Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Raheem: "We're the best team in the NFC" « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 7

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#15 : October 24, 2010, 07:50:28 PM

escobar wrote:
bradentonian wrote:
Based on record, we are second-best

Sure, if you want to look at nothing more than the record, and completely ignore our run defense, running game, and competition. I'm still trying to figure out, however, how we beat Cleveland...got absolutely annihilated by NO...and then NO loses to Cleveland. Quite strange.

Ronde said the same thing after the game, and clarified they were referring to the record.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#16 : October 24, 2010, 07:51:18 PM

escobar wrote:
BucBalla85 wrote:
Booker wrote:
Why do people take things so seriously?

They need something to whine about.

When you can't even keep it close against team's with a winning record you have no business claiming to have the best team in the NFC. That's not whining, that's a fact.

There's a big difference between being the best and having the best record. If we beat teams like NYG, NOLA, etc. I'd say Morris was accurate. But if your record includes wins against Cleveland, STL, Cincinnati, and Carolina - I'd have to say lets beat somebody good before crowning our asses.

escobar

Hall of Famer

#17 : October 24, 2010, 07:54:15 PM

You'd think Raheem learned from this:

Coach Raheem Morris declared Clayton back after the embattled wide receiver hauled in five catches for 93 yards in week one against Dallas.

"I dare anyone to question our re-signing of Michael Clayton," the coached exclaimed.

FlyingScorpion

Starter
#18 : October 24, 2010, 08:01:21 PM

morgan wrote:
escobar wrote:
BucBalla85 wrote:
Booker wrote:

When you can't even keep it close against team's with a winning record you have no business claiming to have the best team in the NFC. That's not whining, that's a fact.

There's a big difference between being the best and having the best record. If we beat teams like NYG, NOLA, etc. I'd say Morris was accurate. But if your record includes wins against Cleveland, STL, Cincinnati, and Carolina - I'd have to say lets beat somebody good before crowning our asses.

Atl and NYG have had similar schedules to ours

Freeman\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"I love winning a lot more than Im scared of losing\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#19 : October 24, 2010, 08:04:27 PM

He's wrong but he did make some halftime adjustments this week.

BuccinTex

Hall of Famer
#20 : October 24, 2010, 08:04:47 PM

I love it....I absolutely love the double standard that some try to sneak in on this board.    If the team loses and someone makes a thread like "well we got blown out but...." and tries to see the positives they are piled on by Java, his alts, and his like minded friends.   If the team wins you got guys like cyberdud who think they shouldn't be subjected to the same treatment when they make the "well we won but we suck" thread.     Along those same lines people like the original poster love to say how bad this team was last year and use the record as justification but when Raheem or a player uses the record to say hey look we're the best team in the NFC you jump on him and try to use other crap to disprove it.   You can't.   It's just the record.   In the end that's all that really matters.   I hated how Gruden got ugly wins and still kept his job year after mediocre year but the fact was the team won enough to justify it to the ones who mattered.    Now Raheem gets some ugly wins and by most accounts is overachieving so far with a young and less then stellar team but instead of praise he gets piled on.  

hell yeah they have a lot to work on but why the double standard?   Are you that wrapped up into your own crap that you can't even see it?

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#21 : October 24, 2010, 08:05:28 PM

escobar wrote:
BucBalla85 wrote:
Booker wrote:

I just think you are making a big deal about nothing.

Chief Joseph

Hall of Famer

#22 : October 24, 2010, 08:06:39 PM

Ah, the Gruden crutch again. Wasn't expecting that.

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

escobar

Hall of Famer

#23 : October 24, 2010, 08:13:26 PM

BuccinTex wrote:
I love it....I absolutely love the double standard that some try to sneak in on this board.    If the team loses and someone makes a thread like "well we got blown out but...." and tries to see the positives they are piled on by Java, his alts, and his like minded friends.   If the team wins you got guys like cyberdud who think they shouldn't be subjected to the same treatment when they make the "well we won but we suck" thread.     Along those same lines people like the original poster love to say how bad this team was last year and use the record as justification but when Raheem or a player uses the record to say hey look we're the best team in the NFC you jump on him and try to use other crap to disprove it.   You can't.   It's just the record.   In the end that's all that really matters.   I hated how Gruden got ugly wins and still kept his job year after mediocre year but the fact was the team won enough to justify it to the ones who mattered.    Now Raheem gets some ugly wins and by most accounts is overachieving so far with a young and less then stellar team but instead of praise he gets piled on.  

hell yeah they have a lot to work on but why the double standard?   Are you that wrapped up into your own crap that you can't even see it?

All that typing yet nothing said. There's no double standard, there's reality. Last year our 3-13 record matched the quality of our play..we were a very bad football team in virtually every area..no opinion it's just facts. This season it's way too early to know what kind of team this is (which is why Raheem's quote is idiotic), the only conclusion we can come to at this point is we can compete with poor/average teams, and we get blown out by good teams, again..not an opinion just the facts. I'm not sure where this "double standard" is that you're blabbing about.

BuccinTex

Hall of Famer
#24 : October 24, 2010, 08:23:41 PM

escobar wrote:
BuccinTex wrote:

All that typing yet nothing said. There's no double standard, there's reality. Last year our 3-13 record matched the quality of our play..we were a very bad football team in virtually every area..no opinion it's just facts. This season it's way too early to know what kind of team this is (which is why Raheem's quote is idiotic), the only conclusion we can come to at this point is we can compete with poor/average teams, and we get blown out by good teams, again..not an opinion just the facts. I'm not sure where this "double standard" is that you're blabbing about.

lmao the double standard you impose without even realizing it chico.     If you TRULY feel the way you are claiming you would have been here last year saying "yeah the record sucks but...." which is what you're trying to do now by saying  "yeah they got a record at the top....but....."     You just don't have a clue.    It's cool there are plenty like you here.   We embrace (no homo, Illuminati) all of you idiots equally.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#25 : October 24, 2010, 08:25:04 PM

The vaunted Ravens were taken to OT by the winless Bills, who hung 34 pts & 500+ yds on them. I wonder if their fans are unhappy about the win?

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#26 : October 24, 2010, 08:26:21 PM

FlyingScorpion wrote:
morgan wrote:
escobar wrote:
BucBalla85 wrote:
Booker wrote:

Atl and NYG have had similar schedules to ours

We haven't beaten a good team yet. And the two that we played (NO, Pittsburgh) blew us out on our own field.  We didnt' even compete.

BuccinTex

Hall of Famer
#27 : October 24, 2010, 08:28:25 PM

Hate wrote:
The vaunted Ravens were taken to OT by the winless Bills, who hung 34 pts & 500+ yds on them. I wonder if their fans are unhappy about the win?

S*it no they are probably eating lake trout sandwiches with hot sauce and relieved they got away with a win while still enjoying constructive real football discussion about how they can improve.    Must be awesome to have a real base of fans you don't want to kick in the junk.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#28 : October 24, 2010, 08:33:11 PM

IF Rah could get his guys to change the pace of EVERY game (like this one), I think he'd have a actual point. As much as I hated the beatdown we got in the first qtr, It was nice to know that the FG's were made, the defense had adjusted durring the second half, and Freeman once again can claim being the "comeback" kid.

Remember the saying, "you are what you're record SAYS you are." An right now (for this team) 4-2 is on top of the world compared to what "might have been" I'm sure 90% thought that the record would be in reverse. I don't blame Rah at all for being exstatic, the next win probably will keep him in Tampa (along with Dom).

I agree with some here though. If you're going to talk smack, talk REAL isht. "NFC title is for chumps, the Lombardi goes home with us." or maybe, "Bring on the next victim!", hell, at least tell the media that they're all going out for Gyro's after the game, and that we simply "toyed" with our food..

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

escobar

Hall of Famer

#29 : October 24, 2010, 08:33:17 PM

BuccinTex wrote:
escobar wrote:
BuccinTex wrote:

lmao the double standard you impose without even realizing it chico.     If you TRULY feel the way you are claiming you would have been here last year saying "yeah the record sucks but...." which is what you're trying to do now by saying  "yeah they got a record at the top....but....."     You just don't have a clue.    It's cool there are plenty like you here.   We embrace (no homo, Illuminati) all of you idiots equally.

There's no double stand whatsoever, sorry champ. Last year our record accurately represented the quality of our team, this year that's yet to be determined. I don't know how else to say it, you just don't seem to be able to comprehend things very well. Why would I have been here last year saying "the record sucks but"? But what? Our record sucked because our team sucked. You're bringing up an entire season worth of games and comparing it to only six games of a completely different season, if anything is absurd in this debate it's that. Do you not agree that our record accurately represented the quality of our play last year? Do you not agree that so far this season we've proven we can hang with poor/average teams yet seem unable to hang with quality teams? You're trying to connect things that have no connection, that's why your posts are coming across as garbage, and I still don't have a clue what Gruden has to do with any of this.
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Raheem: "We're the best team in the NFC" « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools