Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: What St Louis writers are saying about their team's loss « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

Coach

Rookie

#30 : October 25, 2010, 06:26:10 PM

Why do you care about who gets "credit"?

We're 4-2.  The Rams are not.

1,000 articles from now, the result will remain the same.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#31 : October 25, 2010, 06:30:55 PM

Coach wrote:

Why? Trying to figure out really how good my favorite team is right now. I'm leaning toward a bottom feeder who has benefited from a very soft schedule.  Why? I'm trying to figure out why they play like they did against Pittsburgh and New Orleans and why they played very poorly in the first half of the Cleveland and STL games.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#32 : October 25, 2010, 06:37:00 PM

morgan wrote:
Trying to figure out really how good my favorite team is right now.

Going to media outlets from other cities is a great way to do that.

Coach

Rookie

#33 : October 25, 2010, 06:54:48 PM

morgan wrote:
Coach wrote:

Why? Trying to figure out really how good my favorite team is right now. I'm leaning toward a bottom feeder who has benefited from a very soft schedule.  Why? I'm trying to figure out why they play like they did against Pittsburgh and New Orleans and why they played very poorly in the first half of the Cleveland and STL games.

Those are valid questions that deserve answers.

A St. Louis Dispatch article won't hold those answers.  We'll know by season's end.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#34 : October 25, 2010, 07:20:30 PM

Coach wrote:
morgan wrote:
Coach wrote:

Those are valid questions that deserve answers.

A St. Louis Dispatch article won't hold those answers.  We'll know by season's end.

Disagree. A different perspective other than your own team's beat writers can answer questions about how a game was won/loss. I also listen to the coaches press conferences, weekly show, read from various websites including ESPN, SI, etc etc.  Try visiting somewhere other than PR.com.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#35 : October 25, 2010, 07:27:35 PM

Coach wrote:
A St. Louis Dispatch article won't hold those answers.

True.  I can't imagine any football fan with a clue having to go check the opposing team's beat writers to gain information on the team they follow.

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#36 : October 25, 2010, 07:42:33 PM

morgan wrote:
3rd String Kicker wrote:
So it has nothing to do with Josh Freeman and his offense going out and making some plays? I hope every team we face has tunnel vision.

Josh had four passes that were in the hands of the defenders. How was Josh's great play responsible for them dropping those passes.

He was lucky.

I hate being a fan of a team that depends on luck to win games.

Seems like Bradford benefited from the exact same "luck".

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#37 : October 25, 2010, 07:48:00 PM

Wow.

delanno25

Second String
#38 : October 25, 2010, 09:33:41 PM

It just kills me how the so called football experts never give us credit for our success. According to them every win we get is luck and the other team always seem to give us the victory. I'm sorry but no one in the NFL gives you victories, its not our fault (Bucs fans) that our defense shut them out in the second half. The Rams had a few opportunities to put the game away but they couldn't capitalize on them. We kicked, scratched and clawed our way back into striking distance and delivered the final blow at the end. They tried to stop us and failed to do so, so don't blame yourself for the loss blame the bucs.

We get no credit for fighting till the end, instead the other team gives us the game. Just like Carson Palmer throwing that INT to Sabby at the end of that game. Forget about them taking the bold risk of passing for the first down to close out the game, if they make that play and kill the clock then the game would've meant to end that way but because we picked them off and scored the game winner, people say they gave the game to us. C Palmer didn't intend for it to go down that way he was trying to finish the game. No one talks about all the clutch plays our guys made in the second half to secure the victory.

Bottom line is, if you're gonna beat the bucs then you better take us out early like Pittsburgh and New Orleans did. If you're only up 10-14 points in the second half and not building on your lead, then your gonna get beat.  We are a slow starting team, so if you want to beat us then go up by at least 21 pts.

Screw all of the Buccaneer haters who continue to ignore the heroic play of our young team, go Bucs!!!

GameManager

Starter

#39 : October 25, 2010, 10:04:15 PM

delanno25 wrote:
It just kills me how the so called football experts never give us credit for our success. According to them every win we get is luck and the other team always seem to give us the victory. I'm sorry but no one in the NFL gives you victories, its not our fault (Bucs fans) that our defense shut them out in the second half. The Rams had a few opportunities to put the game away but they couldn't capitalize on them. We kicked, scratched and clawed our way back into striking distance and delivered the final blow at the end. They tried to stop us and failed to do so, so don't blame yourself for the loss blame the bucs.

We get no credit for fighting till the end, instead the other team gives us the game. Just like Carson Palmer throwing that INT to Sabby at the end of that game. Forget about them taking the bold risk of passing for the first down to close out the game, if they make that play and kill the clock then the game would've meant to end that way but because we picked them off and scored the game winner, people say they gave the game to us. C Palmer didn't intend for it to go down that way he was trying to finish the game. No one talks about all the clutch plays our guys made in the second half to secure the victory.

Bottom line is, if you're gonna beat the bucs then you better take us out early like Pittsburgh and New Orleans did. If you're only up 10-14 points in the second half and not building on your lead, then your gonna get beat.  We are a slow starting team, so if you want to beat us then go up by at least 21 pts.

Screw all of the Buccaneer haters who continue to ignore the heroic play of our young team, go Bucs!!!
Agreed, but I could honestly give a crap about respect. I like flying under the radar and shocking the opponent in the end. Makes them really feel the loss.

The Tampa Tri-force!!!!!!!!

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#40 : October 25, 2010, 10:04:55 PM

Skull and Bones wrote:
I checked out a Rams forum yesterday and it seemed their more intelligent fans pretty much admitted the Bucs were the better team yesterday.  They were blaming their HC and especially their OC.

Let me guess. Should have pounded SJax at the weak Bucs run defense with the 11 point lead in the second half, right?

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#41 : October 25, 2010, 10:26:09 PM

morgan wrote:
I know that many Buc fans have crowned the Bucs as a Wild Card or better team

Really? Funny, I see nobody picking the bucs as a wild card team or better.

This team is an 8-8, 9-7 team which may or may not get them in the playoffs. Your **CENSORED**tards who can't have some joy in the wins at this point need their head examined. You clowns are the worst of this life, the worst that this life has to offer because you can't take joy in anything.

go **CENSORED** yourself you pieces of **CENSORED**, you are **CENSORED**in low life pieces of garbage.

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#42 : October 25, 2010, 10:51:33 PM

keeponbucn wrote:
morgan wrote:
I know that many Buc fans have crowned the Bucs as a Wild Card or better team

Really? Funny, I see nobody picking the bucs as a wild card team or better.

This team is an 8-8, 9-7 team which may or may not get them in the playoffs. Your **CENSORED**tards who can't have some joy in the wins at this point need their head examined. You clowns are the worst of this life, the worst that this life has to offer because you can't take joy in anything.

go *censored* yourself you pieces of *censored*, you are *censored* low life pieces of garbage.

Don't hold back now.....how do you really feel?

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?

Hate

Hall of Famer
#43 : October 25, 2010, 10:54:17 PM

morgan wrote:
Biggs3535 wrote:

And why anyone cares about what St. Louis writers are saying is about as perplexing to me

Because the opponent writers often have better perspective on the game than your own beat writers.

Fortunately for me, i don't rely on either to form my opinions.

-------------------------------------------------------

BP1

Pro Bowler

#44 : October 26, 2010, 01:58:07 AM

morgan wrote:
I know that many Buc fans have crowned the Bucs as a Wild Card or better team, but if you saw the same team that I did (via pirated internet or at RJS), you'd have seen a team struggling on both sides of the ball.  Did the Bucs win or did STL choke?

Don't drink the koolaid just yet.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/columns/bernie-miklasz/article_22b68cbe-dfac-11df-b8f8-00127992bc8b.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rams choked

TAMPA, FLA.

There is no polite way to put this: the Rams choked.

They absolutely, positively, handed a game to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers by blowing a 17-3 lead in a disappointing 18-17 loss.

It's a game that the Rams had won, only to give it away with a hideous second half.

This was much worse than the 44-6 loss in Detroit. That was an example of losing to a team that was sharper and better on that day. The Rams were ambushed in that one.

It is funny, but I saw a Bucs team choking in the first half. They talked about it at the half and came out to win. The Rams and their writers are losers.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: What St Louis writers are saying about their team's loss « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools