Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: ~~~~~The Official 2007 Regular Season Tampa Bay Rays Discussion Thread~~~~ « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 161 162 163 164 165

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#2430 : September 13, 2007, 12:59:54 PM

Can't walk the leadoff batter in the 9th with a one run lead and you can't throw that pitch to Ortiz with the game on the line.  Horrible.  And what was Delmon doing.  Get him a seeing eye dog out there or something.

#2431 : September 13, 2007, 04:13:03 PM

Ok Ronde Bear, I'll be waiting for you to come prove me wrong. And if I'm the kind of fan you hate, you must hate a lot, because I'm far from being the only one to laugh at you're continual foolish optimism.
BTW I didn't know liking pirates suddenly means that they turn me on. What a creative comment.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#2432 : September 13, 2007, 05:21:47 PM

You don't know crap about what the Devil Rays have had or have now.  Move along.

#2433 : September 13, 2007, 10:34:05 PM

You're right, all i know is that they haven't had a winning season ever.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#2434 : September 13, 2007, 11:08:27 PM

Two Words for ya.... Bill Buckner.

Bayfisher

Hall of Famer

#2435 : September 13, 2007, 11:11:10 PM

Bayfisher is only here to screw with people also. He says he's a Rays fan and maybe he is or maybe he's not, but he's only here to talk crap.  So he basically falls into the same category as far as I'm concerned.
I have been a fan from the beginning.  That may be the problem. I have heard it all.  I have watched the Lightning grow into a powerhouse. The Bucs rise from nothing.

I just have a major problem with the lack of a concerted effort to be a successful major league team.  I don't understand how a team could have so many high picks year after year and still have the bullpen they have this year and last.  We have never had a strong pitching staff. The offense has come around but is far too inconsistent.  One game they score 12 runs and the next they get 3 hits. That is a major problem from lack of a motivational manager. Lou did not have the talent then but if he was here this year they would have been over .500. This I am certain of.  Maddon had a meandering lineup that ruined the first half of the season. I hope he has learned from his mistakes.  It is not totally his fault. I understand that but accountability does start with him.  More so in baseball than other sports.

I have not watched since June 5.  That was the most atrocious game I have ever seen by a major league team.  Maybe I am wrong for having the dissension I do but I expected .500 ball at the minimum this year.  I just have to see it to believe it anymore.  I was being a smart a$$ but I did not say anything that was not true.  I was just having fun with the fantasy island picture but it is a tough crowd if that is not funny.  We are discussing a game.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#2436 : September 13, 2007, 11:22:17 PM

You came here to talk trash to fans of the team not discuss the team.  Pinellas should have shut his mouth and coached the team and maybe he'd still be here.  Apparently he's to good to coach a young team and develop them.  Now he's in Chicago where they spent big bucks this offseason and the Cubs can't even put away the young small market Brewers. the inconsistency is part of being young, buit you're not going to score 12 runs a game anyway.  It takes time to build and this ownership has only been in charge for a couple of years.  They're loaded with young talent now.  It took the Bucs 20 years to start to get it. 

Bayfisher

Hall of Famer

#2437 : September 13, 2007, 11:30:28 PM

Point out where I was talking trash. I pulled out facts. You just didn't like them.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#2438 : September 13, 2007, 11:40:46 PM

Kazmir pitching a gem , beating Boston 1-0 12-8 RECORD THE SAME AS Shields......

We are now 1 game from 4th place and not the worst team in baseball.. 13-4 IN THE LAST 17 GAMES...

If we keep this pace we could end up with a 73-89 record..

Maddon deserves the contract extension ..imo..
The real gem is this comment. Applauding poor play.

Well here is one.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#2439 : September 13, 2007, 11:41:15 PM

Yeah it sucks watching this demoralized team play every night the past couple of weeks. ::)
Not many would know so we will take your word for it.

Another

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#2440 : September 13, 2007, 11:41:41 PM

One thing I do have a problem with is fans who bash Maddon for pulling his pitchers too early. You do realize that Lou Piniella is notorious for not letting his pitchers throw more than 6 innings for atleast the first half of the season right? It seems like we have all forgot that, and I dont remember people getting this upset when Lou used to do it. I guess because Lou had better credentials
One should always coddle mediocrity.

And one more

Bayfisher

Hall of Famer

#2441 : September 13, 2007, 11:41:59 PM

Kazmir pitching a gem , beating Boston 1-0 12-8 RECORD THE SAME AS Shields......

We are now 1 game from 4th place and not the worst team in baseball.. 13-4 IN THE LAST 17 GAMES...

If we keep this pace we could end up with a 73-89 record..

Maddon deserves the contract extension ..imo..
The real gem is this comment. Applauding poor play.

Well here is one.
Is he not applauding poor play? Every item you brought up are facts.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#2442 : September 13, 2007, 11:44:07 PM

I sure notice hwo all the roaches have come out of the woodwork to talk Rays all of sudden. 8 out of ten. 5 out of 7 on the road. 2 out of 3 in the bronx while the Yankees are fighting for a playoff spot. I guess that'll make some peopel want to talk Rays baseball all of a sudden.
I just think it is funny people still like them. I suppose I will stop giving facts and go back to fantasy land.

Trash talk

Bayfisher

Hall of Famer

#2443 : September 13, 2007, 11:45:12 PM

I sure notice hwo all the roaches have come out of the woodwork to talk Rays all of sudden. 8 out of ten. 5 out of 7 on the road. 2 out of 3 in the bronx while the Yankees are fighting for a playoff spot. I guess that'll make some peopel want to talk Rays baseball all of a sudden.
I just think it is funny people still like them. I suppose I will stop giving facts and go back to fantasy land.

Trash talk
Maybe people take offense to being called roaches.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#2444 : September 13, 2007, 11:47:07 PM

The fact is that you came here to start crap with people talking about the team.  And the funny thing is you did it right when they started putting together a nice run.  Fans didn't need you to point out the 10 eyar record.  We know it.  Fans don't need to listen to you whine about being bitter.  I'm talking about the team as it is now and where it looks like it is headed to me.  The fact that you just want to whine and complain is your own problem.
Page: 1 ... 161 162 163 164 165
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: ~~~~~The Official 2007 Regular Season Tampa Bay Rays Discussion Thread~~~~ « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools