Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Adam Schefter, "Tampa Bay looking like the best team in the NFC -- Yeah, I said it." « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

lolTampa

Hall of Famer
#15 : October 31, 2010, 08:15:42 PM

escobar wrote:
Ft Myers Buc Fan wrote:
The bottom line is that Raheem made those comments, then his team went into a hostile environment and got the win and backed up his comments.  That is huge for this young team.

Backing up the comments means beating a winning team, several of them actually. As I said earlier this week, these are the games we are supposed to win now, games against Arizona, Cleveland, etc. The stupid line " you are what your record says you are" should be changed to " you are what your schedule says you are", that's FAR more accurate.

Next week against Atlanta is key. Considering how we've played against winning teams this year I'm just looking for us to keep it close, that will show a lot. I do think we can win the game, but we're going to have to play a lot better than we have the past couple of weeks.

You're an idiot the Falcons play the same schedule as us does that mean they aren't good? Yeah shut up

escobar

Hall of Famer

#16 : October 31, 2010, 08:22:51 PM

Biggs3535 wrote:
escobar wrote:
Biggs3535 wrote:
Dammit Schefter, quit raising expectations.

It blows me away that you are unable to see how Raheem's comments didn't raise the expectations for this team.

Does it blow you away that almost every football person in the media, including Brian Billick in today's booth, said that his comment means nothing?  Only media people and a few melodramatic fans are making this out to be more than it is.

Winning raises expectations, not a meaningless quote from Week 7 of the season.

Not once did I hear BB say the comment meant "nothing". He essentially felt it was for motivation and to build confidence, if I'm wrong provide me a link to an audio clip where he says it meant nothing. Having said that, many on this site including you I believe said Raheem was just being sarcastic and was just poking fun at the media. That's also not what BB said today.

We're just going to have to agree to disagree on the expectations bit. If I'm a coach or a player in the NFL and the coach of the team I'm about to face just stated they are the best in the conference, I'm expecting a higher level of play out of that team than I would have had the comment never been said. To me that equals raised expectations. You've now put a bold statement out there for the rest of the NFL to see that you feel you are the best in the conference, whether you really meant it or not (I believe he did) that level of play is going to be expected from your team, where as before it wouldn't have been.

Next week in Atlanta will clear a lot of this up.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#17 : October 31, 2010, 08:24:41 PM

Enjoy the win folks - hard fought, lots of seriously good individual and team play.  Boy - did Aqib have a game or what?

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

cyberdude558

Hall of Famer

#18 : October 31, 2010, 08:24:41 PM

BuddyHobbs321813 wrote:
escobar wrote:
Ft Myers Buc Fan wrote:
The bottom line is that Raheem made those comments, then his team went into a hostile environment and got the win and backed up his comments.  That is huge for this young team.

Backing up the comments means beating a winning team, several of them actually. As I said earlier this week, these are the games we are supposed to win now, games against Arizona, Cleveland, etc. The stupid line " you are what your record says you are" should be changed to " you are what your schedule says you are", that's FAR more accurate.

Next week against Atlanta is key. Considering how we've played against winning teams this year I'm just looking for us to keep it close, that will show a lot. I do think we can win the game, but we're going to have to play a lot better than we have the past couple of weeks.

You're an idiot the Falcons play the same schedule as us does that mean they aren't good? Yeah shut up

The Falcons beat the Saints...a team that destroyed us.

Next week's game is another statement game. If the Bucs get destroyed again like they did against NO and PITT, we will know if this team is for real or just another pretender.

escobar

Hall of Famer

#19 : October 31, 2010, 08:25:25 PM

Feel Real Good wrote:
escobar wrote:

I didn't think 3-13 teams were "supposed" to win any games.

As I've said five million times, it's obvious we have improved this season, to the point that we are now beating teams we should beat. Is there a reason you continue to ignore me saying that?

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#20 : October 31, 2010, 08:25:42 PM

Cyber - did you enjoy any part of today's game?

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

lolTampa

Hall of Famer
#21 : October 31, 2010, 08:26:21 PM

cyberdude558 wrote:
BuddyHobbs321813 wrote:
escobar wrote:
Ft Myers Buc Fan wrote:

The Falcons beat the Saints...a team that destroyed us.

Next week's game is another statement game. If the Bucs get destroyed again like they did against NO and PITT, we will know if this team is for real or just another pretender.

Alright using that logic the Cardinals beat the Saints and the Bucs beat the Cardinals so what now?

escobar

Hall of Famer

#22 : October 31, 2010, 08:27:13 PM

BuddyHobbs321813 wrote:
escobar wrote:
Ft Myers Buc Fan wrote:

F for effort.

Countless reasons we shouldn't be comparing ourselves to Atlanta yet, considering you don't realize that there's no reason to give you much more of a response than this.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#23 : October 31, 2010, 08:37:09 PM

escobar wrote:
Not once did I hear BB say the comment meant "nothing". He essentially felt it was for motivation and to build confidence, if I'm wrong provide me a link to an audio clip where he says it meant nothing. Having said that, many on this site including you I believe said Raheem was just being sarcastic and was just poking fun at the media. That's also not what BB said today.

I won't be watching the 4 hour football game to provide you with an audio clip of what Billick said.  Whatever his exact words were, the gist was completely the opposite of "expectations have been raised".

And I never once said Morris was being sarcastic or poking fun at the media - although that probably had a lot to do with it.  I've continually said it was meaningless.  I actually agree with you that it was something he shouldn't have said, but I didn't get all melodramatic because I realize it was meaningless in the grand scheme of things.  Tampa Bay or Arizona didn't try to win this game any more because of Morris' quote.

escobar wrote:

Clear what up?  Regardless of what the coach says at a PC, I don't think many here with a clue are under the impression that the Bucs are best team in the NFC.  I know I'm not.

If you're waiting for the Bucs to lose to Atlanta as some sort of confirmation that "expectations were raised", knock yourself out.  I don't see the Bucs winning next week, especially with Atlanta coming off of a bye week.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#24 : October 31, 2010, 08:39:21 PM

dbucfan wrote:
Cyber - did you enjoy any part of today's game?

Hell yeah.  The part Arizona scored 2 TD's in a span of 40 seconds brought him to climax.

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#25 : October 31, 2010, 08:40:21 PM

That atlanta comment just seems like a veiled confession that you are hoping Tampa Bay loses next week.

bibfortuna

Second String
#26 : October 31, 2010, 08:42:52 PM

Darnell Dockett was a lucky guy today. He had a ringside view of two of the prettiest long balls you could ever see.

lolTampa

Hall of Famer
#27 : October 31, 2010, 08:44:36 PM

escobar wrote:
BuddyHobbs321813 wrote:
escobar wrote:
Ft Myers Buc Fan wrote:

F for effort.

Countless reasons we shouldn't be comparing ourselves to Atlanta yet, considering you don't realize that there's no reason to give you much more of a response than this.

Or you just can't come up with something  B)

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#28 : October 31, 2010, 08:50:56 PM

Biggs3535 wrote:
escobar wrote:

I won't be watching the 4 hour football game to provide you with an audio clip of what Billick said.  Whatever his exact words were, the gist was completely the opposite of "expectations have been raised".

And I never once said Morris was being sarcastic or poking fun at the media - although that probably had a lot to do with it.  I've continually said it was meaningless.  I actually agree with you that it was something he shouldn't have said, but I didn't get all melodramatic because I realize it was meaningless in the grand scheme of things.  Tampa Bay or Arizona didn't try to win this game any more because of Morris' quote.

escobar wrote:

Clear what up?  Regardless of what the coach says at a PC, I don't think many here with a clue are under the impression that the Bucs are best team in the NFC.  I know I'm not.

If you're waiting for the Bucs to lose to Atlanta as some sort of confirmation that "expectations were raised", knock yourself out.  I don't see the Bucs winning next week, especially with Atlanta coming off of a bye week.

The only people Morris' statement had and effect on are the media hacks who have to sit around all day waiting for the next breath out of the coaches' mouths so they have something to write about and all the drama queens.......all the rest of us noticed the slight smirk in the corner of Rah's mouth as he said that and knew exactly how to take his comment.

escobar

Hall of Famer

#29 : October 31, 2010, 08:52:08 PM

Biggs3535 wrote:
escobar wrote:

escobar wrote:

Nobody is getting melodramatic. As I said in the thread last week, if people respond to my posts I'm going to respond to them, that's the entire purpose of a forum. It's not as if I created a thread and then responded to myself over and over again. Did you expect me to start a thread, read opposing viewpoints, and then say "you know what, you're right, I'll stop posting my opinion on this topic now and lock the thread" ? Is that how things should work around here? Perhaps you just want a forum where everyone agrees with you? Where people back down or change their stance to fit in? Who knows, but I'm not like that. I can handle people disagreeing with my opinion, maybe you can't. If you disagree with my takes, don't respond to them. Seems things would work out better that way.

Next week we will show how the progress is coming along, that's what I meant. I hope you aren't implying that I hope we lose.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Adam Schefter, "Tampa Bay looking like the best team in the NFC -- Yeah, I said it." « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools