Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Have you guys thought about this? « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6

burger40

Hall of Famer

#75 : October 30, 2010, 09:20:24 PM

DiSalvo wrote:
.... and in case you were wondering .... Biggs still hasn't answered the question .

I'll ask it again . It's a simple question. After only playing for 1 season , was it too early to call Dexter Jackson ( a 2nd round pick ) a bust ??

It's a Yes or No answer ...even a dunce like you has a 50% chance of getting it correct.

you actually can call DJ a bust since he looked absolutely horrible all the time and never amounted to anything afterwards. benn has no drops, no whiffs on blocks, and has yet to disappoint when called upon. also has been doing great work on ST....

now if Biggs had called Dexter Jackson a bust after a few games then you can criticize him for that but Benn and DJ are worlds apart. Dexter never showed any flash of ability and Benn has shown plenty.

"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." Alexis de Tocqueville

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#76 : October 30, 2010, 10:30:01 PM

What in the hell did Coach Noll do you to to be used as a comparison to the shat being tossed in this thread Biggs?

DiSalvo - while many including myself had hopes for Dexter, Dexter showed a level of play that clearly defined him as not being NFL material.  The buccs were desperate for speed at the time - and Dexter had that - but that was the end of his football fit.  He worked himself off the team in record speed - by diving to the ground to avoid contact.  

So yes, Dexter Jackson was a bust in record time - and no one in this year's rookie class has shown to be anywhere near hopeless, helpless or without a future in the league to the level Dexter showed Gruden, Allen and Mann.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#77 : October 30, 2010, 11:20:36 PM

dbucfan wrote:
What in the hell did Coach Noll do you to to be used as a comparison to the shat being tossed in this thread Biggs?

LMAO...You're right.  I've already penned Coach Noll a letter of apology.

DiSalvo

Starter

#78 : October 31, 2010, 12:07:19 PM

So, you've all just admited that sometimes it IS early enough to call a player a bust. In fact, you've all done it ! LOL

After accepting that fact, it just becomes a matter of opinion of who is bust worthy and how soon....thanks for proving my point.

Now ,shut the hell up .

( Disclaimer: I still think McCoy could be good one day, if he hits the weight room hard and gets stronger. As of now , he sucks . Period )

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#79 : October 31, 2010, 12:19:38 PM

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#80 : October 31, 2010, 02:52:33 PM

DiSalvo wrote:
So, you've all just admited that sometimes it IS early enough to call a player a bust. In fact, you've all done it ! LOL

After accepting that fact, it just becomes a matter of opinion of who is bust worthy and how soon....thanks for proving my point.

Now ,shut the hell up .

You don't have a point if that is what you're claim determines the conclusion.  Suspect on the next board you will wait a lot longer for folks to respond to your ... conversational points.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

DiSalvo

Starter

#81 : November 01, 2010, 07:39:33 AM

I have an excellent point , and that's why you can't dispute it. We've all called guys busts  early at one time or another , so get off your high-horse.

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#82 : November 01, 2010, 08:37:05 AM

Let's say the following happens: Either Price OR McCoy turns out to be a good DT. One but not the other.
Lewis bombs, but Benn becomes a quality WR starter.
Is it a bust draft? Of course not given what you got out of the back end of the draft. MW, Grimm, etc.
You don't just rip a GM for half of a draft! The idea of getting a lot of picks is that you could SUCCEED in any manner. What we would do would be the definition of unorthodox. You'd love to succeed everywhere. But if we get better, in some cases substantially, you take it.

In Verner We Trust

tbucsfan56

Second String

#83 : November 01, 2010, 08:50:11 AM

We are 5-2, tied for frist place and those players will take care of business in time. Some of you work to hard to be negative. You are not a coach so stop.
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Have you guys thought about this? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools