Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Who Stays Undefeated?? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#15 : October 30, 2010, 09:32:36 PM

What is up with oregon's WRs?? Aside from the bomb Mayo caught, they are dropping everything.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#16 : October 30, 2010, 09:47:59 PM

oregonbucfan wrote:
Biggs3535 wrote:
oregonbucfan wrote:
I also think they have the best CB in the country in Cliff Harris

I haven't watched him extensively, but I have hard time believing he's better than Patrick Peterson, Prince Amukamara, or Janoris Jenkins.  I'll have to watch more closely next game.

Watch him, he has 4 ints on the year and 4 td's, and last game was the "first game" he started. Makes plays when he's on the field on defense or st.

Make that 5 INTs. But it was a near Hail Mary from the not so strong-armed Barkley

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#17 : October 30, 2010, 10:00:30 PM

John Galt? wrote:
oregonbucfan wrote:
Biggs3535 wrote:
oregonbucfan wrote:
I also think they have the best CB in the country in Cliff Harris

I haven't watched him extensively, but I have hard time believing he's better than Patrick Peterson, Prince Amukamara, or Janoris Jenkins.  I'll have to watch more closely next game.

Watch him, he has 4 ints on the year and 4 td's, and last game was the "first game" he started. Makes plays when he's on the field on defense or st.

Make that 5 INTs. But it was a near Hail Mary from the not so strong-armed Barkley

He baited him. Barkley has only thrown against him 3 times. Also has a 40 yard PR. Playmaker

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#18 : October 30, 2010, 10:43:42 PM

John Galt? wrote:
AJ Green finished 4-42 and a TD (which was a perfect pass threaded between 2 defenders). JaJenkins also held Julio jones to 4 catches for 19 yards, but part of that was Bama getting an early lead and going all run.

not sure which is better, Jenkins or Robertson, but they are 1 and 1a.

Yeah, but the 1st ball Green caught was on Jeremy Brown (and handed him a wicked stiff arm), the 2nd was on Cody Riggs (after Brown was benched) and the 4th reception was the TD, where Green lined up in the slot and was covered by Jon Bostic and safeties.  Green only caught one ball with Jenkins covering him.  Jenkins had 1 interception, 2 passes defense, and did give up the one completion while covering Green.

And who is the Robertson player you are referring to?

John Galt? wrote:
In a related note, there was a discussion on the insider board about Ahmad Black being too small. Didn't look very small today as he had a couple stone wall tackles that looked brutally painful. And Will Hill had a career game today. Those 2 might be the 2 best safeties in the country.

I love Black as a player.  Dude is extremely smart and tough as hell.

Agreed that this was Will Hill's best game as a Gator.  I was beginning to think I might be overrating him a bit because he hasn't looked good recently, but it looked like a light came on for him today.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#19 : October 30, 2010, 11:02:32 PM

Biggs3535 wrote:
John Galt? wrote:

And who is the Robertson player you are referring to?

Robertson...Peterson...what's the difference.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#20 : October 30, 2010, 11:11:03 PM

oregonbucfan wrote:
He baited him. Barkley has only thrown against him 3 times. Also has a 40 yard PR. Playmaker

He looks good.  I don't know if I would say he's better than the other 3 guys I mentioned at CB, but he is an explosive returner.  Don't get me wrong, I'm not bashing the guy.  He could very well be a top 5 CB in the country, but I don't think he's above Peterson, Jenkins, or Prince.

Here is how I would list them:

As Cornerbacks

1.  Patrick Peterson
2.  Janoris Jenkins
3.  Prince Amukamara
4.  Cliff Harris

As Returners

1.  Cliff Harris
2.  Patrick Peterson
3.  Janoris Jenkins
4.  I don't think Prince returns punts/kicks.

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#21 : October 31, 2010, 01:23:27 PM

Yeah I cant argue against any of those guys. I just love the kids confidence and swagger. Easily coming one of my favorite all time ducks.  

Biggs3535 wrote:
oregonbucfan wrote:

He looks good.  I don't know if I would say he's better than the other 3 guys I mentioned at CB, but he is an explosive returner.  Don't get me wrong, I'm not bashing the guy.  He could very well be a top 5 CB in the country, but I don't think he's above Peterson, Jenkins, or Prince.

Here is how I would list them:

As Cornerbacks

1.  Patrick Peterson
2.  Janoris Jenkins
3.  Prince Amukamara
4.  Cliff Harris

As Returners

1.  Cliff Harris
2.  Patrick Peterson
3.  Janoris Jenkins
4.  I don't think Prince returns punts/kicks.

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#22 : November 07, 2010, 05:24:04 PM

I believe Auburn gets beat either by Alabama or in the SEC championship, which leaves 3 undefeated teams: Oregon, TCU, and Boise State.  a 1-loss team like Michigan State or LSU will get chosen over TCU or Boise, which is absolutely INCREDIBLE, but that's how it goes in the greatest joke of all-time, the good old BCS.  Boise State is still a better team than TCU IMO, but I could care less; I just want 1 of them to get a shot....it won't happen.

a Oregon vs Boise State match-up would be nice, only to see if Oregon could get revenge for the loss last year to them.

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#23 : November 07, 2010, 07:24:16 PM

BucsGuru wrote:
I believe Auburn gets beat either by Alabama or in the SEC championship, which leaves 3 undefeated teams: Oregon, TCU, and Boise State.  a 1-loss team like Michigan State or LSU will get chosen over TCU or Boise, which is absolutely INCREDIBLE, but that's how it goes in the greatest joke of all-time, the good old BCS.  Boise State is still a better team than TCU IMO, but I could care less; I just want 1 of them to get a shot....it won't happen.

a Oregon vs Boise State match-up would be nice, only to see if Oregon could get revenge for the loss last year to them.

Michigan State wouldnt even go if they were undefeated. I think TCU goes over LSU as well. I think it will happen...

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#24 : November 07, 2010, 08:06:01 PM

LSU can be taken out of the equation, since Auburn would need to lose to both UGA and Alabama for LSU to go Atlanta.  I don't think that's gonna happen.

I do agree about TCU possibly getting the nod over Boise if some crazy scenario happens, simply because of SOS.  BTW, both Boise and TCU still have higher SOS's than Ohio State.

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#25 : November 13, 2010, 11:24:34 PM

What a day for Boise State!

Oregon wins it's last tough game of the season, which I predicted; they are in the National Championship game.

Auburn struggles again and gives enough information to Nick Saban to knock them off in 2 weeks at Alabama.  Cam Newton is riding high but Bama is going to shut him down and deny them of a chance to play for the National Championship.  Don't be surprised if Cam Newton doesn't even get a chance to play in this game after being caught AGAIN cheating.  I could care less if he plays after getting paid to do so, but if you can't cut the grades, move on to the professionals...just my opinon though.  For what it's worth, the Game**CENSORED**s could upset them in the SEC championship game.

TCU lays an egg against San Diego State, and then the ONLY reason they moved ahead of Boise was due to the huge? win over Utah, who then decides to lose to none other than Notre Dame!?  Looks like the Irish will now be ranked #12 for actually winning a game???  This KILLS TCU's bid for a chance to play in the big game since their last game is against the 1-9 New Mexico Lobo's??!!

This leads to Boise State becoming #2 in the nation after it defeats 2 very good teams in Fresno State & Nevada, while Virginia Tech goes on to win the ACC Championship!!  

THE BOISE STATE BRONCOS WILL PLAY THE OREGON DUCKS IN THE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP GAME!!

Cam Newton can throw illegal stiff arms to players on Sundays after he gets caught cheating for getting paid to play.  He can also blow kisses to defenses that will make him look just as average as Vince Young.....

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#26 : November 14, 2010, 12:03:35 PM

Before the season started, I said (quite erroneously) that Auburn's biggest weakness was QB. They have a very tough D, a solid run game and some decent WRs. Enter Cam Newton-superstar.

IF Scam Newton is ruled out, then Bama could take them. But it is highly unlikely that the NCAA will make any ruling on this for quite a while. How long did that Reggie Bush deal drag out? Years. The FACT is the NCAA is SLOOOOOOOOOW. So I expect Scam will play vs Bama, get his Bronze Trophy, then some time after April and the Draft (if there is one) he will be ruled ineligible-FAR TOO LATE.

The sad part of this whole fiasco is it sounds like Newton really had no knowledge of all these monkey shines, and that is was all his father doing the scamming w/o his knowledge. But to me he is still that laptop stealing thief and Karma is a female dog. So I have no sympathy.

My prediction is Auburn over Oregon in a Tainted NC game. Boise State are "nice guys" and we know where nice guys finish.

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#27 : November 14, 2010, 12:17:47 PM

Fresneck and Nevada arent 2 very good teams.  Oregon hasnt played their last "tough" game, look at the last few meetings vs Arizona, and then the civil war is in Corvallis. Both wont be easy.

BTW Boise computer rankings will be taking a hit... OSU losing to Wazzu. OSU will not even be bowl eligible that team is falling apart.

BucsGuru wrote:
What a day for Boise State!

Oregon wins it's last tough game of the season, which I predicted; they are in the National Championship game.

Auburn struggles again and gives enough information to Nick Saban to knock them off in 2 weeks at Alabama.  Cam Newton is riding high but Bama is going to shut him down and deny them of a chance to play for the National Championship.  Don't be surprised if Cam Newton doesn't even get a chance to play in this game after being caught AGAIN cheating.  I could care less if he plays after getting paid to do so, but if you can't cut the grades, move on to the professionals...just my opinon though.  For what it's worth, the Game**CENSORED**s could upset them in the SEC championship game.

TCU lays an egg against San Diego State, and then the ONLY reason they moved ahead of Boise was due to the huge? win over Utah, who then decides to lose to none other than Notre Dame!?  Looks like the Irish will now be ranked #12 for actually winning a game???  This KILLS TCU's bid for a chance to play in the big game since their last game is against the 1-9 New Mexico Lobo's??!!

This leads to Boise State becoming #2 in the nation after it defeats 2 very good teams in Fresno State & Nevada, while Virginia Tech goes on to win the ACC Championship!!  

THE BOISE STATE BRONCOS WILL PLAY THE OREGON DUCKS IN THE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP GAME!!

Cam Newton can throw illegal stiff arms to players on Sundays after he gets caught cheating for getting paid to play.  He can also blow kisses to defenses that will make him look just as average as Vince Young.....

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#28 : November 14, 2010, 12:20:03 PM

You honestly believe Newton had no idea what was going on? I find that hard to believe. I personally hope nothing happens to the kid, I hate to see a player with his talent be held out. But where we have smoke we usually have fire.

I dont think an Oregon vs Auburn NC game would be tainted... they have shown from week 1 they have been the best teams.

John Galt? wrote:
Before the season started, I said (quite erroneously) that Auburn's biggest weakness was QB. They have a very tough D, a solid run game and some decent WRs. Enter Cam Newton-superstar.

IF Scam Newton is ruled out, then Bama could take them. But it is highly unlikely that the NCAA will make any ruling on this for quite a while. How long did that Reggie Bush deal drag out? Years. The FACT is the NCAA is SLOOOOOOOOOW. So I expect Scam will play vs Bama, get his Bronze Trophy, then some time after April and the Draft (if there is one) he will be ruled ineligible-FAR TOO LATE.

The sad part of this whole fiasco is it sounds like Newton really had no knowledge of all these monkey shines, and that is was all his father doing the scamming w/o his knowledge. But to me he is still that laptop stealing thief and Karma is a female dog. So I have no sympathy.

My prediction is Auburn over Oregon in a Tainted NC game. Boise State are "nice guys" and we know where nice guys finish.

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#29 : November 14, 2010, 12:20:20 PM

You honestly believe Newton had no idea what was going on? I find that hard to believe. I personally hope nothing happens to the kid, I hate to see a player with his talent be held out. But where we have smoke we usually have fire.

I dont think an Oregon vs Auburn NC game would be tainted... they have shown from week 1 they have been the best teams.

John Galt? wrote:

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Who Stays Undefeated?? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools