Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Driod Apps « previous next »
Page: 1

Brando

***
Second String

Posts : 187
Offline
: October 25, 2010, 12:25:51 PM

I just took the Tech leap...finally.  Are there any apps I should have being a big Tampa sports fan?  Just askin'....

Bucman

*
Hall of Famer
******
Posts : 12524
Offline
#1 : October 25, 2010, 05:34:16 PM

I have an thing on my phone that basically lets me pirate all of them for free. But the only one I really like is the ESPN Radio one.


Snook

******
Hall of Famer

Posts : 9092
Offline
#2 : October 25, 2010, 07:26:49 PM

Legend wrote:
Quote
I have an thing on my phone that basically lets me pirate all of them for free. But the only one I really like is the ESPN Radio one.


What is that?


BucsGuru

*
Hall of Famer
******
Posts : 6397
Offline
#3 : October 25, 2010, 09:34:19 PM

Get the "BUMP" app......it is pretty cool!  It allows you to transfer your info, contacts, pics, apps, with other Droid users who have BUMP simply by bumping your fists together while holding your phones.  IT WORKS TOO!!

notabucsfan

******
Hall of Famer

Posts : 3146
Offline
#4 : October 26, 2010, 12:26:40 AM

Brando wrote:
Quote
I just took the Tech leap...finally.  Are there any apps I should have being a big Tampa sports fan?  Just askin'....


I have the NFL Mobile app. You can listen to all games for free on it. I use quite often like last sunday for the Rams game I listened to the whole 4th quarter while I was playing golf. Had people on the course looking at me crazy because I was jumping up and down screaming when they scored their touchdown with 10 seconds left lol

BucsGuru

*
Hall of Famer
******
Posts : 6397
Offline
#5 : October 26, 2010, 11:45:27 AM

LOL at Lazoran!!!

Bucsfan x

*****
Pro Bowler

Posts : 1254
Offline
#6 : October 26, 2010, 12:26:53 PM

The only sports related apps I have is NFL Mobile and ESPN ScoreCenter.

Bucman

*
Hall of Famer
******
Posts : 12524
Offline
#7 : October 26, 2010, 01:13:14 PM

SnookAU wrote:
Quote
Legend wrote:
Quote
I have an thing on my phone that basically lets me pirate all of them for free. But the only one I really like is the ESPN Radio one.


What is that?

Its called Applanet and it basically just uses the same interface as the droid market place but everything is free. Its pretty tight. Not sure where my friend found it. But it doesn't take much work to use and your phone doesn't need to be rooted.


Bucman

*
Hall of Famer
******
Posts : 12524
Offline
#8 : October 26, 2010, 01:13:14 PM

SnookAU wrote:
Quote
Legend wrote:
Quote
I have an thing on my phone that basically lets me pirate all of them for free. But the only one I really like is the ESPN Radio one.


What is that?

Its called Applanet and it basically just uses the same interface as the droid market place but everything is free. Its pretty tight. Not sure where my friend found it. But it doesn't take much work to use and your phone doesn't need to be rooted.


NovaBuc

****
Starter

Posts : 842
Offline
#9 : October 26, 2010, 05:57:09 PM

SportsTap is a great app for checking scores. While not obvious, Iheartradio is good as well. The app streams tons of radio stations from across the country, makes it easy to follow just about any team in any sport while you are away from televisions.

 Both of the apps are free, though why anyone would pirate apps that are mostly 99 cents is beyond me. If you can afford the phone, you can afford the buck or two to get an app. Or look for the ad supported ones that are free, which most every app has.

Bucman

*
Hall of Famer
******
Posts : 12524
Offline
#10 : October 26, 2010, 11:34:58 PM

NovaBuc wrote:
Quote
SportsTap is a great app for checking scores. While not obvious, Iheartradio is good as well. The app streams tons of radio stations from across the country, makes it easy to follow just about any team in any sport while you are away from televisions.

 Both of the apps are free, though why anyone would pirate apps that are mostly 99 cents is beyond me. If you can afford the phone, you can afford the buck or two to get an app. Or look for the ad supported ones that are free, which most every app has.

ESPN Radio is like 3 dollars. And why pay 99 cents when you can get it free?  :laugh:


FlyingScorpion

*
Starter
****
Posts : 842
Offline
#11 : October 27, 2010, 01:30:59 AM

NovaBuc wrote:
Quote
SportsTap is a great app for checking scores. While not obvious, Iheartradio is good as well. The app streams tons of radio stations from across the country, makes it easy to follow just about any team in any sport while you are away from televisions.

 Both of the apps are free, though why anyone would pirate apps that are mostly 99 cents is beyond me. If you can afford the phone, you can afford the buck or two to get an app. Or look for the ad supported ones that are free, which most every app has.


I tried iheart radio other crap was on during the game

Freeman\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"I love winning a lot more than Im scared of losing\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"

NovaBuc

****
Starter

Posts : 842
Offline
#12 : October 27, 2010, 01:54:26 PM

With iheartradio, you have to sometimes search a bit through the available stations, but always found a broadcast of a game I couldn't see, granted not always the 'home team' announcers.. a bucs game just isn't the same without Gene. But better than nothing.

 As for paying for apps, I'd rather pay the 99 cents for a good app to support the developer in hopes they make more good apps. And since you can 'return' an app within 24 hours and get your money back, there's no risk.. not to mention plenty of apps have a paid and a free version. Plus, there are legitimate ways to get ESPN radio without paying ESPN's fee such as.. iheartradio. At least two of the sports stations are part of the ESPN radio network.

 I'd recommend Appbrain. Very nice app and webpage that provides a better experience for searching for android apps, plus based upon the apps you have it will recommend apps you might like.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Driod Apps « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools