Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Who Stays Undefeated?? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#30 : November 14, 2010, 01:42:54 PM

oregonbucfan wrote:
You honestly believe Newton had no idea what was going on? I find that hard to believe. I personally hope nothing happens to the kid, I hate to see a player with his talent be held out. But where we have smoke we usually have fire.

Cam sounded very sincere (and yes he may be a good actor) in his denial. His dad, OTOH, didn't deny anything and instead basically "took the 5th".

I dont think an Oregon vs Auburn NC game would be tainted... they have shown from week 1 they have been the best teams.

If it turns out Cam was Scam, which I believe won't happen until waaay after the season, then the game (or at least Auburn's participation in it) will be tainted after the fact. No question about Ore. but would Auburn be undefeated w/o Newton? I say no way in hell.

The issue isn't as much did the Newton family ask for money, but did Auburn pay it?

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#31 : November 14, 2010, 01:52:47 PM

I agree, Auburn probably is a 3-4 loss team without Newton. Masoli seemed sincere after he stole the computers... I just believe when  the FBI is involved something is up. I guess we will see. I hope your right and he had no idea.

John Galt? wrote:
oregonbucfan wrote:
You honestly believe Newton had no idea what was going on? I find that hard to believe. I personally hope nothing happens to the kid, I hate to see a player with his talent be held out. But where we have smoke we usually have fire.

Cam sounded very sincere (and yes he may be a good actor) in his denial. His dad, OTOH, didn't deny anything and instead basically "took the 5th".

I dont think an Oregon vs Auburn NC game would be tainted... they have shown from week 1 they have been the best teams.

If it turns out Cam was Scam, which I believe won't happen until waaay after the season, then the game (or at least Auburn's participation in it) will be tainted after the fact. No question about Ore. but would Auburn be undefeated w/o Newton? I say no way in hell.

The issue isn't as much did the Newton family ask for money, but did Auburn pay it?

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Who Stays Undefeated?? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools