Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Have you guys thought about this? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 6

cyberdude558

Hall of Famer

: October 27, 2010, 10:24:12 PM

Our first 4 picks in the draft have barely contributed to the team's success.

McCoy, Price, Benn, and Lewis.

So maybe we should wait a little bit before we declare Mark Dominick as a draft guru. He may have hit on a few good ones last year such as Freeman, Stroughter, and maybe Biggers....and hit on Mike Williams this year. But you cannot have your first 4 picks all be busts. You could also claim Bowden was a busted pick. Even though though it was a 6th rounder, when you draft a punter and he doesnt make it to week 2....that's a bust.

It's early of course. They could develop. But we've got 6th and 7th rounders (and even some undrafted players) doing better right now than 1st and 2nd rounders. That's just not acceptable.

JoeAbdoney89

Rookie
#1 : October 27, 2010, 10:35:03 PM

Ya i thought about it....but then i remembered that they are rookies that have played in 6 games. Give em a season to learn and develop.

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#2 : October 27, 2010, 10:35:28 PM

Just like we should wait a little bit before declaring Dominik a draft guru, we should also wait a few years before speculating whether any of the pics are busts......since it takes most draft pics, regardless of where they were drafted, that long to develop.

ABuccsFan

Pro Bowler

#3 : October 27, 2010, 11:22:59 PM

cyberdude558 wrote:

So maybe we should wait a little bit before we declare Mark Dominick as a draft guru. He may have hit on a few good ones last year such as Freeman, Stroughter, and maybe Biggers....and hit on Mike Williams this year. But you cannot have your first 4 picks all be busts. You could also claim Bowden was a busted pick. Even though though it was a 6th rounder, when you draft a punter and he doesnt make it to week 2....that's a bust.

It's early of course. They could develop. But we've got 6th and 7th rounders (and even some undrafted players) doing better right now than 1st and 2nd rounders. That's just not acceptable.
D-line is the hardest position in the NFL to acclimate to from college. WR is the next. Lewis has been injured. Nice try though. Keep grasping for straws!!!!!!

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"For a brief, shining, moment in history, a select breed truly lived free.\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\".....Unknown Author.

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#4 : October 27, 2010, 11:31:17 PM

ABucs, what about Oline acclimating? Or QB? I think you're being a bit of an apologist for Dominik. But that said, I agree with your point: it's too early. I didn't like the Lewis pick, didn't like a lack of DE high. But Benn is beginning to play well so let's see what happens. I loved the Price pick, but he's been hurt a lot. And McCoy has had SOME impact, if not what we had hoped.

In Verner We Trust

nubcake

Hall of Famer

#5 : October 27, 2010, 11:38:24 PM

Hey guys check it out, cyberdude is being negative. How strange!

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#6 : October 28, 2010, 12:13:46 AM

Dude.

Agreed, at "this point" McCoy, Price, Lewis, and Benn look like busts.

But how many times do people make an immeidate impact when they're drafted?

You have to see this.

You have to award a rookie at least a season.

It's foolish not to.

We'll see how these players fare in 2011. Then the bust talk can start. And I will not have any evidence to refute it if they're still sucking balls.

I hated Morris when he was signed too.

And I HATED Gruden when they traded for him.

But I was smart enough to give them time. If you do not do that you just look like a **CENSORED**ing idiot. No way around it bro.

You have to give it time. It's the NFL, not Poker.

burger40

Hall of Famer

#7 : October 28, 2010, 12:42:39 AM

umm we haven't seen much of Price or Lewis. McCoy has done as well as sapp to this point in his "career" and Benn has been doing everything they've asked...he's blocked well, he's caught every ball thrown his way, he's not blowing people away but he's not doing anything wrong either....so what is the beef with Benn?

"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." Alexis de Tocqueville

Coach

Rookie

#8 : October 28, 2010, 06:52:06 AM

I completely don't understand the Price hate.  He's injured- that's concerning.  However, when he was on the field, he was the best UT we had technique wise.   Of course, like every young DT he still needs work vs. the run, but he outplayed McCoy.

DiSalvo

Starter

#9 : October 28, 2010, 07:44:03 AM

Coach wrote:
I completely don't understand the Price hate.  He's injured- that's concerning.  However, when he was on the field, he was the best UT we had technique wise.   Of course, like every young DT he still needs work vs. the run, but he outplayed McCoy.

That is the problem though , Price can never play UT , regardless of who is better , because McCoy makes too much money and HAS to be out there.

This is why it was idiotic to draft two players that high at the same position ....so many other needs we could have tried to fill - including defensive end  which is obviously one of our biggest weak spots. Instead we draft a platoon guy ??

As for trading up to get Areallylousy Bust , errrrrr Arrelious benn , dont even get me started....

Coach

Rookie

#10 : October 28, 2010, 07:52:03 AM

DiSalvo wrote:
Coach wrote:

That is the problem though , Price can never play UT , regardless of who is better , because McCoy makes too much money and HAS to be out there.

This is why it was idiotic to draft two players that high at the same position ....so many other needs we could have tried to fill - including defensive end  which is obviously one of our biggest weak spots. Instead we draft a platoon guy ??

As for trading up to get Areallylousy Bust , errrrrr Arrelious benn , dont even get me started....

I refuse to debate with anyone who labels a player a bust after 6 games.

DiSalvo

Starter

#11 : October 28, 2010, 07:54:52 AM

cyberdude558 wrote:

It's a great point , though.

If anyone had told me before the start of the season that the bucs would be 4-2 this season , and all 1st 4 draft picks would look like garbage cans , I would have laughed in thier face !

DiSalvo

Starter

#12 : October 28, 2010, 07:57:12 AM

Coach wrote:
DiSalvo wrote:
Coach wrote:

I refuse to debate with anyone who labels a player a bust after 6 games.

You consider every player good until proven a bust  .

I consider every player a bust until proven good .

Deal with it.

Coach

Rookie

#13 : October 28, 2010, 07:59:01 AM

DiSalvo wrote:

Deal with it.

They have a word for these players:

Unproven.

Unproven=/=Bust

DiSalvo

Starter

#14 : October 28, 2010, 08:05:15 AM

Coach wrote:
DiSalvo wrote:

Deal with it.

They have a word for these players:

Unproven.

Unproven=/=Bust

Unproven players with superior ability still FLASH from time to time. Arrelious Bustilous has about as much flash  as a sparkler soaked in ice water. Frank Murphy showed more flash than this bum...

Page: 1 2 3 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Have you guys thought about this? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools