Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: What St Louis writers are saying about their team's loss « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5

Hate

Hall of Famer
#60 : October 26, 2010, 09:32:29 PM

John Galt? wrote:
morgan wrote:
...they are the worst 4-2 team in the league, in my opinion.  

yep, and the '91 Giants were the worst team to win the Superbowl and Dexter Jackson was the worst SuperBowl MVP and Bob Griese was the worst performing Superbowl QB and Barry Switzer was the worst Superbowl winning HC and none of them enjoy their rings any less because of it.

All I care about is we are 4-2 which is a heck of a lot better than most anticipated.

While you complain about the glass being half empty, I'll just enjoy the other half of my drink.

Yessir!!!!

How can a "fan" not be excited about a very young 4-2 team with plenty of upside? We've all witnessed fraudulent teams recently..... two 9-7 Buc teams immediately come to mind. Difference is those teams were stocked full of has-beens and never-was's and had absolutely no chance of improvement.

This team's future is exciting and you'd have to be some type of negative nancy to not embrace it.

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#61 : October 26, 2010, 09:40:19 PM

Hate wrote:

How can a "fan" not be excited about a very young 4-2 team with plenty of upside?

Because the St. Louis media told him not to be.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#62 : October 26, 2010, 10:27:06 PM

morgan wrote:
When Def Coordinator Morris's defense keeps giving up 100 yd rushing games (Benson, Ivory, Mendenhall, Williams/Steward combined) and if his DL starts getting more than their <1 sack/game average how can he talk?

Do you like the buccs being 4-2?  If so, let it go.  You made your point.  I would like to see the team play better as well.  The offense seems to be finding more playmakers almost every game.  Backups in the Oline didn't kill the team.

If you want to worry and complain about something it is the run D.  The Rams stopped running the ball when S. Jackson got hurt and misted some playing time.  Then for whatever reason continued to try passing the ball when their running game was right there for them to use.  If you want to blame someone for the Rams losing look at their OC and qb who was making the audibles that simply were well defenced by the buccaneer dbackfield.  

Or just stick with talking attendance - either way.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

BP1

Pro Bowler

#63 : October 27, 2010, 01:17:59 AM

morgan wrote:
When Def Coordinator Morris's defense keeps giving up 100 yd rushing games (Benson, Ivory, Mendenhall, Williams/Steward combined) and if his DL starts getting more than their <1 sack/game average how can he talk?

Would it make you feel better if they were 2-4? They are still rebuilding and are 4-2. We are getting a little bonus this season with a winning record thus far. Can we just enjoy being 4-2 at this point in the season and see what happens from here on out?

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#64 : October 27, 2010, 07:02:12 AM

BP1 wrote:
morgan wrote:

Would it make you feel better if they were 2-4? They are still rebuilding and are 4-2. We are getting a little bonus this season with a winning record thus far. Can we just enjoy being 4-2 at this point in the season and see what happens from here on out?

It would make me feel better if the defense could keep a RB from getting 100 yds or the DL gets more than their <1 sack/game, or the offense could score more than 1 TD a game. By the end of the season, this team could be 4-12 with the quality of this play.

And what makes it more comical is that the head coach says his team is the best in the NFC. Anyone that has watched them sees that they've been pretty lucky to win 3 or the 4 games and were completely blown out in their two loses.

Since we're officially in the rebuilding mode, it's more important HOW we win rather IF we win. This team could easily be 1-5 or 0-6 if the ball doesn't bounce a certain way a couple of times this season.

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#65 : October 27, 2010, 12:01:22 PM

Well this one has worked out well for you Morgan. I noticed we injured Steven Jackson, I noticed Sam Bradford standing over there on the sideline just like Dellhome did with that sun shining in his eyes and the look of "Crap, we just got our butts handed to us in the 4th quarter." Rams didn't choke this one away the Bucs took it from them.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#66 : October 27, 2010, 12:27:36 PM

ImAWalkingCorpse wrote:
Well this one has worked out well for you Morgan. I noticed we injured Steven Jackson, I noticed Sam Bradford standing over there on the sideline just like Dellhome did with that sun shining in his eyes and the look of "Crap, we just got our butts handed to us in the 4th quarter." Rams didn't choke this one away the Bucs took it from them.

Great....Delhomme and a rookie QB were beaten.

Wonder how our team does against better QBs. That's my concern. We already found out about Brees. We even found out that third string QBs Batch can do.  Won't even talk about the Panther's QB problems (Moore, Clausen).  Carson Palmer was the only decent QB that they've beaten.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#67 : October 27, 2010, 12:56:36 PM

morgan wrote:
ImAWalkingCorpse wrote:

Wonder how our team does against better QBs. That's my concern. We already found out about Brees. We even found out that third string QBs Batch can do.  Won't even talk about the Panther's QB problems (Moore, Clausen).  Carson Palmer was the only decent QB that they've beaten.

Why do you act like this is some finished product? Its far from finished. This season you have to be impressed with what we are doing considering where we were at last year. Its a step up. We are still very very young and I know that sounds like an excuse but its reality. They will have a few more drafts and let those guys grow up and we should be able to play with the best in the league consistently. It could even be by next season. We have no idea. Freeman is the reason i give us a chance for the rest of the season but other than that there is tons to work on. The bucs getting killed by Pittsburgh and the Saints should surprise nobody. Its still a very young team with a lot of weaknesses.

The good thing about it all is that they are playing hard and not quitting when they are down. On top of that they are winning. Doesnt matter who its against or how it goes down, its still a win. If that doesnt make you happy about where the team is heading down the road then i dont know what does. Its the NFL its hard to win games in this league. I dont care how bad you perceive a team to be. I know this year there is a lot of parity. Last season you saw bad teams but this year I think you see a lot more competitive teams. Just look at everybodys record this year in the NFC and then look at everybodys record last year and tell me that a lot of teams didnt get better this year.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#68 : October 27, 2010, 02:31:30 PM

BucBalla85 wrote:
morgan wrote:
ImAWalkingCorpse wrote:

Why do you act like this is some finished product? Its far from finished. This season you have to be impressed with what we are doing considering where we were at last year. Its a step up. We are still very very young and I know that sounds like an excuse but its reality. They will have a few more drafts and let those guys grow up and we should be able to play with the best in the league consistently. It could even be by next season. We have no idea. Freeman is the reason i give us a chance for the rest of the season but other than that there is tons to work on. The bucs getting killed by Pittsburgh and the Saints should surprise nobody. Its still a very young team with a lot of weaknesses.

The good thing about it all is that they are playing hard and not quitting when they are down. On top of that they are winning. Doesnt matter who its against or how it goes down, its still a win. If that doesnt make you happy about where the team is heading down the road then i dont know what does. Its the NFL its hard to win games in this league. I dont care how bad you perceive a team to be. I know this year there is a lot of parity. Last season you saw bad teams but this year I think you see a lot more competitive teams. Just look at everybodys record this year in the NFC and then look at everybodys record last year and tell me that a lot of teams didnt get better this year.

Outstanding post on several points. Hope they can continue to win in any fashion - guess its about the win-loss record and not how they get it done.  Very guarded optimism here.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#69 : October 27, 2010, 07:52:07 PM

Hate wrote:

This team's future is exciting and you'd have to be some type of negative nancy to not embrace it.

Not really. We'll talk as the season goes on. A team that continuously gives up 100 yd rushers, can't sack or put pressure on QBs, can't produce a decent running game, and has raw WRs and an clueless head coach usually means disaster.

Clearly the New Orleans game has left your minds quickly. You've blocked out that whole failure as if it hadn't happened.

Time will tell.
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: What St Louis writers are saying about their team's loss « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools