Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Raheem: "We're the best team in the NFC" « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 5 6 7

escobar

Hall of Famer

#90 : October 25, 2010, 07:18:40 PM

Coach wrote:
escobar wrote:
morgan wrote:
NotDeadYet wrote:
No doubt Raheem's 'gloat' was for the benefit of his team. What THEY think of his comment is way important to him than what WE fans think.

And again, to me this means Raheem just refuses to accept responsibility for the bad, completely ignoring the NO game a week ago. That's just embarrassing. Have some accountability Raheem.

So today, 2 games later, our team should focus on a loss against NO?

Wrong.

As they should, the Bucs are reviewing tape from the past games and correcting their errors.

Where did I say they should focus on the NO game? I didn't. Raheem shouldn't IGNORE it, that's my point. Saying you're the best team in the NFC a week after an NFC team stomped you into the ground, at home, is ignoring it. And you're right, they need to learn from their mistakes, but they also need to let their play do the talking for them. No class and no respect for other teams in the league making a comment like that. Go to ESPN's message boards, or any other forum you might find on the internet, one not filled with a bunch of kool aid drinkers..and make that same statement. I'm sure the responses will be quite interesting. Again, to me it shows Raheem lacks accountability for the putrid job he did during the NO and Pitt games. It's like "well, i know we were completely outplayed, outcoached, out everything...but guess what..we're better than you". Complete and total nonsense, no credibility whatsoever.

Chaos

Starter
#91 : October 25, 2010, 08:44:04 PM

was a perfect example of a coach goin overboard and letting his mouth open too much.....we aren't even #1 in the NFC South. lol.   Come on Raheem, think before you speak! Oh, and lets start playing some 1st half football sometime this year!!!!

nubcake

Hall of Famer

#92 : October 25, 2010, 11:22:16 PM

It was a stupid statement, but ultimately one that won't matter. If the Cardinals and Falcons need a quote like this to get them motivated, they have huge problems. More than likely, they'll laugh, ignore it, and promptly go back to preparing.

Obviously the trolls will troll upon hearing this, but it also helps bring out the bandwagoners. Bandwagoners have one thing in common: they all want to be a part of something popular. It's the reason why Yankees "fans" don't even care when their team loses and quickly go to the "LOL 27 TITLES LOL" argument. They don't care about their team's success, they just want to be a part of something big so they can show off to their friends about it. As a result, they freak out if their team isn't respected by the rest of the country. So rather than laughing at the quote and then ignoring it because it won't affect our play or the opponents' play in any way, they freak out because it makes us look bad.

At the end of the day, no one else's opinion of the team matters, at all. All that matters is our performance on the field. That performance certainly needs some work, but Morris' quote, while ridiculous, won't affect that one bit.

XXXVII Champs

Second String

#93 : October 25, 2010, 11:23:56 PM

I'm glad ole Spastic Mo pointed that out to us.  I was basing my opinion on W & L and the opponents strength.
Page: 1 ... 5 6 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Raheem: "We're the best team in the NFC" « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools