Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Titan Fans on Blount now « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

baybuc35

*
Hall of Famer
******
Posts : 2047
Offline
: October 31, 2010, 10:25:03 PM

They are not happy i thought it would be funny to see what they where saying today about letting blount go. it seems to be a pouplar topic they have 11 pages on it.
 This link starts you on page 11
http://www.gotitans.com/goForum/showthread.php?t=64543&page=11

My faviorte post by Eddyc85
Well lets keep track shall we?

Since week 3 when Blount started (and keep in mind he didn't play in week 6 and the Bucs have had their bye week).

Blount: 44 Carries, 222 Yards, 5 YPC, 3 Touchdowns

Johnson: 154 Carries, 545 Yards, 3.5 YPC, 6 Touchdowns

And again that's with Johnson having 2 more games played. But Blount can't play special teams so we wouldn't use him because he's clearly not very good. The question to me isn't "Can Blount play special teams" it should have been "Can Ringer play special teams." What I love is how the "Who cares if we cut Blount our special teams is better and Blount wasn't that great in the pre season" crowd seems to have vanished. Wonder why?


Hit55Fan

******
Hall of Famer

Posts : 2394
Offline
#1 : October 31, 2010, 10:31:03 PM

ok.. ill take CJ..

baybuc35

*
Hall of Famer
******
Posts : 2047
Offline
#2 : October 31, 2010, 10:34:03 PM

lol who would not but i just it was a good post to know how well blount is doing in two real games played... but i bet you will also take down that pic down of caddy


PassTheBlount

*
Practice Squad

Posts : 18
Offline
#3 : October 31, 2010, 10:42:26 PM

Blount would have been a great chance of pace back for them, oh well.

maybe huggins and blount can be the backfield of the future for us...hmmmmmmmmmm

michael89156

******
Hall of Famer

Posts : 11435
Offline
#4 : October 31, 2010, 10:46:59 PM

PassTheBlount wrote:
Quote
Blount would have been a great chance of pace back for them, oh well.

maybe huggins and blount can be the backfield of the future for us...hmmmmmmmmmm







Hope so......then we can focus on other things in the draft.  A DE for starters, and I would like to see the team draft a pit bull MLB.  Then O-line.

SunnyD

******
Hall of Famer

Posts : 8571
Offline
#5 : October 31, 2010, 11:10:22 PM

Javon Ringer is no slouch.

5.2 yards per carry and he has been more effective than Chris Johnson on a per touch basis some games.

I don't think the Titans release of Blount will have all that big of an affect on their season in the grand scheme of things.

Or season however?

The Blount dimension of our offense might make us a playoff team.

Benchwarmer#1

******
Hall of Famer

Posts : 12227
Online
#6 : October 31, 2010, 11:28:53 PM

I like the kid, I really do. I just worry that, along with the "possibility" of him flipping out again, that some of his intangibles have yet to have been tested fully. I'm not saying he's going to suck. I'm just saying that he's young still and might have tendencies that are bad at the NFL level. If he learns to grow with this group he could be a legitimate starting RB. He's sure showing it.

Bash as you will, as I know there has been some Blount-smoking going on along with all the kool-ade drinking.

...I don't blame you though. About to join ya. ...Hard not to.

PassTheBlount

*
Practice Squad

Posts : 18
Offline
#7 : October 31, 2010, 11:36:38 PM

Benchwarmer#1 wrote:
Quote
I like the kid, I really do. I just worry that, along with the "possibility" of him flipping out again, that some of his intangibles have yet to have been tested fully. I'm not saying he's going to suck. I'm just saying that he's young still and might have tendencies that are bad at the NFL level. If he learns to grow with this group he could be a legitimate starting RB. He's sure showing it.

Bash as you will, as I know there has been some Blount-smoking going on along with all the kool-ade drinking.

...I don't blame you though. About to join ya. ...Hard not to.



look at my username lol

its too early to declare him the RB of the future, but he defiantly has the look of a workhorse RB. I've heard comparisons to a certain Tampa RB from the past, but i refuse to buy into that after two weeks against two weak defenses


excited to see what he can do in the upcoming weeks

JDouble

*
Hall of Famer
******
Posts : 28399
Offline
#8 : October 31, 2010, 11:43:22 PM

Obviously if a 20 year old kid loses his head and punches another man....he is a useless scumbag forever and should never be given another chance, as this one moment of bad judgment immediatly negates all of his ridiculous freak abilites on the football field....Hahahahaha.

Draft Aaron Donald



Benchwarmer#1

******
Hall of Famer

Posts : 12227
Online
#9 : November 01, 2010, 12:18:16 AM

JDouble wrote:
Quote
Obviously if a 20 year old kid loses his head and punches another man....he is a useless scumbag forever and should never be given another chance, as this one moment of bad judgment immediatly negates all of his ridiculous freak abilites on the football field....Hahahahaha.


I agree with your sarcasm. Many NFL teams loss, that's for sure. People do make mistakes after all.

Even though he did have only one "outburst", it unfortunately places a questionmark on him though. Just as we saw in his draft status. Teams don't want to buy into any kind of M Vick situation if they can help it.

In our particular situation, what could it hurt if he was some sort of gang member/drug dealer anyhow? We had nothing to lose in his signing. So far, It's looking like we just got very lucky, or Dom's a genius.

notabucsfan

******
Hall of Famer

Posts : 3077
Offline
#10 : November 01, 2010, 12:22:25 AM

From what I remember Titans never expected him to get picked up off Waivers and they thought he was going to the practice squad. I am pretty sure I remember when he did get picked up that they were pretty furious they let him slip away. But Javon Ringer is no slouch and he is a great back up to CJ.

JDouble

*
Hall of Famer
******
Posts : 28399
Offline
#11 : November 01, 2010, 12:56:31 AM

Benchwarmer#1 wrote:
Quote
JDouble wrote:
Quote
Obviously if a 20 year old kid loses his head and punches another man....he is a useless scumbag forever and should never be given another chance, as this one moment of bad judgment immediatly negates all of his ridiculous freak abilites on the football field....Hahahahaha.


I agree with your sarcasm. Many NFL teams loss, that's for sure. People do make mistakes after all.

Even though he did have only one "outburst", it unfortunately places a questionmark on him though. Just as we saw in his draft status. Teams don't want to buy into any kind of M Vick situation if they can help it.

In our particular situation, what could it hurt if he was some sort of gang member/drug dealer anyhow? We had nothing to lose in his signing. So far, It's looking like we just got very lucky, or Dom's a genius.


That's the funny part though. He isn't into gangs, guns, drugs, or alcohol. He's never been arrested for anything. He's a bit country, soft spoken and always says sir and ma'am. He's actually a really good kid with good morals. The punch was very stupid, but people were so quick to label him and write him off, but we have rapists, face stompers, drug abusers, dog fighters, murderers, and drunks in the NFL that get all kinds of 2nd and 3rd chances. Is losing your temper and punching a guy when you are 20 worse than those things?

If he has a problem controling his temper or some chemical imbalance, then we should get him the help he needs to be a better well adjusted member of society. In return we get an absolute freak of nature at running back.

I read an article about how Graham and Caddie are his mentors and they have dinner together every Thursday. You couldn't ask for better mentors for this young man. He also became a father a few months back. The power of a daughter is a powerful thing. I think he has all the right things here in Tampa to create a situation where he can really grow as a man as well as a player.

Our gain is the rest of the NFLs loss. Mike Williams and LeGarrette Blount were probably the two biggest steals of the off season. Way to go Dom.

Draft Aaron Donald



PassTheBlount

*
Practice Squad

Posts : 18
Offline
#12 : November 01, 2010, 01:00:33 AM

JDouble wrote:
Quote
Benchwarmer#1 wrote:
Quote
JDouble wrote:
Quote
Obviously if a 20 year old kid loses his head and punches another man....he is a useless scumbag forever and should never be given another chance, as this one moment of bad judgment immediatly negates all of his ridiculous freak abilites on the football field....Hahahahaha.


I agree with your sarcasm. Many NFL teams loss, that's for sure. People do make mistakes after all.

Even though he did have only one "outburst", it unfortunately places a questionmark on him though. Just as we saw in his draft status. Teams don't want to buy into any kind of M Vick situation if they can help it.

In our particular situation, what could it hurt if he was some sort of gang member/drug dealer anyhow? We had nothing to lose in his signing. So far, It's looking like we just got very lucky, or Dom's a genius.


That's the funny part though. He isn't into gangs, guns, drugs, or alcohol. He's never been arrested for anything. He's a bit country, soft spoken and always says sir and ma'am. He's actually a really good kid with good morals. The punch was very stupid, but people were so quick to label him and right him off. If he has a problem controling his temper or some chemical imbalance, then we should get him the help he needs to be a better well adjusted member of society. In return we get an absolute freak of nature at running back.

I read an article about how Graham and Caddie are his mentors and they have dinner together every Thursday. You couldn't ask for better mentors for this young man. He also became a father a few months back. The power of a daughter is a powerful thing. I think he has all the right things here in Tampa to create a situation where he can really grow as a man as well as a player.

Our gain is the rest of the NFLs loss. Mike Williams and LeGarrette Blount were probably the two biggest steals of the off season. Way to go Dom.




So true, one mistake and he is labeled as a thug smh

i remember the punch and he was provoked so it wasnt like he was head hunting or anything

Oh well that was the past, hopefully he can write a better a future for himself as the RB of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers  :)

JDouble

*
Hall of Famer
******
Posts : 28399
Offline
#13 : November 01, 2010, 01:03:46 AM

Yep. The past is the past. I wish Derrick Brooks and father Dungy were around One Buc place more though, to help mentor these young men. One thing I really miss is being proud of the Buccaneer players both on AND off the field. I feel like we are getting back there though.

Draft Aaron Donald



notabucsfan

******
Hall of Famer

Posts : 3077
Offline
#14 : November 01, 2010, 01:05:44 AM

PassTheBlount wrote:
Quote
JDouble wrote:
Quote
Benchwarmer#1 wrote:
Quote
JDouble wrote:
Quote
Obviously if a 20 year old kid loses his head and punches another man....he is a useless scumbag forever and should never be given another chance, as this one moment of bad judgment immediatly negates all of his ridiculous freak abilites on the football field....Hahahahaha.


I agree with your sarcasm. Many NFL teams loss, that's for sure. People do make mistakes after all.

Even though he did have only one "outburst", it unfortunately places a questionmark on him though. Just as we saw in his draft status. Teams don't want to buy into any kind of M Vick situation if they can help it.

In our particular situation, what could it hurt if he was some sort of gang member/drug dealer anyhow? We had nothing to lose in his signing. So far, It's looking like we just got very lucky, or Dom's a genius.


That's the funny part though. He isn't into gangs, guns, drugs, or alcohol. He's never been arrested for anything. He's a bit country, soft spoken and always says sir and ma'am. He's actually a really good kid with good morals. The punch was very stupid, but people were so quick to label him and right him off. If he has a problem controling his temper or some chemical imbalance, then we should get him the help he needs to be a better well adjusted member of society. In return we get an absolute freak of nature at running back.

I read an article about how Graham and Caddie are his mentors and they have dinner together every Thursday. You couldn't ask for better mentors for this young man. He also became a father a few months back. The power of a daughter is a powerful thing. I think he has all the right things here in Tampa to create a situation where he can really grow as a man as well as a player.

Our gain is the rest of the NFLs loss. Mike Williams and LeGarrette Blount were probably the two biggest steals of the off season. Way to go Dom.




So true, one mistake and he is labeled as a thug smh

i remember the punch and he was provoked so it wasnt like he was head hunting or anything

Oh well that was the past, hopefully he can write a better a future for himself as the RB of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers  :)


It wasn't just the punch. It was a lot of  the way he acted after that punch, he started calling teammates out and fans out. Then it happend again in training camp. Hes a great player but he needs to keep his temper under control if he doesn't it might cost him a promising career. There is no reason a professional athlete should act that way. But so far, so good. Hopefully he can keep it up and have no problems down the road.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Titan Fans on Blount now « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools