Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: What effect does Blount have on this team" « previous next »
Page: 1 2

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
: October 26, 2010, 06:01:02 PM

Does he make the offense respectable? Is he a flash in the pan? I believe he is the real deal and takes some of the load off Freeman. I also believe Lorig should start at FB and Graham should rotate with Caddy as a backup to Blount. Lumpkin should gradually become more involved as Caddy will probably be phased out in favor of Huggins next year. I would guess Graham is good for another year or two in a supporting role.

Blount would have been just as effective as Caddy on that TD drive against the Rams. The only difference is he would have run the ball instead of catching it.

Blaze688

Hall of Famer

#1 : October 26, 2010, 06:06:16 PM

He's good for at least another two or three points per game.  Not having to convert 3rd and 8s on every drive is going to be huge.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#2 : October 26, 2010, 06:13:05 PM

Blount's effects the team in more than a few ways:

1.  He's better than Caddy.
2.  He makes the OL look better because he'll break tackles and run through people.
3.  Less third and longs, which leads to the offense staying on the field longer, which leads to the defense resting more.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#3 : October 26, 2010, 06:13:28 PM

You see how Jackson helped out Bradford? Thats how Blount can help Freeman. It gets more play action and shots down field. Having a player like Blount not only helps that but our goal line/short yardage offense as well. Of course all of this means nothing if the Oline keeps getting penalties.  :angry:

FlyingScorpion

Starter
#4 : October 26, 2010, 06:17:51 PM

Freeman passes for an extra 100 ypg

Freeman\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"I love winning a lot more than Im scared of losing\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#5 : October 26, 2010, 06:53:30 PM

Going with the flow that believes the young man can continue to perform.  An effective running game spreads throughout a team with the message of physicality.  We can run the ball at will is such a strong element of good football teams that is can't be over emphasized.  It is not simply the offense - it includes the defense - teams and even the coaching staff realizing the game is on.  The team can win.  

Now for better run d...

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Ramonb

Pro Bowler

#6 : October 26, 2010, 08:39:07 PM

I just wish the team would embrace Blount as the primary runningback already.

calibucfan15

Starter

#7 : October 26, 2010, 08:50:14 PM

Well aside from what he physically brings to the table he brings an attitude that Raheem has been talking about and wanting to get. Since Morris has been hired he's been preaching about a tough, physical team. Well if you ask me we've been very soft. Our O-line play has even declined and became less physical. Davin Joseph and Trueblood have been known to be physical players. They've become soft. Now that Blount is running hard and physical and nasty he should inspire the line to get back to being physical and nasty. It's one of those attitudes that permeate through the whole team.

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#8 : October 26, 2010, 08:55:09 PM

One good half does not a great running back make.....Blount was as ineffective as Caddy in the N.O. game. Time will tell his worth. RB's can go down for the season in the blink of an eye (e.g. Huggins).

FlyingScorpion

Starter
#9 : October 26, 2010, 08:57:12 PM

CyberDilemma wrote:
One good half does not a great running back make.....Blount was as ineffective as Caddy in the N.O. game. Time will tell his worth. RB's can go down for the season in the blink of an eye (e.g. Huggins).

4 carries

Freeman\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"I love winning a lot more than Im scared of losing\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"

Hate

Hall of Famer
#10 : October 26, 2010, 09:06:56 PM

Ramonb wrote:

You too?

Blount brings an excitement, an attitude, the violence that Rah has been preaching about. But more importantly than that, he brings production..... and this Buc fan welcomes it.

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

Hate

Hall of Famer
#11 : October 26, 2010, 09:10:34 PM

CyberDilemma wrote:

21 carries for 102 yds is enough of a sample for this fan..... and its not like the #s are skewed by 1 or 2 big runs. If you've been watching, you'd notice its been steady production.... sumthin this offense could use in abundance.

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

Ramonb

Pro Bowler

#12 : October 26, 2010, 09:33:06 PM

Hate wrote:
Ramonb wrote:

You too?

Blount brings an excitement, an attitude, the violence that Rah has been preaching about. But more importantly than that, he brings production..... and this Buc fan welcomes it.

Every time the pundits ask Morris about Blount, he seems to deflect all questions concerning increasing Blounts role.  Whats the deal?

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#13 : October 26, 2010, 09:40:47 PM

Ramonb wrote:
Hate wrote:
Ramonb wrote:

You too?

Every time the pundits ask Morris about Blount, he seems to deflect all questions concerning increasing Blounts role.  Whats the deal?

Blount was not on the team during the offseason, training camp and preseason. They do not believe he knows all the intricacies of the offense and different blitz pickups and protection packages yet to trust him as the last line of defense before Freeman gets crushed by a defender. It's really that simple.

burger40

Hall of Famer

#14 : October 26, 2010, 09:58:01 PM

CyberDilemma wrote:
Ramonb wrote:
Hate wrote:
Ramonb wrote:

You too?

Blount was not on the team during the offseason, training camp and preseason. They do not believe he knows all the intricacies of the offense and different blitz pickups and protection packages yet to trust him as the last line of defense before Freeman gets crushed by a defender. It's really that simple.

that is all part of it but a lot is the fact that Caddy is beloved by the staff and his teammates. Morris like most coaches don't like to criticize guys like that in the press and even though it is obvious to th emost casual observer raheem isn't going to say Blount is playing better than Caddy bc that just isn't what coaches do...not most of them anyway.

"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." Alexis de Tocqueville
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: What effect does Blount have on this team" « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools