Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: What St Louis writers are saying about their team's loss « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 5

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
: October 25, 2010, 01:21:44 PM

I know that many Buc fans have crowned the Bucs as a Wild Card or better team, but if you saw the same team that I did (via pirated internet or at RJS), you'd have seen a team struggling on both sides of the ball.  Did the Bucs win or did STL choke?

Don't drink the koolaid just yet.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/columns/bernie-miklasz/article_22b68cbe-dfac-11df-b8f8-00127992bc8b.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rams choked

TAMPA, FLA.

There is no polite way to put this: the Rams choked.

They absolutely, positively, handed a game to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers by blowing a 17-3 lead in a disappointing 18-17 loss.

It's a game that the Rams had won, only to give it away with a hideous second half.

This was much worse than the 44-6 loss in Detroit. That was an example of losing to a team that was sharper and better on that day. The Rams were ambushed in that one.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#1 : October 25, 2010, 01:33:31 PM

The Browns and Bengals said the same thing.  The Buccaneers sure are lucky all of these teams are "choking" against them.

And why anyone cares about what St. Louis writers are saying is about as perplexing to me as why someone would care about attendance at every sporting event in Tampa Bay.

britbuc14

Starter

#2 : October 25, 2010, 01:34:39 PM

Read the papers and look up the result in 20 years time it will read exactly the same

ST.LOUIS 17 - BUCS 18

Due to the Head Coaching circumstances, the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned back on. We appreciate your patience.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#3 : October 25, 2010, 01:51:56 PM

Biggs3535 wrote:

And why anyone cares about what St. Louis writers are saying is about as perplexing to me

Because the opponent writers often have better perspective on the game than your own beat writers.

But even the Buc's own beat writers have written that the soft scheduled Bucs are probably more lucky than good.

http://www.tampabay.com/sports/football/bucs/john-romanos-gimme-5-on-the-tampa-bay-buccaneers/1130192

kbl117

Starter

#4 : October 25, 2010, 01:57:45 PM

Biggs3535 wrote:
The Browns and Bengals said the same thing.  The Buccaneers sure are lucky all of these teams are "choking" against them.

And why anyone cares about what St. Louis writers are saying is about as perplexing to me as why someone would care about attendance at every sporting event in Tampa Bay.

If St Louis writers are even half as bad as the Tampa writers, I have absolutely no interest in hearing what they say

kbl117

Starter

#5 : October 25, 2010, 02:02:40 PM

morgan wrote:
Biggs3535 wrote:

And why anyone cares about what St. Louis writers are saying is about as perplexing to me

Because the opponent writers often have better perspective on the game than your own beat writers.

But even the Buc's own beat writers have written that the soft scheduled Bucs are probably more lucky than good.

http://www.tampabay.com/sports/football/bucs/john-romanos-gimme-5-on-the-tampa-bay-buccaneers/1130192

Our own beat writers know very little about football. I would take your opinion and BIggs opinion over theres, and IM dead serious. Our writers arent football guys, theyre journalists.

I dont know why St Louis writers would have better perspective either, they are just as emotionally tied to the outcome as our writers, have just as little knowledge of the opposing team, and are just as clueless.

Fact is, the Rams werent as good as they looked in the first half, and the BUcs werent as bad. And we all know this based on previous performances. The BUcs are a 2nd half team, who came out in the 2nd half at home and played like the 2nd half team they are proving to be.

The Bengals choked against us, the Rams just got beat

kbl117

Starter

#6 : October 25, 2010, 02:03:43 PM

Biggs3535 wrote:

If St Louis writers are even half as bad as the Tampa writers, I have absolutely no interest in hearing what they say

3rd String Kicker

Hall of Famer
#7 : October 25, 2010, 02:10:18 PM

So it has nothing to do with Josh Freeman and his offense going out and making some plays? I hope every team we face has tunnel vision.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#8 : October 25, 2010, 02:12:58 PM

3rd String Kicker wrote:
So it has nothing to do with Josh Freeman and his offense going out and making some plays? I hope every team we face has tunnel vision.

Josh had four passes that were in the hands of the defenders. How was Josh's great play responsible for them dropping those passes.

He was lucky.

I hate being a fan of a team that depends on luck to win games.

3rd String Kicker

Hall of Famer
#9 : October 25, 2010, 02:16:45 PM

morgan wrote:

Josh had four passes that were in the hands of the defenders. How was Josh's great play responsible for them dropping those passes.

I wouldn't call it luck that the defense dropped four passes. I would have to say their defense flat out sucks. Luck to me is a rare fortuitous action, whereas skill or lack there of shows consistently, like their inability to get the job done.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#10 : October 25, 2010, 02:46:56 PM

Season ticket holder -is that support enough for you, chief?  I know a good football team when I see one. This team isn't a good team right now. For Morris to say the Bucs are the best in the NFC is just a little too much homer for my blood.

BTW, since when did a 4-2 record win you anything?

Coach

Rookie

#11 : October 25, 2010, 02:50:33 PM

Its both.  They could've called a better half, but if we didn't play tighter in the 2nd we wouldn't have won.

truckerbuc

Rookie

#12 : October 25, 2010, 02:53:33 PM

Coach wrote:
Its both.  They could've called a better half, but if we didn't play tighter in the 2nd we wouldn't have won.

This Coach guy really seems to know his stuff.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#13 : October 25, 2010, 02:53:35 PM

morgan wrote:
Biggs3535 wrote:

Awful logic.  What gives the opponent's writers better perspective?  Are they less emotionally involved?  I wonder if some idiot Ram fan is saying the same thing about Tampa's writers?

chazmoney3 wrote:

How about he 2 interceptions that Talib dropped? It goes both ways sherlock.

LMAO.  Chaz owned Oma/Morgan.

3rd String Kicker

Hall of Famer
#14 : October 25, 2010, 02:54:27 PM

morgan wrote:
BTW, since when did a 4-2 record win you anything?

Well put, but I have to think we need all the wins we can get early on for fan support. Having a two game road skid is big. If we can win these games, it bodes well for our next home game with Carolina. (IIRC).
Page: 1 2 3 ... 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: What St Louis writers are saying about their team's loss « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools