown the second. And I agree that Price is already better, although I'm not surprised given that I thought Price had a higher upside anyway.
Would it have been equally ridiculous to annoint Michael Clayton a sure-fire HOFer after his first season? Or Caddy after his first few games?

Your logic is: Suh had a better first-season than Sapp did his first year (a little early to judge Suh by his second-season). Ergo, Suh is better than Sapp. Sorry, your logic is faulty.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 8
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: On McCoy Being A Bust « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools