Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: JDouble's Favorite 50 « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 22

JDouble

Hall of Famer
: October 27, 2010, 08:01:21 PM

Every year I keep a list of my favorite 50. Each month I update it, removing names and adding them as needed. Torwards the end of the season I start adding a grade next to each name, and during the offseason I watch the combine and highlight videos and continue to adjust my list untill draft day arrives. I started doing this in 2008 and realized how much fun it made draft day.

Every time another team takes one of my top 50 I cross the name off and curse the TV, but when we actually take one it is awesome! In 2009 Freeman was the only guy on my favorite 50 that we drafted. He was my #1 guy. I was screaming like a little girl. In 2010 I had 4 guys, McCoy, Watson, Price, and eventually thru FA we got Blount. None of them were in my top 20, but it was still pretty cool.

Anyways, I usually just do this in private and keep this list on my own PC. This year I've decided to use a thread to keep track of it. I'll update it every month and see what it morphs into by draft day.

If this annoys you in anyway, please ignore me. I love to chat about prospects though, especially the lesser known guys, so feedback is definelty welcome.

RBs
DeMarco Murray - Oklahoma Sooners
Doug Martin - Boise State Broncos
Daniel Thomas - Kansas State Wildcats
Mikel Leshoure - Illinois
Caleb King - Georgia Bulldogs
Allen Bradford - USC Trojans  
Damien Berry - Miami Hurricanes
Seth Smith - New Mexico

FBs
Owen Marecic - Stanford

TE
Kyle Rudolph - Notre Dame

C
Kristopher O'Dowd - USC
Stefen Wisniewski - Penn State
Tim Barnes - Missouri

OT
Darius Morris - Temple
Joe Barksdale - Loiusiana State
DeMarcus Love - Arkansas

OG
John Moffitt -Wisconsin
Mike Pouncey - Florida
Ben Ijalana - Villanova

DE
Robert Quinn - NC Tarheels
Jeremy Beal - Oklamhoma
Broderick Binns - Iowa Hawkeyes
Sam Acho - Texas
Ryan Kerrigan - Purdue

LB
Akeem Ayers - UCLA Bruins
Nate Irving - NCS Wolfpack
Mark Herzlich - Boston
Josh Bynes - Auburn Tigers
Mason Foster - Washington
Casey Matthews - Oregon
Chris Galippo - USC
Von Miller - Texas A&M
Obi Ezah - Michigan
Kelvin Sheppard - LSU
Dont'e Hightower - Alabama
Travis Lewis - Oklahoma
Mario Harvey - Marshall
Chris Carter - Fresno Stae
Doug Hogue - Syracuse

S
Jaiquawn Jarrett - Temple
Deunta Williams - NC Tarheels
Rahim Moore - UCLA Bruins
Shiloh Keo - Idaho
Joe Lefeged - Rutgers

CB
Jimmy Smith - Colorado

Codmons

Hall of Famer

#1 : October 27, 2010, 08:45:00 PM

Cool stuff, I don't keep an eye on college as much but I imagine the work involved.

beardmcdoug

Pro Bowler

#2 : October 27, 2010, 09:06:15 PM

I support this post

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#3 : October 27, 2010, 09:34:36 PM

Codmons wrote:
Cool stuff, I don't keep an eye on college as much but I imagine the work involved.

I wouldn't call it work. I just DVR the games I'm interested in and then fast forward when the guy I wanna watch isn't playing. Last year my wife was deployed and I had way too much spare time. This year i'm only DVRing 2 or 3 games a week.

Plus last year's draft was so full of talent, it really made it fun. There aren't many guys jumping out at me this year.  :(

rikes

Starter

#4 : October 28, 2010, 02:44:00 AM

Where's LaMichael James?

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#5 : October 28, 2010, 04:42:42 AM

rikes wrote:
Where's LaMichael James?

Hes a true sophomore. Why would he include?  :unsure:

Don't like Greg Jones of Michigan St? I would like a thumper in the middle like Hightower. And he should be there mid first round. We may be able to get Quinn in round 2 now due to being done with college football already. I wouldn't mind getting his teammate Marvin Austin real late too if he last till round 4. I love Moffit at Guard and would have no problem with getting Pouncey and having him move back to guard. If he is anything like his brother he will beast.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#6 : October 28, 2010, 08:46:34 AM

I would love if Quinn slips to round two. He and Jeremy Beal are by two favorite pass rushers atm.

Can't agree with you on Marvin Austin. We gotta go with McCoy, Price, and Miller. They need time to show what they can do. Another DT would be kinda a waste. Besides that I think Austin is one of the most over rated players in college football.

I agree if we get Pouncey it will be as a guard. He looked very good as a guard, but has looked pretty horrible as a center this year.

sunrisejeff

Hall of Famer

#7 : October 28, 2010, 09:56:35 AM

Not sure if it was an oversight but you didn't list the Badgers' senior OT Gabe Carimi on here.  6'8, 320lbs and considered to be one of the top tackle prospects this year.  Also no Patrick Peterson, CB, LSU?

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#8 : October 28, 2010, 10:05:57 AM

sunrisejeff wrote:
Not sure if it was an oversight but you didn't list the Badgers' senior OT Gabe Carimi on here.  6'8, 320lbs and considered to be one of the top tackle prospects this year.

His stock has dropped quite a bit since the season began, and rightfully so IMO.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#9 : October 28, 2010, 10:11:25 AM

sunrisejeff wrote:
Not sure if it was an oversight but you didn't list the Badgers' senior OT Gabe Carimi on here.  6'8, 320lbs and considered to be one of the top tackle prospects this year.  Also no Patrick Peterson, CB, LSU?

It appears to be a team-specific top 50 and it's not too likely the Bucs will be looking RT where Carimi will be available and they definitely won't be looking for a CB where Peterson will be picked.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

sunrisejeff

Hall of Famer

#10 : October 28, 2010, 10:16:35 AM

My apologies then didnt realize it was team specific.  Never to early to talk draft imo though so good thread!

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#11 : October 28, 2010, 11:22:48 AM

It is team specific, but it's also JDouble specific  :blink:

It's not so much the highest rated top 50 guys, but rather just my favorite top 50 guys. My favorite thing is high motor, so that is the number one thing I look for. That is why Suh and Alualu were my two favorite DTs last year. I also look at stats and game tape and all that, but I try to figure in these guys personal traits also. I don't like thugs or guys that just seem really, really dumb. That's why Dez Bryant wasn'tn my list last year. That dude can't even put together a sentence.

Anyways, there will be alot of top rated guys that aren't on my top 50, and there will be alot of no name guys on there instead. I take into account a guys projected round too. Like last year I really liked RB Ryan Mathews, he was one of my favorite players, but once he became a projected first round pick he dropped on my board just because I didn't want the Bucs to use a first on a HB.

In the end it probably only makes sense to me.  :huh:

bucjoe

Hall of Famer
#12 : October 28, 2010, 03:18:11 PM

I love what you are doing!  I do much the same thing, but just haven't been tracking the players specifically.  I dvr as many as 5 games on Saturday and watch them until about 3:00 a.m..  I mostly watch offensive and defensive linemen, and run the play back several times until I see all the players I am specifically watching on each play.

When you listed Donte' Miller, did you mean Donte Hightower?  I have been watching him almost every week and really like him.  John Galt? brought him up recently and I said I thought he stood around too much, but have watched another couple of his games and he seems to get more aggressive every week.  I wonder if it has to do with gaining confidence on the knee he injured last year.  Anyway, he is reportedly almost 265 lbs and just pushing olinemen away when they try to block him, so he would be a real change from Ruud, who can't even push a wr away from him.  On a play recently, I saw Hightower blitz, and simply PANCAKE an offensive tackle!!  When have you ever seen a linebacker do THAT?

One I would add to your DE list is Dequan Bowers, DE from Clemson.  I didn't see ANY college games this past Saturday as I was in Lakeland and not at home, but the prior Saturday he went into the game leading the ACC in sacks, and got 3 more.  He also looked very good against the run.  I really like what I have seen from him....so far.

I also really like Moffit at guard.

I look forward to following this thread

.....just my opinion

Nukepineisland

Pro Bowler
#13 : October 28, 2010, 03:42:58 PM

JDouble wrote:
Codmons wrote:

I wouldn't call it work. I just DVR the games I'm interested in and then fast forward when the guy I wanna watch isn't playing. Last year my wife was deployed and I had way too much spare time. This year i'm only DVRing 2 or 3 games a week.

Plus last year's draft was so full of talent, it really made it fun. There aren't many guys jumping out at me this year.  :(

No lie man I LOVE THE DRAFT and last year had soooooooooo many guys , it was like a job watching the games and keeping track of the prospects.

I really can't think of many other drafts that had guys talented  like Watson or Hardy going so late , or talents like Carter and Blount going undrafted.

This year is far saner. And VERY top heavy.

My official draft-crush this year is Nate Irving . Hes one of those guys that has a impact on nearly every play whether it shows on the stat sheet or not. Oh and hes pretty much the anti-Ruud .

I have not seen the Kid from Marshall play that SR likes yet, so Ill hold off on my opinion on him until I do. Jones I have seen and I think hes good but a bit overrated, not THAT overrated yet I think a inferior prospect to Irving.

If Quinn falls to the 2nd rd I'm gonna crap my pants. Heck even if he falls to the bottom of the first it'll maybe happen .Also I don't know why people think Adrian Clayborn shouldn't be a option for a Bucs team that can't stop the run AND has a hard time getting to the QB because he plays at the OTHER DE position. Strahan had plenty of success over there.
I'd rank the DEs 1). Quinn 2).Clayborn 3). Bowers 4). Beal . 5). ACho !

And for the record if Dom double dipped on the D-line again and went Quinn , Clayborn. Even if it meant missing out on Irving, I would be beside myself.

P.S A bucJoe sighting !!! Good to see even a busted MB can't keep you from talking prospects Joe! And trying to sell another Clemson DE around here is gonna be trickier than convincing Mary Poppins to buy a ketchup popsicle on a hot day Joe. Bowers I like but , remember last year when Brandon LaFell was mentioned ?

Since the inception of the NFC South the team that finished last in the division has gone to the playoffs the next year...
...and Ive never been one to question history ;)

sunrisejeff

Hall of Famer

#14 : October 28, 2010, 04:20:10 PM

Can't argue with you on the Clayborn pick Nuke.....kid seems to have a strong motor to get after the QB but is really good at stopping the run (which lord knows we need)  I'd have no problem picking him if Quinn was off the board.
Page: 1 2 3 ... 22
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: JDouble's Favorite 50 « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools