Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: What St Louis writers are saying about their team's loss « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

BuccaneersMagic1282

Starter

#15 : October 25, 2010, 03:15:27 PM

The Rams didn't choke. Since when does an early lead entitle you to a win? It's a four quarter game. Our defense stepped up in the second half and didn't let them score, we won the game.

donny77

Starter

#16 : October 25, 2010, 03:25:17 PM

Before both St. Louis TDs, Talib dropped easy picks in the end zone. Did St. Louis really score 17 on us, or did the Bucs D choke?  Just saying...

flyinbuc

Pro Bowler

#17 : October 25, 2010, 03:34:10 PM

Would you rather that we lost pretty or won ugly.  I will take a win any time.  this is a very young team that hasnt put together two good haves yet.  wait till the second half of the season.

Coach

Rookie

#18 : October 25, 2010, 03:38:33 PM

BuccaneersMagic1282 wrote:
The Rams didn't choke. Since when does an early lead entitle you to a win? It's a four quarter game. Our defense stepped up in the second half and didn't let them score, we won the game.

They choked in the sense that they deviated from what was working.  Their 2nd quarter gameplan had our defense completely guessing.  Did they even throw one screen (to a WR) in the 2nd half?  

Of course, Coach Morris and the defensive staff did make some adjustments for the LB's (our defensive line played just as poorly in the 2nd half, by the way) and our offensive line (Blount, too, perhaps) worked more cohesively in the 2nd half, too.  

It took both of these to pull off a comeback like that.  

Appreciate the win, know we can play solid football based on that 2nd half, but realize that the team didn't control its own fate throughout.  That's what Coach Morris will be preaching this week.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#19 : October 25, 2010, 04:51:34 PM

3rd String Kicker wrote:
morgan wrote:

Josh had four passes that were in the hands of the defenders. How was Josh's great play responsible for them dropping those passes.

I wouldn't call it luck that the defense dropped four passes.

Would you call a team lucky  when it's near the bottom in many major statistical categories but wins?   (23rd in the league in total offense and 22nd in the league in total defense (including 31st against the run)

All The Way Tampa Bay

Hall of Famer
#20 : October 25, 2010, 05:11:07 PM

morgan wrote:
3rd String Kicker wrote:
morgan wrote:

Josh had four passes that were in the hands of the defenders. How was Josh's great play responsible for them dropping those passes.

Would you call a team lucky  when it's near the bottom in many major statistical categories but wins?

I'm sorry is it stats that get you to the playoffs or wins? Oh yeah.......FAIL to you

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#21 : October 25, 2010, 05:14:40 PM

I checked out a Rams forum yesterday and it seemed their more intelligent fans pretty much admitted the Bucs were the better team yesterday.  They were blaming their HC and especially their OC.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#22 : October 25, 2010, 05:18:18 PM

morgan wrote:
3rd String Kicker wrote:
morgan wrote:

Would you call a team lucky  when it's near the bottom in many major statistical categories but wins?

Would you call the Chargers and Cowboys unlucky?  Both teams are top 3 in total offense and defense, yet combine for a record of 3-9.  Hmmmm....

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#23 : October 25, 2010, 05:22:00 PM

They see it as an embarassment to be beaten by the Bucs. I guess that is what you get after a 3-13 season the year before, so logically they'll want to make excuses. They don't want to be placed under a "floundering" cheap team like the Bucs.

....It's funny. I talked to a guy the other day, that was a fan, then stopped. Not knowing their record this season he implied,"they suck."

...Happily, I stated that they were 4-2. That shut him up for a minute.

Point being, that people and most NFL teams still think of us as losers. Until we break that belief with a few good seasons, thats how it's going to be.The Pats had that same stigma about them before Bellacheat ever came along. No one wanted to be beaten by them, and if they did, excuses excuses...

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#24 : October 25, 2010, 05:25:30 PM

STL and TB have a lot in common. Both were outstanding teams and hit rock bottom. Both are coming back and learning to win again. The Rams had the game in hand (17-3) and moved the ball at will, especially on the ground. If I were a Rams fan, I would say they choked as well. I don't think it takes only a homer STL sports writer to see it that way.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#25 : October 25, 2010, 05:42:12 PM

Skull and Bones wrote:
I checked out a Rams forum yesterday and it seemed their more intelligent fans pretty much admitted the Bucs were the better team yesterday.  They were blaming their HC and especially their OC.

Interesting.......they must have only watched the fourth quarter.

acacius

Hall of Famer

#26 : October 25, 2010, 06:10:19 PM

morgan wrote:
Skull and Bones wrote:

Interesting.......they must have only watched the fourth quarter.

Or possibly they didn't  just watch the first half.

cyberdude558

Hall of Famer

#27 : October 25, 2010, 06:15:11 PM

You do have to understand that when you lose by 1 point, the loss stings a bit more than if you lost by 20.

But a 14 point lead in the 2nd quarter really isnt much. The other team is a touchdown (or 2 FGs) away from making it a game again. And if its only the 2nd quarter, there is a lot of football to be played. But a lot of teams when they go up 2 or 3 scores get out of their game plan and sometimes go too conservative. Even Gruden was guilty of this. And when you lose that momentum in the 2nd half, it can be very difficult to get it back. So it is legit for the Rams fans and media to blame the coaching.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#28 : October 25, 2010, 06:17:11 PM

actually at least one guy said the Bucs outplayed the Rams all day but did themselves in with penalties and fell behind.

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#29 : October 25, 2010, 06:22:53 PM

The rams didn't choke. They actually looked better than they should have in the first half because the bucs came out flat and undisciplined. The rams defense didn't really stop the bucs as much as the bucs stopped themselves by erasing big plays with dumb penalties. And offensively, the rams were able to utilize the bubble screen on us over and over again in the first half. In the second half the bucs d took that play away from them, and they became one dimensional. The rams did not choke. They got beat.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: What St Louis writers are saying about their team's loss « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools