Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: ~~~~~The Official 2007 Regular Season Tampa Bay Rays Discussion Thread~~~~ « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 165

#15 : March 19, 2007, 05:40:21 PM

*SIGH*  :-

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#16 : March 19, 2007, 05:45:00 PM

And Iwamura started off terrible, but has really picked it up lately.  He had a double Friday, and triple Saturday, and an opposite field lazer for a single yesterday. (I got to see that one in person)  I had no idea how fast he was.  He can fly. And his defense is stellar.  I am really starting to get excited about him.

Very, very underrated.  Keep an eye on him.

joedav01

Hall of Famer

#17 : March 20, 2007, 03:55:51 PM

Joe Maddon tweaked the line up today and played mostly starters and the Rays won 7-0 over the Indians. The pitchers combined to throw a 1 hit shut out.

Can the panic stop now?

#18 : March 20, 2007, 03:56:43 PM

Nope, people think Maddon is an idiot.

ToddyBuc

Hall of Famer

#19 : March 20, 2007, 04:43:24 PM

Joe Maddon tweaked the line up today and played mostly starters and the Rays won 7-0 over the Indians. The pitchers combined to throw a 1 hit shut out.

Can the panic stop now?

I hope so, I like to see that every single player that we think can change this team had hits today..
Zobrist great spring so far.. 2 hits again..
D Young 2 hits
Iwiamura  2 hits
Cantu hit
Crawford hit
Badelli    3 hits
Wigginton hit
Norton hit

So some of the panic is gone..

Bucs-Lightning already World Champions. Rays Next!!!

#20 : March 20, 2007, 04:52:09 PM

Zobrist is a sleeper, he's always had high OBPs, whatever he's done this off-season in the AFL / ST has just made a world of difference, perhaps he just needed the month break?

#21 : March 20, 2007, 05:00:43 PM

Im on the fence about Maddon. But dont worry RJ/JD I have yet to bash Maddon or suggest he is a bad caoch. I have questioned his approach to coaching and how it will pay off in the long run. Like him being so passive and happy go lucky when the team started like 1-12 in ST. Yes RJ, I know it is only ST. But that doesnt mean you cant send the boys a message. I heard Lou Piniella and Jim Leyland have already layed into their team pretty heavy.

I do like Maddon though. Guy has a great knowledge of baseball and is a a good guy, but just not solkd that he is a MLB manager or atleast the right one for this team

Thats great to hear about Jae Seo. So I guess the rotation will look like this....Kazmir, Seo, Shields, Fossum, ?

I saw Corcoran and Ryu pitch in one game against the Yankees and was not impressed at all. They both looked very average. Especially Corcoran

Why is Josh Paul still on the team? Dont bother trying to explain, because there is no reaosn he is still on the team taking up a 25 man roster spot. He should be a bench coach. I think maybe if I work on my practical jokes and humor a little bit I could replace Paul as the backup catcher

#22 : March 20, 2007, 05:08:50 PM

Jackson will likely be the 5th starter. Paul is a vet catcher (most teams at least have one in camp) who knows the staff and is there in case of injuries (Navarro)

#23 : March 20, 2007, 05:14:04 PM

I hope JACKSON IS the 5th starter, that would be fun to watch

#24 : March 20, 2007, 05:15:56 PM

He likely will be GC, he had a rough day location wise last time out but still found a way to dig through.

#25 : March 20, 2007, 08:42:46 PM

7-0, 1 hit shutout today for the good guys.

ToddyBuc

Hall of Famer

#26 : March 23, 2007, 08:28:13 PM

Looks like Howell is pitching pretty well tonight.
5 innings 4 hits and 1 run given up.

Man Crawford and Badelli are not even playing and we are winning for the 4th straight game.. I agree with Ether with the tons of talent the Rays are going to be much improved..

Ether I have Fossum-Howell-Kazmir- and Shields as starters, who will be the 5th starter..

Elijah Dukes looks impressive so far..

Bucs-Lightning already World Champions. Rays Next!!!

#27 : March 20, 2007, 11:17:42 PM

o heard Rocco injured his hamstring

#28 : March 20, 2007, 11:18:14 PM

Probably nothing major, it was after he went 3-3 and stole a base, at least I hope it's nothing major.

joedav01

Hall of Famer

#29 : March 20, 2007, 11:50:00 PM

I really hope its nothing major too.  Especially for my fantasy team.

But, if he did have to miss time that would mean we could see Elijah Dukes in CF. Who is my favorite player in the whole organization.  First sign of the much upgraded depth this team has over last year's team.  Last year we would have had to insert Damon Hollins into CF.  Now we have Upton or Dukes on the bench to fill that role.

Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 165
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: ~~~~~The Official 2007 Regular Season Tampa Bay Rays Discussion Thread~~~~ « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools