Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Adam Schefter, "Tampa Bay looking like the best team in the NFC -- Yeah, I said it." « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#60 : October 31, 2010, 10:45:57 PM

There is a difference between being frankly critical and overtly negative.  I haven't seen too many posters bothered by the former.

All The Way Tampa Bay

Hall of Famer
#61 : October 31, 2010, 10:45:59 PM

escobar wrote:
bradentonian wrote:
escobar wrote:
bradentonian wrote:
escobar wrote:
Why else would anyone get so excited about beating the teams we are beating?

Because we couldn't beat them last year?

We beat the Saints last year, we COULD have beat those other teams last year too. That's the issue I had with Raheem, I felt he wasn't getting the most out of the talent this team had. Where this team has improved the most, IMO, is mentally. They believe they can win, last year they didn't. The difference in body language between the two teams during a game is incredible. I don't know if it's Raheem, if it's the natural progression of our younger players, or a combo of both. I don't care which it is, I'm just glad something changed. Maybe that's why I'm not as ecstatic as the others, I felt this team had this potential all along, it just wasn't coming out. The next big step is consistent competitive performances against winning teams, that starts this Sunday.

But the fact is we only won 3 games last year, and lost to some poor teams.  The fact that we are winning this year shows tremendous growth, as you point out.  Isn't that worth getting excited over?

Sure, but to what extent? So much so that people feel the need to call others out for mentioning a weakness this team may have? We beat the teams we beat and that makes this team immune to negative feedback? It's getting laughable, PR needs to start including pom poms with every new subscription, maybe even a cute little cheerleading outfit.

Anyway, I'm out....time to go explore the Mojave Wasteland.

sorry

Page: 1 ... 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Adam Schefter, "Tampa Bay looking like the best team in the NFC -- Yeah, I said it." « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools