Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Eagles beat writer Dave Spadaro: Sore loser « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

#15 : October 22, 2006, 09:32:49 PM

Well I would expect nothing less from anyone associated with that team and city. Looks like this little "nothing" team found a way to win today. I'd consider that something and as we all know, something is better than nothing!  ;D

Timbuc2

Pro Bowler

#16 : October 22, 2006, 09:35:02 PM

Who care about that beat writer or any of their fans, I don't!! They called the Giants and the Saints  nothing teams too, but that's their 3 losses. They can say whatever they want about my Bucs because you can't stop them anyway. All you can do is BEAT THEIR AZZ like it was done today!!!

gone

Hall of Famer
#17 : October 22, 2006, 09:42:52 PM

Lets put it this way, up until this point we have been a nothing team. Now, I hope we are going to improve. The D in the last few weeks seem to be improving (but again whiffed way too many passes today), and O seem to be pulling it a bit together since Bruce Almighty took the healm. But, we are far from being a GOOD team yet, so this "beat writer" isnt so far off the mark. Other than the result anybody want to contradict anything that he wrote?

Nothing beats a W, nothing beats what we have done in the last few weeks, but if you just want to be Homeys this isnt the place for you as this is for the most part a place for intelligent conversation. We dodged a bullet today and it tasted sweet, very sweet, but please don't think we did not have a bit of luck on our side today and we have a hell of a ways to go yet. Being a homer only brings pain.  I would suggest we just bask in what we have and not jump to any conclusions. We have a long way to go against some very tough teams. Go Bucs.
I'd take exception to that.  It isn't like we got blown away this year.   1 awful game, 1 gama we got owned but played tight, and 2 close final minute losses.  It's not for nothing we were voted the best 1-4 team last week!!!!!

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#18 : October 22, 2006, 09:52:23 PM

Exception noted, but the Eagles, whom I hate, spent the day making critical errors.  The bucs D, and Ronde in particular stepped up to take advantage, but Grad and Co. did not come close to getting it done.  This one was a gift to the bucs. 

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Orangegone1

Starter

#19 : October 22, 2006, 09:57:35 PM

Exception noted, but the Eagles, whom I hate, spent the day making critical errors. The bucs D, and Ronde in particular stepped up to take advantage, but Grad and Co. did not come close to getting it done. This one was a gift to the bucs.
When you outgain your opponant 506 yards to 196 you usually win. I hate Philly and their fans but the best team did not win.

Timbuc2

Pro Bowler

#20 : October 22, 2006, 09:59:16 PM

Exception noted, but the Eagles, whom I hate, spent the day making critical errors. The bucs D, and Ronde in particular stepped up to take advantage, but Grad and Co. did not come close to getting it done. This one was a gift to the bucs.

We gave Carolina a gift on 4th and 9...We gave the Saints a gift on the punt return. It's about time that we got some gifts!!!! Who's side are you on anyway?

captain jack

Pro Bowler
#21 : October 22, 2006, 10:01:32 PM

Dave Spudhead is the biggest geek of a sportswriter this game has ever seen. He draws his paycheck from the Eagles and he is basically a 'nothing' writer. He must have pictures of someone in the Eagles organization, because no legitimate newspaper would ever give him a job. He only sees things through Eagle feathered glasses.  This is the same joke of a writer that said right before the NFC Championship game that the Eagles, position by position, are far better that the Bucs and that game is a warm up for the Superbowl.

The beatings will continue until morale improves!!

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#22 : October 22, 2006, 10:01:41 PM

The stat that counts--turnovers--Iggles 4--Bucs 0! ;D

Timbuc2

Pro Bowler

#23 : October 22, 2006, 10:03:11 PM

When you outgain your opponant 506 yards to 196 you usually win. I hate Philly and their fans but the best team did not win.

Do you want to play the game over? What is your point?...football is not a perfect science. You take what you can get every week and 31 other teams would have taken this win against the Eagles and not complain about it. Get a life!!!

bucs8ball

Starter

#24 : October 22, 2006, 11:36:50 PM

All I can say is SCOREBOARD! The Bucs may not be the better team "on paper" but that's why they play the games. At the end of the day, we chalk one up in the W column, they chalk one up the L column.

gone

Hall of Famer
#25 : October 23, 2006, 12:20:59 AM

Dave Spudhead is the biggest geek of a sportswriter this game has ever seen. He draws his paycheck from the Eagles and he is basically a 'nothing' writer. He must have pictures of someone in the Eagles organization, because no legitimate newspaper would ever give him a job. He only sees things through Eagle feathered glasses.  This is the same joke of a writer that said right before the NFC Championship game that the Eagles, position by position, are far better that the Bucs and that game is a warm up for the Superbowl.
Yep, paid by eagles.   He's even getting ripped on their official board for bing a moron...

spartan

Hall of Famer
#26 : October 23, 2006, 09:07:14 AM

27-10
17-0
23-21

those are the numbers that matter...

Which was my point, remember it took our starters all the way to end of the 2nd quarter of the 3rd game of the season, and this includes the 4 pre-season games, to score a touchdown. and our D has been giving yards by the bucket. Results and stats show that up until now we have not been a very good team. Being the 'best 1-4' team is hardly an accolade to be proud of.

I think we have done better in the last few weeks, but there are still major causes for concern, giving up 500 yrds on defense is not exactly what I would consider priming for a superbowl run. I think we played pretty well until the latter half of the 3rd quarter today but then let it slide and we were fortunate to win. It demonstrates that we have not turned it around yet and there is still a great deal of room for improvement. Not trying to diss the Bucs or anything just trying to be realistic.

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
#27 : October 23, 2006, 09:38:53 AM

Spartan,

I agree the kool-aide tastes great-but for 2 spectacular plays we would be 0-6!

Good post.

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981

Rusty

Hall of Famer
#28 : October 23, 2006, 09:41:02 AM

Unc,

Converesly, there could be two more 'lucky' wins.

\'Every day above ground is a good day\'

#29 : October 23, 2006, 09:57:42 AM

Spartan,

I agree the kool-aide tastes great-but for 2 spectacular plays we would be 0-6!

Good post.

Well, if we were to reverse the outcomes of four plays...we would be...2-4.  The Carolina game and the Saints game "should have" been wins.  These last two "should have" been losses.  It's the way it works.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Eagles beat writer Dave Spadaro: Sore loser « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools