Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Adam Schefter, "Tampa Bay looking like the best team in the NFC -- Yeah, I said it." « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 5

lolTampa

Hall of Famer
: October 31, 2010, 06:38:26 PM

http://twitter.com/adam_schefter

:laugh:

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#1 : October 31, 2010, 06:46:56 PM

Dammit Schefter, quit raising expectations.

cyberdude558

Hall of Famer

#2 : October 31, 2010, 06:54:08 PM

LOL!

Best team in the NFC doesn't blow a 17 point lead in 3 minutes.

GMC 93

Hall of Famer

#3 : October 31, 2010, 07:16:34 PM

Exactly.

Formerly known as Revis Islander

lolTampa

Hall of Famer
#4 : October 31, 2010, 07:27:13 PM

Yet we took lead back and got an int! stfu!

lolTampa

Hall of Famer
#5 : October 31, 2010, 07:37:15 PM

Yet we took lead back and got an int! stfu!

escobar

Hall of Famer

#6 : October 31, 2010, 07:58:45 PM

Biggs3535 wrote:

It blows me away that you are unable to see how Raheem's comments didn't raise the expectations for this team.

Ft Myers Buc Fan

Hall of Famer
#7 : October 31, 2010, 08:02:01 PM

The bottom line is that Raheem made those comments, then his team went into a hostile environment and got the win and backed up his comments.  That is huge for this young team.

bucwildfan

Starter

#8 : October 31, 2010, 08:03:19 PM

Some fans won't be pleased until this team scores 40 points a game and they can just sit back get fat and eat chicken wings. I like the fact this team can come back and win it. Which elite team doesn't make mistakes? I'm glad this team is young and are experiencing this because with this experience it can take them far. I'm glad bucs won today. ATL IS NEXT!

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#9 : October 31, 2010, 08:06:24 PM

escobar wrote:
Biggs3535 wrote:

It blows me away that you are unable to see how Raheem's comments didn't raise the expectations for this team.

Does it blow you away that almost every football person in the media, including Brian Billick in today's booth, said that his comment means nothing?  Only media people and a few melodramatic fans are making this out to be more than it is.

Winning raises expectations, not a meaningless quote from Week 7 of the season.

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#10 : October 31, 2010, 08:07:46 PM

4 interceptions plus another one called back. Looks like Morris' D has his back.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#11 : October 31, 2010, 08:07:58 PM

escobar wrote:
Biggs3535 wrote:

Does it blow you away that almost every football person in the media, including Brian Billick in today's booth, said that his comment means nothing?  Only media people and a few melodramatic fans are making this out to be more than it is.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#12 : October 31, 2010, 08:08:11 PM

Biggs3535 wrote:

Agree with that ^^^

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

escobar

Hall of Famer

#13 : October 31, 2010, 08:09:37 PM

Ft Myers Buc Fan wrote:
The bottom line is that Raheem made those comments, then his team went into a hostile environment and got the win and backed up his comments.  That is huge for this young team.

Backing up the comments means beating a winning team, several of them actually. As I said earlier this week, these are the games we are supposed to win now, games against Arizona, Cleveland, etc. The stupid line " you are what your record says you are" should be changed to " you are what your schedule says you are", that's FAR more accurate.

Next week against Atlanta is key. Considering how we've played against winning teams this year I'm just looking for us to keep it close, that will show a lot. I do think we can win the game, but we're going to have to play a lot better than we have the past couple of weeks.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#14 : October 31, 2010, 08:11:55 PM

escobar wrote:
Backing up the comments means beating a winning team, several of them actually. As I said earlier this week, these are the games we are supposed to win now, games against Arizona, Cleveland, etc. The stupid line " you are what your record says you are" should be changed to " you are what your schedule says you are", that's FAR more accurate.

I didn't think 3-13 teams were "supposed" to win any games.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.
Page: 1 2 3 ... 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Adam Schefter, "Tampa Bay looking like the best team in the NFC -- Yeah, I said it." « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools