Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: JDouble's Favorite 50 « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 22

LABuc

Starter

#15 : October 28, 2010, 05:44:15 PM

Love what you do JD.

As far as Quinn dropping, I figure theres very little chance. Theres always teams like the Broncos that make picks that make you scratch your head. But you never know!

Derrick Brooks, NFL Hall of Fame Class of 2014.

X Factor

Starter
#16 : October 28, 2010, 05:50:13 PM

sunrisejeff wrote:
Not sure if it was an oversight but you didn't list the Badgers' senior OT Gabe Carimi on here.  6'8, 320lbs and considered to be one of the top tackle prospects this year.  Also no Patrick Peterson, CB, LSU?

Peterson is going to be a star in the NFL, he's a top 5 pick. I would love if the Buc's got him but,  I don't think we are picking in the top 5 and DE/MLB/S are such huge needs that going CB in the first round seems like a stretch... I don't see how you could leave off Ingram, might be more value to go with Demarco Murray in round 2 or Derrick Locke in round 3/4 with our need at DE/MLB/S but Ingram is the best RB in college and he does not make your top 50? You must hate bama.. lol

Mike Williams by Xfactor32, on Flickr

Nukepineisland

Pro Bowler
#17 : October 28, 2010, 06:40:54 PM

Safety is not a huge need for the Bucs . DE / LB / OL can use all of the Bucs picks in the first four rounds at this point then , RB/ S / DT . Grimm has been the flat-out best tackler on the Bucs the last three weeks. Lynch , Sabby and Jones. And having Tjack in the back pocket. As a group I like the safeties and if the play up front improves so will the play out back.

Dumping a early pick into a group that needs help up front will hurt more than help IMO.

Since the inception of the NFC South the team that finished last in the division has gone to the playoffs the next year...
...and Ive never been one to question history ;)

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#18 : October 28, 2010, 08:53:51 PM

Great concept JD. But, I have some questions?

BocJoe already hit one, Donta Miller or Hightower? Love Hightower, he is a true thumper. And at 6'4" (and some really long arms) his shear size and reach are a big plus in coverage, try to throw over him and you get a tipped pass.

Also, you might want to break down LBs into ILB/MLBs and OLBs.

Surprised no Bama RBs in your list. Ingram?? Come on.

In Safeties I'd have to add Ahmed Black (3 INTs 1 FF, 6PDs, and 61 tackles thru 7 gmaes) Tied for the lead last year in INTs. Also (unlike T-jax) a great character kid and a natural leader.

CB-I'd add (although I think Biggers may be the real deal) LSU's Patrick Peterson and Florida's Janoris Jenkins. Peterson is also a KR/PR stud. Jenkins is a true shutdown corner.

Missing some DEs and that is without a doubt NEED NUMBER 1!!!!

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#19 : October 28, 2010, 09:15:27 PM

Good call! I actually like Donte Hightower and Von Miller...some how I created Donte Miller.  :huh: I'll edit that.

As far as Ingram, I like him but I think he is not Barry Sanders. I also think he'll be a first round pick, and I'm just not a fan of taking RBs in the first round in general. If you go back and look at all the great RBs through out the last 30 years, you'll see most of them were not first round picks. To me RB is one position were there are always gems in the later rounds.

With Black, I like the kid. He is a straight up baller. I just feel that our defense is already too undersized, which causes us to get pushed around and ran over by bigger more physical teams. The last thing I want is a 5'9" 188lbs safety. I think black will have a career similiar to Bob Sanders. Great when healhty, but rarely healthy....or he'll be a CB.

bucjoe

Hall of Famer
#20 : October 28, 2010, 09:21:07 PM

You're right NPI!!  I can't stay away from discussions about prospects!!

You're also right about trying to sell another Clemson DE!!  I thought about that before I brought Bowers up, but he really is a dominant pass rusher who ALSO is good against the run.

I would LOVE to see us double-dip at the DE spot this year.  Quinn or Bowers and Clayborn and I might just turn off the draft and go do some SERIOUS drinking...of cokes!!

I also really like Peterson, CB from LSU, but I agree that he will be a top 5 pick and an absolute STAR in the NFL.

We do NEED a thumper of a MLBer and I would jump out of the chair if we got Hightower.

Realistically, I wouldn't be surprised to see us go DE and MLBer in the first two picks IF the right guys are there.

.....just my opinion

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#21 : October 28, 2010, 10:01:53 PM

Hightower and a DE who can pressure the qb... those would be great additions to this D.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

bucjoe

Hall of Famer
#22 : October 28, 2010, 10:27:35 PM

I agree with you about Ahmad Black, JD.  I have no interest in him, but ONLY because of his size.  I was actually somewhat worried about Grimm because I was concerned HE wasn't big enough.  Not worried about his size now, and he is LISTED at 210 lbs.  Black is simply too small IMO.

The positions I want us to draft most of all is DE, MLBer, OG and safety, with safety in the 4th spot.  However, MOST OF ALL, I want us to draft impact players.  I would rather have an impact safety than a mediocre DE.

Use the picks wisely Dom!!  Get us impact players!!

.....just my opinion

bucjoe

Hall of Famer
#23 : October 28, 2010, 10:31:06 PM

dbucfan wrote:
Hightower and a DE who can pressure the qb... those would be great additions to this D.

I ABSOLUTELY AGREE dbuc!!

Those two additions, plus another year of experience for McCoy, Price, Biggers and Talib, IMO, would make this a top 10 defense!!

.....just my opinion

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#24 : October 29, 2010, 06:51:05 AM

bucjoe wrote:
dbucfan wrote:

Those two additions, plus another year of experience for McCoy, Price, Biggers and Talib, IMO, would make this a top 10 defense!!

Our three DT picks in the last two drafts need to pick it up - more than a bit - from my view bucjoe..

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#25 : October 29, 2010, 09:05:08 AM

We've always been able to find solid safeties in the 3rd thru 5th rounds. The only safety we've taken earlier was Sabby in the 2nd, and we see how that went.  :ohmy:

John Lynch -3rd
Dwight Smith - 3rd
Dexter Jackson - 4th
Tanard Jackson - 4th
Jermaine Phillips - 5th

Now, with Raheem's specialty being the secondary, I think we have an even better chance of finding mid to late round safeties. Cody Grimm seems to be a fine example. So I'm not too worried about safety. I have a feeling we'll grab one in FA and draft on in the 4th or 5th and be just fine. My only fear is that we let retard jackson back on our team.

Nukepineisland

Pro Bowler
#26 : October 29, 2010, 01:28:47 PM

bucjoe wrote:
You're right NPI!!  I can't stay away from discussions about prospects!!

You're also right about trying to sell another Clemson DE!!  I thought about that before I brought Bowers up, but he really is a dominant pass rusher who ALSO is good against the run.

I would LOVE to see us double-dip at the DE spot this year.  Quinn or Bowers and Clayborn and I might just turn off the draft and go do some SERIOUS drinking...of cokes!!

I also really like Peterson, CB from LSU, but I agree that he will be a top 5 pick and an absolute STAR in the NFL.

We do NEED a thumper of a MLBer and I would jump out of the chair if we got Hightower.

Realistically, I wouldn't be surprised to see us go DE and MLBer in the first two picks IF the right guys are there.

That's funny my buddy just sent me a link to his mock draft and he has the Bucs taking Bowers. Fell out of my chair laughing.

I'd love the double-dip at DE but I doubt Dom would do it,  the needs are looking like DE , MLB , OG/C , RB, DE , S , OLB, OG/C .(?) Three of the Bucs wins have a lot to do with Freeman and keeping his jersey clean will keep Dom employed.

AND the Bucs do need a true thumper at LB I know you watch the line Joe and have seen GMC knifing the backfield at times on running plays and it seems like every time Ruud has a like a 2 to 5 second delay and then he runs into the nearest lineman and locks up, waits for the ball carrier to go by and tackles him from behind. Hightower I would delighted with , and the last Alabama LB we liked around here is looking pretty damn good over there in Raiderland.

"dbucfan wrote:

Those two additions, plus another year of experience for McCoy, Price, Biggers and Talib, IMO, would make this a top 10 defense!!"

And another year for Grimm , Miller , and Watson. I said earlier I think this draft was top heavy. If the first three picks are GOOD,  :woohoo: You have a top ten defense for YEARS!!!

Since the inception of the NFC South the team that finished last in the division has gone to the playoffs the next year...
...and Ive never been one to question history ;)

bucjoe

Hall of Famer
#27 : October 29, 2010, 02:39:21 PM

I don't think Dom would hesitate a second to take two DEs in the first two rounds...IF we didn't need a thumper at MLBer so bad.  I have tried to give Ruud the benefit of the doubt but can no longer do so.  I am also NOT INTERESTED in any 235 lb MLBers to replace him, REGARDLESS of their credentials!!  I want to see a 250 lb + guy at that spot.  IMO, it's PAST time that we got bigger on defense.  A guy like Hightower in the middle of our defense would be a GREAT start!!

Dbuc, I think McCoy, Price and Miller are going to be fine in the middle of the line.  I believe the light is beginning to come on for McCoy and I also believe it's a shame that Price has been hurt and cannot learn and develop...but he will.  I REALLY wish I had been home to see what happened in the 2nd half for the defense to have slowed the Rams running game.  Despite the accolades, realistically it seems that much of the improvement AGAINST the run came from the IMPROVEMENT in OUR running game, helping us keep the ball and keeping the Rams from having it.  Even though we keep hearing how we slowed them down, it appears (I don't have the stats in front of me Biggs) they STILL averaged close to 4.5 yards per carry; they just had many fewer carries.

I think our defense is going to improve all THIS season in small imcrements as the young ones keep learning and improving.

In the draft, give me a PASS RUSHING DE and a MLBer like Hightower (I haven't seen Irving, but if he isn't 250 lbs...not interested) and I believe the Buc defense will be ready to go in 2011!!

.....just my opinion

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#28 : October 29, 2010, 02:53:44 PM

bucjoe wrote:

In the draft, give me a PASS RUSHING DE and a MLBer like Hightower (I haven't seen Irving, but if he isn't 250 lbs...not interested) and I believe the Buc defense will be ready to go in 2011!!

thats music to my ears.  those are really the only 2 positions that i see as necessary to upgrade.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#29 : October 29, 2010, 03:00:08 PM

bucjoe wrote:
I don't think Dom would hesitate a second to take two DEs in the first two rounds...IF we didn't need a thumper at MLBer so bad.  I have tried to give Ruud the benefit of the doubt but can no longer do so.  I am also NOT INTERESTED in any 235 lb MLBers to replace him, REGARDLESS of their credentials!!  I want to see a 250 lb + guy at that spot.  IMO, it's PAST time that we got bigger on defense.  A guy like Hightower in the middle of our defense would be a GREAT start!!

How many 250 lb 4-3 MLB's are even in the league? They're all around 240; they just simply use it more effectively than Ruud.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 22
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: JDouble's Favorite 50 « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools