Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Honest Gator writer feels the wrath of UF fans! « previous next »
Page: 1 2

Runole

Hall of Famer
: October 21, 2010, 02:39:09 PM

Looks like we both have the same issues with the Rainey reinstatement.

Looks like the Cervone/ Johnson handiwork along with "ITS GREAT TO BE CHRIS RAINEY" being giving a green light just in time for the Georgia game!

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/story/14166347/hate-mail-come-and-get-me-gator-fans

Wonder if Doyel wll get fired or have a contract put out on him by Bull Gators?

This is such a rarity .... an actual criticism of UF allowed from the media!

Some of the nasty emails from gator fans are just so typical and predictable. :laugh:

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#1 : October 21, 2010, 03:17:56 PM

Runole wrote:
Some of the nasty emails from gator fans are just so typical and predictable. :laugh:

Just like your penis envy is typical and predictable.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#2 : October 21, 2010, 08:23:59 PM

Re:Delusional Nole Fans spend so much time searching for muck on the Gators, He misses entire Noles season.

Seriously, when was the last time you posted anything, positive or negative, about your own supposed favorite team???

Seems like a real fan would be talking about how FSU's D has really improved, or how the running game has come alive, or how FSU is higher ranked than UF, or what a good job the DC is doing so far, but you probably don't even realize those things, been too busy raking the muck to notice your own team's success.

Now that's sad and pathetic.

Col. Klink

Pro Bowler

#3 : October 24, 2010, 10:01:20 PM

Back on topic ... Did something change legally to change Urban's mind?

dark uncle

Hall of Famer

#4 : October 25, 2010, 09:55:26 AM

This FSU alum is very happy to talk about our team's improvements.  I tend to NOT brag about poll positions because they can change regularly and there simply is NOT a good recipe for crow.  :-)

I am very happy to see that FSU is playing competitive football on both sides of the ball.  I guess I am far enough away from my home state to be more objective and root for all the Florida schools (after FSU of course) and hope that they can all be competitive year in and year out.

I think putting Rainey back on the team is motivated by the need to win, and many UF fans would be lambasting Bowden if the roles were reversed (and Bowden was still the coach).  I also recognize that there are many UF alum who are concerned about the direction the program seems to be headed with discipline and all I can say is that Miami and FSU had the same problems when you recruit too many 5-stars who have been treated like kings and expect to get away with almost anything.

I am NOT equating 5-star players with trouble, but I think the teams that PLAY like teams and stay out of trouble have figured out how to balance the talent with the chemistry and maturity.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#5 : October 26, 2010, 07:28:23 PM

Col. Klink wrote:

Yes, the girl (Rainey's ex GF) accusing Rainey of threatening texts/assault dropped all charges and completely reversed her story. now she's saying it was a big misunderstanding.

The problem with these domestic squabbles is it is so hard to know the truth and you can count on both parties lying the arses off. It is crazy teenage drama crap.

Runole

Hall of Famer
#6 : November 01, 2010, 10:22:37 AM

John Galt? wrote:
Col. Klink wrote:

Yes, the girl (Rainey's ex GF) accusing Rainey of threatening texts/assault dropped all charges and completely reversed her story. now she's saying it was a big misunderstanding.

The problem with these domestic squabbles is it is so hard to know the truth and you can count on both parties lying the arses off. It is crazy teenage drama crap.

This is a disturbing trend that has gone on for years.  Serious charges are made and then magically they are all dropped.  I suggest it is Bull gator booster involvement for such abrupt reversals.

Again JMO opinion but Rainey's messages to the girl stating things like "TIME TO DIE" are not things to be handled so dismissively. Also the rather convenient return of Rainey in time for the "BIG" game against Georgia certainly deserves plenty of criticism or as Gator Homer Bianchi states  "Meyer's core values must have been amended. "Time to Win" obviously became a higher priority than "Time to Die."

Raineys statement was reinterpreted by Corch Urbie.. It was "TIME TO WIN" as UF narrowly edged Georgia in overtime with of course Rainey's help.

Has to make every gator fan without a shred of ethics and decency extremely proud!

Just Win Baby!  

FSU certainly could of used Jamar Fortson against NC ST.  Of course FSU booted him from for a far lesser offense.  Of course that is JMO as I believe Pot smoking is far less egregious than Death Threats.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#7 : November 01, 2010, 11:40:59 AM

a 5 game suspension is a bit more than a slap on the wrist.  

a few things need to be looked at, and im sure they were.  is anyone pressing charges?  was this a case of an actual death threat or an out of line text?  ill be the first to admit, ive told my brother im gonna kill him before as well.  and no, i have never followed through.

this is potentially a very serious situation, key word being potentially.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Runole

Hall of Famer
#8 : November 01, 2010, 03:51:10 PM

GameTime wrote:
a 5 game suspension is a bit more than a slap on the wrist.  

a few things need to be looked at, and im sure they were.  is anyone pressing charges?  was this a case of an actual death threat or an out of line text?  ill be the first to admit, ive told my brother im gonna kill him before as well.  and no, i have never followed through.

this is potentially a very serious situation, key word being potentially.

I understand your rationalization but sorry that has been the same broken record at UF for as long as I can remember.

1. UF player gets arrested and charged with serious criminal behavior.

2. Pro Bono "HOG" Huntley Johnson to the rescue of the UF player to minimize and reduce any charges.

3. Suddenly the victim of the crime withdraws all charges.

4. Cervone dismisses everything with a slap on the wrist.

5. Corch urbie holds the player out but after 3 losses allows Rainey back in time to contribute for the Georgia game.

He did the same thing with Marcus Thomas activating him for tough games and keeping out of sure wins.

However, last season since there was a tough game Tony Joiner was arrested and charged on early Tuesday morning all charges dismissed by Friday just in time for the tough game on Saturday.

All I can say is if such a thing ever happened at FSU there would be calls for the removal of the head coach for permitting such stuff.  Shoot several in the media demanded that Bowden and the AD step down after AD McPherson was arrested even though he was dismissed from the team!

Double standards just don't work for me.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#9 : November 01, 2010, 04:17:07 PM

there would be no legitimate calls for head coach dismissal at FSU if he suspended a player 5 games over an out of line text message imo.  this stuff happens everywhere, but over the past few years it has been occurring at a higher rate in gainesville.  the point is simply, minor offenses are usually dropped by the law for first time offenders.

but keep fighting this fight.  you might even actually get to talk about what happens on the field this year.

on another note, i believe a player from UF was dismissed this week from the team...but will you acknowledge that?  or how about acknowledging that Meyer let go of a Heisman candidate at a needed position?

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#10 : November 01, 2010, 04:56:18 PM

Runole wrote:

2. Pro Bono "HOG" Huntley Johnson to the rescue of the UF player to minimize and reduce any charges.

Go back to work on your timeline, senile one, because this one isn't correct.

Col. Klink

Pro Bowler

#11 : November 01, 2010, 05:02:37 PM

John Galt? wrote:
Col. Klink wrote:

Not really too much you can say then if there's nobody else coming forward about this ..... Doesn't matter now what really happened or if she happens to be driving a brand new car from a Gainesville dealership, he's cleared legally and the games missed already should be punishment enough for the "misunderstanding".

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#12 : November 01, 2010, 07:15:00 PM

Col. Klink wrote:
John Galt? wrote:
Col. Klink wrote:

Not really too much you can say then if there's nobody else coming forward about this ..... Doesn't matter now what really happened or if she happens to be driving a brand new car from a Gainesville dealership, he's cleared legally and the games missed already should be punishment enough for the "misunderstanding".

I don't know! There is no evidence that she is "driving a new car", so is it booster interference or is it a wacko ex-GF thing.

When the words "ex-girl friend" are part of the conversation, serious doubt always arises.

Runole

Hall of Famer
#13 : November 01, 2010, 09:35:26 PM

Biggs3535 wrote:
Runole wrote:

Go back to work on your timeline, senile one, because this one isn't correct.

So gator boosters got to the girl before Huntley offered his Pro Bono services. Doesn't change anything.  

So who is paying for all this "alleged" Pro Bono work? How many cases in the last 4-5 years has he taken..

Even though he is a gator homer Bianchi seems to have the same issues I do with the apparent incredible lenience displayed over and over on football players in trouble.

UF talks a good game when it comes to discipline but in reality it is always JUST PLAY BALL! :cheer:

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#14 : November 01, 2010, 09:58:07 PM

Runole wrote:
So gator boosters got to the girl before Huntley offered his Pro Bono services. Doesn't change anything.  

Try again, little fella.

Ah hell, I'll help you out:

Rainey's Girlfried said:

"I did not want to have him arrested last night.  They asked me if I wanted him arrested, and I said no. And they were going to drop everything, and then they came back and said there was some new law that came out and they have to arrest him. And I said I will sign anything that I have to, I do not want him arrested. I've known him for a long time, he's never been in trouble, he doesn't drink, he doesn't do drugs. I don't feel safety issues from Chris.

Senile old man made a boo-boo.

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Honest Gator writer feels the wrath of UF fans! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools