Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Elvis more success than Simeon? « previous next »
Page: 1 2

simms22

Second String

: October 22, 2006, 07:44:03 PM

If you dont know who Elvis Dumervil is, hes a rookie DE for Denver. Not only does he now have 5 sacks on the year, but he makes 250,000 and hasnt played in every game. Yet somehow, simeon rice makes near 6.5 million this year and has 1 sack and is due to make over 7 million next year. Simeon was good in his prime, but i can think of numberous players id rather spend 7 million dollars on than a who has 1 sack ::).

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#1 : October 22, 2006, 07:51:54 PM

Simeon was good in his prime, but i can think of numberous players id rather spend 7 million dollars on than a who has 1 sack.

For that kind of jack you can get three players.

simms22

Second String

#2 : October 22, 2006, 07:53:44 PM

Simeon was good in his prime, but i can think of numberous players id rather spend 7 million dollars on than a who has 1 sack.

For that kind of jack you can get three players.
yep.. we could get a few solid players for this 1 sack 7 mill player

#3 : October 22, 2006, 07:54:25 PM

Simeon is making more like 10 mil this year and next. I think you are forgetting his signing bonus which adds an additional 3 mil or so per year

Hit55Fan

Hall of Famer

#4 : October 22, 2006, 07:57:58 PM

Hmmm Who did denver play today? OH the browns.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#5 : October 22, 2006, 07:59:49 PM

I know who Elvis is.

Me and my bro watched him after he got his knee stomped on by Marcus Vick.

What a punk Marcus is.

Thanks for sparking up bad Vick memories.

Marcus who is a scrub on a PS gets more attention than Elvis Dumervil gets and he gets more sacks than most premier pas rushers do.

Hype sucks.  So does Marcus.

I hope Elvis gets a chane to smash Marcus for real one day.

simms22

Second String

#6 : October 22, 2006, 08:00:56 PM

Hmmm Who did denver play today? OH the browns.

um what would your point be? the guy had more sacks before this game (2) than simeon did anyway... and he makes around 1/8 to 1/9 of what simeon makes... nice try though.

Hit55Fan

Hall of Famer

#7 : October 22, 2006, 08:11:58 PM

Denver's D and O as a whole is so much better.. Your comparing apples to oranges..

For that you could say ANYONE has dont better..

simms22

Second String

#8 : October 22, 2006, 08:21:23 PM

Denver's D and O as a whole is so much better.. Your comparing apples to oranges..

For that you could say ANYONE has dont better..

What does that have to do with simeon's lack of production? Wyms has three sacks on the year and hes a DT and didnt didnt start till this week. The amount of money we are paying this guy is in the top tier for DE's and hes not producing period. I refuse to believe that dewayne white whose a backup wouldnt have atleast 1 sack, oh thats right he has three.

Hit55Fan

Hall of Famer

#9 : October 22, 2006, 08:25:37 PM

Its all about who plays next and around you.. Do you think Elvis is double teamed as much as sim? no.. When was the last time I saw a damn saftey blitz from us? I see denver doing it all the time with lynch like we used to..

White I think would be good replacement.. But Rice is still a good player.. But I do agree that next year we should be looking to go in another direction.. His salary is HUGE..

simms22

Second String

#10 : October 22, 2006, 08:29:33 PM

Its all about who plays next and around you.. Do you think Elvis is double teamed as much as sim? no.. When was the last time I saw a damn saftey blitz from us? I see denver doing it all the time with lynch like we used to..

White I think would be good replacement.. But Rice is still a good player.. But I do agree that next year we should be looking to go in another direction.. His salary is HUGE..

i am certainly not saying that rice isnt a good player, but for the amount we are paying him the numbers dont reflect it. He had one on one today a decent amount of time and couldn't get a sack. Im just saying that if we can get the same production out of a young guy and save money 5-6 million dollars than im all for it. This team needs too much help to afford to pay a guy that amount of money for what he has produced.

Hit55Fan

Hall of Famer

#11 : October 22, 2006, 08:30:57 PM

Well maybe they see that with booger going.. But you could make the same case for 55 to.. Sad to say

gone

Hall of Famer
#12 : October 22, 2006, 08:33:27 PM

Put Rice in on the Bears' D and he'd be solid.  But how many defenses are like that.  The guy's still good, but he's no longer great.  He's better at his job than Booger was, but he's getting paid to be dominating.  Cut his salary, I'd be happy to keep him, you could do worse.  But at his current rate, he's not worth it.  He's getting the job done, but he's not doing what he's PAID to do; dominate.

simms22

Second String

#13 : October 22, 2006, 08:35:02 PM

Well maybe they see that with booger going.. But you could make the same case for 55 to.. Sad to say

yeah brooks seems to be declining, but he is making 3 million base salary as opposed to simeon rice's 6.5 mill.. I dont see  brooks not retiring a buc, simeon im not so sure. I can think of a few players id love to go after with 7 million from rice...(lance briggs comes to mind).

BTownBucFan

Hall of Famer
#14 : October 22, 2006, 09:22:26 PM

I love simeon, but he's making it hard to stick up for him ... maybe I need to change my ole Booger Milk Carton to Simeon.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Elvis more success than Simeon? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools