Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Run the damn ball! « previous next »
Page: 1

SeedOfChucky33

Hall of Famer

: October 22, 2006, 07:40:19 PM

This stat says it all

... Tampa Bay's Carnell "Cadillac" Williams rushed for 82 yards on 23 attempts. The Bucs are 8-0 when he carries more than 20 times.

I hope Gruden and Co. are aware of that. It couldn't be spelled out any more clearly to me. We don't have the youth on defense to have them out on the feild all day. We don't have the experience at QB to be airing it out all the time. And above all, when we run, we win.

When you talk about what the college football experience is all about, that's it. Auburn is the epitome.
--Bud Poliquin, Syracuse Post-Standard
[/b]

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#1 : October 22, 2006, 07:42:24 PM

The WCO and Gruden's variant of it will ALWAYS have the short passing game that is viewed as equivalent to the run. That's why a mobile QB with excellent accuracy is ideal for this scheme.

#2 : October 22, 2006, 07:56:36 PM

And the short passing game end sup getting substituted for the run even more when the OL isnt opening holes and we are constantly in 3rd and 8s all day.

gone

Hall of Famer
#3 : October 22, 2006, 07:58:32 PM

This stat says it all

... Tampa Bay's Carnell "Cadillac" Williams rushed for 82 yards on 23 attempts. The Bucs are 8-0 when he carries more than 20 times.

I hope Gruden and Co. are aware of that. It couldn't be spelled out any more clearly to me. We don't have the youth on defense to have them out on the feild all day. We don't have the experience at QB to be airing it out all the time. And above all, when we run, we win.
Absolutely.  And ther'es absolutely NO correlation between leading in the second half and the number of runs you call.  PLEASE let's fire Gruden and make WDE our coach!

#4 : October 22, 2006, 08:05:13 PM

The Bucs are undefeated when the QB takes a knee at the end of the game. So, we should just do that every game and we'd never lose!

Or, maybe we take a knee because we're ahead, just like we run the ball because we're ahead.

gone

Hall of Famer
#5 : October 22, 2006, 08:05:56 PM

The Bucs are undefeated when the QB takes a knee at the end of the game. So, we should just do that every game and we'd never lose!

Or, maybe we take a knee because we're ahead, just like we run the ball because we're ahead.

PRE-cisely I think
?
lol

Timbuc2

Pro Bowler

#6 : October 22, 2006, 09:54:41 PM

This stat says it all

Personally I agree with you dude! He was gashing them in the second half. We had a couple of thid down tries ( third and 2, third and four ) . Both times he takes him out of the game and once threw to Alstott for a loss. The Eagles were not stopping Cadillac. To run the hell out of him like the beginning of last year and now use him sparingly...I don't get it. He wants the ball and the more that Gru runs him it opens up everything else. But it's Gru's world!!!

psymun

Starter
#7 : October 22, 2006, 10:02:34 PM

They've also never lost when they've scored more points than the other team...

Or when Matt Bryant kicks a field goal over 51 yards...

gone

Hall of Famer
#8 : October 22, 2006, 10:20:27 PM

I don't think they've lost while my good luck shirt is in the wash either.  It was wet last week, and I didn't wear it this week to keep the mojo up...
Sucks to not be wearing Bucs colors on sundays....
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Run the damn ball! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools