Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Titan Fans on Blount now « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#15 : November 01, 2010, 12:24:32 PM

lazoran wrote:
PassTheBlount wrote:
JDouble wrote:
Benchwarmer#1 wrote:
JDouble wrote:
Obviously if a 20 year old kid loses his head and punches another man....he is a useless scumbag forever and should never be given another chance, as this one moment of bad judgment immediatly negates all of his ridiculous freak abilites on the football field....Hahahahaha.

I agree with your sarcasm. Many NFL teams loss, that's for sure. People do make mistakes after all.

Even though he did have only one "outburst", it unfortunately places a questionmark on him though. Just as we saw in his draft status. Teams don't want to buy into any kind of M Vick situation if they can help it.

In our particular situation, what could it hurt if he was some sort of gang member/drug dealer anyhow? We had nothing to lose in his signing. So far, It's looking like we just got very lucky, or Dom's a genius.

That's the funny part though. He isn't into gangs, guns, drugs, or alcohol. He's never been arrested for anything. He's a bit country, soft spoken and always says sir and ma'am. He's actually a really good kid with good morals. The punch was very stupid, but people were so quick to label him and right him off. If he has a problem controling his temper or some chemical imbalance, then we should get him the help he needs to be a better well adjusted member of society. In return we get an absolute freak of nature at running back.

I read an article about how Graham and Caddie are his mentors and they have dinner together every Thursday. You couldn't ask for better mentors for this young man. He also became a father a few months back. The power of a daughter is a powerful thing. I think he has all the right things here in Tampa to create a situation where he can really grow as a man as well as a player.

Our gain is the rest of the NFLs loss. Mike Williams and LeGarrette Blount were probably the two biggest steals of the off season. Way to go Dom.

So true, one mistake and he is labeled as a thug smh

i remember the punch and he was provoked so it wasnt like he was head hunting or anything

Oh well that was the past, hopefully he can write a better a future for himself as the RB of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers  :)

It wasn't just the punch. It was a lot of  the way he acted after that punch, he started calling teammates out and fans out. Then it happend again in training camp. Hes a great player but he needs to keep his temper under control if he doesn't it might cost him a promising career. There is no reason a professional athlete should act that way. But so far, so good. Hopefully he can keep it up and have no problems down the road.

He was punched in the face by a fan, that's when he went beserk. You can see it on youtube. I'm not making excuses, but I would react the same way if a punk *censored* tough guy in the stands punched me in the face while I was being restrained.

As far as the training camp thing, Blount is under a microscope becuase of the Boise Stae punch. The truth is every team has multiple fights between teamates every week in camp. The one with Blount in Titans camp was very minor. It's not like he swung a helmet and caused a teamate to get stitches like Talib did last year.

I'm not saying it couldn't still be a problem in the future, I worry about him losing his temper just like everyone else, but the truth is a viral youtube video makes everyone think he's some kind of exception, when the truth is he is the norm. Football players are violent guys, many lack control. Blount is just another guy that has to choose a path in life. The incident in college doesn't control the future.

real bucs fan

Practice Squad

#16 : November 01, 2010, 12:33:19 PM

JDouble wrote:
Benchwarmer#1 wrote:
JDouble wrote:
Obviously if a 20 year old kid loses his head and punches another man....he is a useless scumbag forever and should never be given another chance, as this one moment of bad judgment immediatly negates all of his ridiculous freak abilites on the football field....Hahahahaha.

I agree with your sarcasm. Many NFL teams loss, that's for sure. People do make mistakes after all.

Even though he did have only one "outburst", it unfortunately places a questionmark on him though. Just as we saw in his draft status. Teams don't want to buy into any kind of M Vick situation if they can help it.

In our particular situation, what could it hurt if he was some sort of gang member/drug dealer anyhow? We had nothing to lose in his signing. So far, It's looking like we just got very lucky, or Dom's a genius.

That's the funny part though. He isn't into gangs, guns, drugs, or alcohol. He's never been arrested for anything. He's a bit country, soft spoken and always says sir and ma'am. He's actually a really good kid with good morals. The punch was very stupid, but people were so quick to label him and write him off, but we have rapists, face stompers, drug abusers, dog fighters, murderers, and drunks in the NFL that get all kinds of 2nd and 3rd chances. Is losing your temper and punching a guy when you are 20 worse than those things?

If he has a problem controling his temper or some chemical imbalance, then we should get him the help he needs to be a better well adjusted member of society. In return we get an absolute freak of nature at running back.

I read an article about how Graham and Caddie are his mentors and they have dinner together every Thursday. You couldn't ask for better mentors for this young man. He also became a father a few months back. The power of a daughter is a powerful thing. I think he has all the right things here in Tampa to create a situation where he can really grow as a man as well as a player.

Our gain is the rest of the NFLs loss. Mike Williams and LeGarrette Blount were probably the two biggest steals of the off season. Way to go Dom.

I agree with everything you said here, and would like to add that I believe one of the benefits of having Morris as head coach, is that he can relate to these players, and the players can relate to him. It was very savvy of Dom to recognize that we present a great situation for talented players with problems to be given a chance. Williams and Blount have been nothing short of model citizens since they've been here, and could be piller for this franchise going forward...

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#17 : November 01, 2010, 12:43:22 PM

notabucsfan

Hall of Famer

#18 : November 01, 2010, 12:53:47 PM

JDouble wrote:
lazoran wrote:
PassTheBlount wrote:
JDouble wrote:
Benchwarmer#1 wrote:
JDouble wrote:

That's the funny part though. He isn't into gangs, guns, drugs, or alcohol. He's never been arrested for anything. He's a bit country, soft spoken and always says sir and ma'am. He's actually a really good kid with good morals. The punch was very stupid, but people were so quick to label him and right him off. If he has a problem controling his temper or some chemical imbalance, then we should get him the help he needs to be a better well adjusted member of society. In return we get an absolute freak of nature at running back.

So true, one mistake and he is labeled as a thug smh

i remember the punch and he was provoked so it wasnt like he was head hunting or anything

Oh well that was the past, hopefully he can write a better a future for himself as the RB of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers  :)

It wasn't just the punch. It was a lot of  the way he acted after that punch, he started calling teammates out and fans out. Then it happend again in training camp. Hes a great player but he needs to keep his temper under control if he doesn't it might cost him a promising career. There is no reason a professional athlete should act that way. But so far, so good. Hopefully he can keep it up and have no problems down the road.

He was punched in the face by a fan, that's when he went beserk. You can see it on youtube. I'm not making excuses, but I would react the same way if a punk *censored* tough guy in the stands punched me in the face while I was being restrained.

As far as the training camp thing, Blount is under a microscope becuase of the Boise Stae punch. The truth is every team has multiple fights between teamates every week in camp. The one with Blount in Titans camp was very minor. It's not like he swung a helmet and caused a teamate to get stitches like Talib did last year.

I'm not saying it couldn't still be a problem in the future, I worry about him losing his temper just like everyone else, but the truth is a viral youtube video makes everyone think he's some kind of exception, when the truth is he is the norm. Football players are violent guys, many lack control. Blount is just another guy that has to choose a path in life. The incident in college doesn't control the future.

Well I didn't see that he was punched by a fan but still he went after the fans and as must men when you have a guy coming after you, you are going to throw a punch. Blount should of never approached the fans and went after them and a punch wouldn't of been thrown at him. A professional athlete you can not let something like that happen. You have millions of people who are going to try and provoke you, you just need to keep your cool. He also tried to fight teammates after the incident. I saw the same thing with the hit in titans training camp. I just hope that doesn't become and issue because hes a great player but he needs to keep a cool head.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#19 : November 01, 2010, 01:05:11 PM

I hope he keeps his cool too.

I'll tell you what, our defense sucks atm, but on offense, I'd take Freeman, Winslow, Williams and Blount over any QB/WR/TE/RB group in the NFL. Thses guys are already exciting and they are all 22 except Winslow who is 27. It's a good feeling to know you wouldn't trade your guys for anyone elses.  :lol:

notabucsfan

Hall of Famer

#20 : November 01, 2010, 01:13:26 PM

JDouble wrote:
I hope he keeps his cool too.

I'll tell you what, our defense sucks atm, but on offense, I'd take Freeman, Winslow, Williams and Blount over any QB/WR/TE/RB group in the NFL. Thses guys are already exciting and they are all 22 except Winslow who is 27. It's a good feeling to know you wouldn't trade your guys for anyone elses.  :lol:

Yea I agree with you too. We have a great young core. Winslow has 3 years left in him still. I think our defense is only missing some real DEs tho and that is going to help tremendously to how they play. Freeman, M.Williams, and Blount is probably the best young QB/WR/RB combo in the league. This offense has the talent to truly be something special in the next couple years. Benn will come around and become a good number 2 and don't foget we also have Briscoe, Stroughter, Spurlock, and Parker still. Briscoe is an awesome pass catcher and can make some very diffulcult catches. I am excited about this offense and I wouldn't rule the defense out. We are missing a couple key pieces on that defense and our offense is missing a couple pieces too. Would love to see us draft a RB like Devine or Hunter to compliment blount and also put a stout OL in there.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#21 : November 01, 2010, 01:18:17 PM

JDouble wrote:

I'll tell you what, our defense sucks atm,

is this really necessary?

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#22 : November 01, 2010, 01:28:58 PM

GameTime wrote:
JDouble wrote:

I'll tell you what, our defense sucks atm,

is this really necessary?

What? Stating the obvious?

How about you pulling out part of a sentence from a large paragraph and quoting it? Is that necessary? I love our young team, but it's not all bunnies and rainbows dude. Our defense sucks. Sorry if you can't handle it, but that is the truth.

Perhaps if they'd begin playing defense at kickoff instead of waiting untill mid way thru the game to find that intensity....they could be atleast average.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#23 : November 01, 2010, 01:34:27 PM

i can handle the truth, i have trouble handling the reference on a public message board.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#24 : November 01, 2010, 01:38:09 PM

Lazoran, I'm hoping for a good 2nd HB to pair with Blount next year as well. I was very high on Huggins, but I don't think his chances are good. He was an undersized, undrafted longshot before, and now he has a torn ACL. He was a little guy that had speed and quickness. I don't see him ever being a part of our future now. Love to be wrong about that, but his chances are slim and none.

Caddie is a great mentor and I'm glad he is here this year to play that role, but I don't wanna see him resigned unless it's to be the #3 RB and continue the mentor role.

I have a few no name guys I like to fill that #2 spot. The first guy is a free agent named Tyrell Sutton. He's like the 3rd or 4th RB for the Panthers.

The other guy I like is a projected late round prospect out of Boise State name Doug Martin.

Both guys are short, very stocky, have great balance and speed. They aren't flashy. Just no nonsense tough little bastards that get the job done. Exactly what we need to pair with Blount imo.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#25 : November 01, 2010, 01:39:23 PM

GameTime wrote:
i can handle the truth, i have trouble handling the reference on a public message board.

What reference? I honestly don't understand what you are upset about.

notabucsfan

Hall of Famer

#26 : November 01, 2010, 01:47:48 PM

JDouble wrote:
Lazoran, I'm hoping for a good 2nd HB to pair with Blount next year as well. I was very high on Huggins, but I don't think his chances are good. He was an undersized, undrafted longshot before, and now he has a torn ACL. He was a little guy that had speed and quickness. I don't see him ever being a part of our future now. Love to be wrong about that, but his chances are slim and none.

Caddie is a great mentor and I'm glad he is here this year to play that role, but I don't wanna see him resigned unless it's to be the #3 RB and continue the mentor role.

I have a few no name guys I like to fill that #2 spot. The first guy is a free agent named Tyrell Sutton. He's like the 3rd or 4th RB for the Panthers.

The other guy I like is a projected late round prospect out of Boise State name Doug Martin.

Both guys are short, very stocky, have great balance and speed. They aren't flashy. Just no nonsense tough little bastards that get the job done. Exactly what we need to pair with Blount imo.

I actually know Tyrell Sutton who went to school around where I live and his father who works at a PD in the area of here. Tyrell is a great back but he isn't a quick and shifty back like Devine or Hunter could be. He does offer great field vision and is a pretty tough runner for his size though. And your right about Huggins I liked him a lot but the odds are against him but I woulnd't mind being wrong there.

I think you need to relax on our defense. They aren't playing very well but they are coming up with big plays and the secondary for the most part is playing awesome. We have no pass rush and no true MLB which is hurting the defense but that is going to be corrected in the off season.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#27 : November 01, 2010, 01:55:51 PM

JDouble wrote:

what reference?  how about the one i quoted?  not upset, but also no need for that on a public message board imo.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#28 : November 01, 2010, 01:56:55 PM

Oh don't get me wrong, I am amazed at how well Raheem has got our secondary playing. We have a 7th round rookie, a 7th round 2nd year guy that was on IR last year so he's basicly a rookie, another rookie in Myron Lewis, invisible strong safeties in Sabby and Sean Jones along with old man Barber and Talib....and we have no pass rush or support from the front seven....and some how they have been great!

It's the front seven that sucks. I think the D-line will get better with time as they are young and just need experience to improve, but our LB corp is weak and we have no DEs that can get to the QB. Nodody in the front seven can shed a block or stop the run. That's just the honest truth. I don't see it getting better this year, but next year when our young guys have more experience and we add some new talent through FA and the draft, hopefully we can start down the path to the glory days of being a great defense again.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#29 : November 01, 2010, 01:59:44 PM

GameTime wrote:
JDouble wrote:

what reference?  how about the one i quoted?  not upset, but also no need for that on a public message board imo.

I'm so confused. Are you saying that me stating my opinion that the defense sucks is the part that is inappropiate for a public messege board? Was it the word "sucks"? I just don't really understand where you are coming from or what you are trying to say. It almost seems like you're saying it's inappropriate for me to post anything unless it's positive.

Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Titan Fans on Blount now « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools