Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Moves « previous next »
Page: 1 2

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
: October 25, 2010, 06:09:08 AM

Cut Stevens and Stovall. Activate Purvis and Briscoe. Stevens' next career is as a drug dealer, and Stovall is a paid spectator. Keep Lorig at FB and rotate Graham with Blount and Lumpkin when he's healthy again. Phase Caddy out. His only advantage is experience and that's not enough. The others will be here next year. He won't. Get on with the youth movement.

DiSalvo

Starter

#1 : October 25, 2010, 08:27:25 AM

WHo is this Briscoe guy the fans are all so worked up over . Is he the next Larry Brackins ?? LOL

PWNASAURUS

Starter

#2 : October 25, 2010, 09:13:41 AM

NO. Only Gruden has fantasies about **CENSORED**ty project receivers.

acacius

Hall of Famer

#3 : October 25, 2010, 09:30:37 AM

Caddy's days with the team are surely numbered, but I'm unconvinced that Lumpkin has a much of a real future with the team either.  As always, that's certainly the sort of thing I'm happy to eat crow about if I'm wrong.

3rd String Kicker

Hall of Famer
#4 : October 25, 2010, 09:42:39 AM

Lumpy was sneeze tackled on a critical 3rd and short. I won't write him off, but man... that was rough.

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#5 : October 25, 2010, 11:10:33 AM

acacius wrote:
Caddy's days with the team are surely numbered, but I'm unconvinced that Lumpkin has a much of a real future with the team either.  As always, that's certainly the sort of thing I'm happy to eat crow about if I'm wrong.

When the league goes to an eighteen game schedule, Lumpkin will be the other power back that every team will need. We will be fortunate to have him.

3rd String Kicker

Hall of Famer
#6 : October 25, 2010, 11:16:21 AM

PR reports Stevens gone, Purvis activated.

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#7 : October 25, 2010, 11:22:20 AM

DiSalvo wrote:
WHo is this Briscoe guy the fans are all so worked up over . Is he the next Larry Brackins ?? LOL

Educate yourself. Briscoe is not from Pearl River Community College.

acacius

Hall of Famer

#8 : October 25, 2010, 11:34:11 AM

1sparkybuc wrote:
acacius wrote:

When the league goes to an eighteen game schedule, Lumpkin will be the other power back that every team will need. We will be fortunate to have him.

I remain unconvinced.  Not that having "the other power back" would be a good thing, but that our favorite Lord of the Rings character will be that guy.  If he earns the time, great.  In general though, I'm not wildly enthusiastic about the idea of playing a young guy solely because he's young, which I'm afraid is what giving Lumpkin signficant playing time would be.

Please don't get me wrong.  This isn't me crying for Caddy to keep getting large numbers of carries.  If anything, I wouldn't mind seeing Graham get more carries at tailback now that Lorig is playing more at fullback.  At his age, Graham isn't a long-term solution, but that long term solution may not be on the roster yet.

Coach

Rookie

#9 : October 25, 2010, 12:06:12 PM

DiSalvo wrote:

6-3 / 200lbs, physical, plays faster than Benn but not as fast as Williams.  Great hands in traffic.  Possession receiver who could become a Boldin-type WR but I could just as easily see him as a Reggie Brown who for whatever reason never could get it going.

He's a "project", I suppose since he wasn't a top pick, but he's not nearly as raw as Brackins or Paris Warren.  Great value steal from the Bengals who clearly wanted to keep him.

More importantly, he didn't fall in the draft because of a bad senior season or inability to adapt to a pro-style offense.  He had a shoplifting charge in 2007 and his poor workouts before the draft caused him to fall to the 6th.  On the field, he's a top talent.

DiSalvo

Starter

#10 : October 25, 2010, 03:46:10 PM

Coach wrote:
DiSalvo wrote:

6-3 / 200lbs, physical, plays faster than Benn but not as fast as Williams.  Great hands in traffic.  Possession receiver who could become a Boldin-type WR but I could just as easily see him as a Reggie Brown who for whatever reason never could get it going.

He's a "project", I suppose since he wasn't a top pick, but he's not nearly as raw as Brackins or Paris Warren.  Great value steal from the Bengals who clearly wanted to keep him.

More importantly, he didn't fall in the draft because of a bad senior season or inability to adapt to a pro-style offense.  He had a shoplifting charge in 2007 and his poor workouts before the draft caused him to fall to the 6th.  On the field, he's a top talent.

I don't think we need another possesion guy , we need someone with elite speed ...not a guy on our roster is a burner.

Coach

Rookie

#11 : October 25, 2010, 03:52:15 PM

DiSalvo wrote:
Coach wrote:
DiSalvo wrote:

I don't think we need another possesion guy , we need someone with elite speed ...not a guy on our roster is a burner.

You're correct that we need a speed WR.  However, there's certainly room on the roster for another possession wideout as well- and you can't pass up an opportunity to get a player this talented for free.  He's by no standards a lock to produce anything at all, but he's well worth the roster spot and there aren't any "burners" near his capability.   Chances are, we'll target someone to stretch the field in the draft- possibly early.

FlyingScorpion

Starter
#12 : October 25, 2010, 04:24:21 PM

Dexter Jackson is still available lol.

Freeman\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"I love winning a lot more than Im scared of losing\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#13 : October 25, 2010, 05:04:30 PM

we don't need a speed WR.  Williams is the X.  And if Benn and or Briscoe develops to be the Z to go along with Spurlock and Sammie in the slot we are fine.  Not to mention K2.  we need a running game more than anything.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#14 : October 25, 2010, 05:32:03 PM

Skull and Bones wrote:
we don't need a speed WR.  Williams is the X.  And if Benn and or Briscoe develops to be the Z to go along with Spurlock and Sammie in the slot we are fine.  Not to mention K2.  we need a running game more than anything.

Agree with this.

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Moves « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools