Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: When Sanchez has a poor running game.... he's a shadow of Freeman « previous next »
Page: 1 2

burger40

Hall of Famer

: November 01, 2010, 01:31:49 PM

Everyone has talked about Sanchez' great start in the media and how good his stats have been and that is actually hitting throws downfield. he's improved a lot to be sure but yesterday for the first time in quite a while his RBs only averaged 3.5 ypc. Up to that point LT2 had been averaging over 5 ypc. So what happened when Sanchez actually had to put the offense on his shoulders (keep in mind he has one perennial pro bowl WR in Holmes, another very good WR and matchup nightmare Edwards, a very good young TE Keller, and LT2 is still one of the best pass catching backs out there. and he has the best OL in the NFL)? 2 picks, 0 points on offense (one missed field goal that should've been made) a 16-38, well below 50%.

Freeman is proving that he is definitely better than "the sanchize", Freeman has less to work with on OL, until last 2 weeks a non-existent running game and a bunch of WRs who have a combined 2 years or so in teh NFL. Freeman had the easier matchup but he absolutely outplayed Sanchez and the Cards D still has 2 stud DL, Dockett and Campbell as well as a perennial Pro Bowler S Adrian Wilson and Dominique R-C is also a great cover corner.

Bottom line, Freeman is the better QB and with a running game to aid him he might just make a pro bowl run.

"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." Alexis de Tocqueville

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#1 : November 01, 2010, 02:44:53 PM

With a great team around him, we haven't gotten to see how well Sanchez responds to adversity (or not). And Sanchez is a year and a half older than Freeman. We tend to forget how young Freeman is.

burger40

Hall of Famer

#2 : November 01, 2010, 10:47:53 PM

anyone else have an opinion?

"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." Alexis de Tocqueville

notabucsfan

Hall of Famer

#3 : November 01, 2010, 10:54:41 PM

Its hard to say now they both are in their second year but right now it looks like Freeman has the edge. Jets offense right now way above the bucs offense but Freeman continues to produce but Freeman is also playing to make less mistakes and isn't taking a lot of chances. The game against the Cards was his most impressive and complete game IMO.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#4 : November 01, 2010, 11:14:56 PM

Id rather have Freeman at this point. I dont think Sanchez would have been able to come back and win the same amount of games that Freeman has.

Tom Voodoo

Rookie

#5 : November 01, 2010, 11:19:54 PM

While I agree Freeman is better, Sanchez is really good.  No one on his team (nor the refs) was doing him any favors yesterday.  Cotchery had 3 straight drops on one drive.  Neither one of those picks were his fault nor were they actually picks (the guy was already down).  

Again, I think Freeman is better, because I think he has more moxie than Sanchez, but don't believe the stat line or the people telling you Sachez isn't as good as we thought he was after yesterday.

DISCLAIMER:  I am in no way related to the former poster Java, I carried this name over from the TBBB and don\\\'t want to change it as I use it in almost every online setting.

Madman

Hall of Famer
#6 : November 01, 2010, 11:33:50 PM

Sanchez doesn't have anywhere near the arm, the size, or athletic ability Freeman has. I also think Freeman has a better head on his shoulders. Sky's the limit with Free.

Madman

Hall of Famer
#7 : November 01, 2010, 11:34:48 PM

Sanchez doesn't have anywhere near the arm, the size, or athletic ability Freeman has. I also think Freeman has a better head on his shoulders. Sky's the limit with Free.

TheChronicHotAir

Hall of Famer

#8 : November 01, 2010, 11:36:11 PM

The wind was wicked in N.J. yesterday.

notabucsfan

Hall of Famer

#9 : November 01, 2010, 11:37:00 PM

Its just hard two compare guys when they are not even two years into their career and they are both playing at a pretty good level. I just don't like doing it and its a debate that you really can't be wrong on.

michael89156

Hall of Famer

#10 : November 01, 2010, 11:44:15 PM

I liked Free over Sanchez from the start. I saw a lot of him at USC.  Looks like a decent pro, but seems in a rush all the time, has the happy feet quite often.  Our guy is a pretty cool cat out there.

nubcake

Hall of Famer

#11 : November 02, 2010, 12:59:46 AM

Sanchez wasn't AS bad as he looked yesterday. One of those INTs wasn't his fault and it was very windy(Rodgers struggled as well).

With that being said, it isn't even close right now. Sanchez has a vastly superior o-line, RB, and defense surrounding him(heck, he even has better receivers) and Freeman is still putting up better numbers in nearly every category. They're also polar opposites in the 4th quarter. Freeman's 4th quarter passer rating is 95.4, including 120.4 when within 7 points. Sanchez, as I've been telling Jets fans ALL year, cannot be counted on when the game is on the line. His 4th quarter passer rating is 57.7, and only 55.7 when within 7 points.

This might come as a surprise to the media when they finally realize it, but Freeman is well ahead of Sanchez at this point and that gap will probably continue to grow.

BuccinTex

Hall of Famer
#12 : November 02, 2010, 01:05:13 AM

I thought Sanchez would struggle and same with bradford.  I have to say both have played much better then I expected.   That said I didn't know the extent of the quality of team Sanchez would inherit.   He's got it made in many aspects.    I would take Freeman and only because of his 4th quarter comeback wins.   It's too early to say with any certainty that he's better in other ways.   No denying the clutch wins.   He will probably pass many vet QBs this year in that category it's crazy.

bucshot420

Starter

#13 : November 02, 2010, 01:27:24 AM

The comparison that I think of when I compare the two would be Elway and Jim Kelly.  Now before I get ripped for comparing Free to Elway.  I actually think he will have similar success if he keeps growing the way he has been. Rocket arm, lightning quick release, very elusive, a knack for 4th quarter comebacks, and fearless. To me Sanchez is more of a game manager that will hit plays down the field and will make more plays than not. While depending largely on a strong defense and very good running game.  Both are very good and will have good success but very different playing styles.

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
#14 : November 02, 2010, 01:30:18 AM

One must also remember Sanchez has started 22 games compared to Freeman's 16.

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: When Sanchez has a poor running game.... he's a shadow of Freeman « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools