Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Sir **CENSORED**-Alot Florio ranks Bucs 17th « previous next »
Page: 1 2

benir0

Hall of Famer

#15 : November 03, 2010, 08:25:47 AM

I think anywhere between Florio's ranking and about 12th is appropriate.  We need to beat a good team before we are considered "arrived."  This week, we have another chance at doing just that.  I can't blame Florio for the ranking after we performed so poorly in our two previous attempts against quality teams.

DanishBucFan

Second String
#16 : November 03, 2010, 10:14:31 AM

Florio really hates this franchise. He consistently goes out of his way to smack us in the mouth. I don't know if he had some bad oatmeal at OBP or what causes this  :P .

That being said I agree with the people above me saying that we need to beat a quality team before getting true credibility and moving into top 10 (although we rank 9 at CBS )

Even though we have 5 victories with an impressive 4 4th quarter comebacks, this also means that we haven't really won convincingly apart from the Panthers game.

In the end: who cares!! Give me a spot in the playoffs and they can rank us nr. 32 for all I care.

Watchman

Starter

#17 : November 03, 2010, 02:12:57 PM

Never understood why anyone really cared about power rankings.  Besides, until the Bucs post a win vs. a quality opponent they are still very much in the pretenders category.  The Bucs are 0 for 2 vs. qualtiy teams this year and they weren't even close.

The 5-2 record is great, and they have showed great progress when compared to last year.  But - just like McCoy's "lightbulb" finally going off, when it comes to the Bucs being one of the best teams in the league - I'll believe it when I see it.

Beat ATL, who cares about power rankings.

escobar

Hall of Famer

#18 : November 03, 2010, 02:47:48 PM

DanishBucFan wrote:
Florio really hates this franchise. He consistently goes out of his way to smack us in the mouth. I don't know if he had some bad oatmeal at OBP or what causes this  :P .

I take responsibility for this. Years ago when PFT was just starting out I got sick of reading in every one of their articles that "we broke the story first" or "as we predicted" etc. It seemed half the site was about sports the other half was about talking themselves up. So, I sent Florio an email telling him how tiresome it had become and that I'd never visit the site again because of it. At the time I had Bright House so my email ended in tampabay.rr.com. Yep, it's all my fault. :)

I did stick to my word though, haven't visited that crap site since the day I sent the email.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#19 : November 03, 2010, 03:07:38 PM

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/don_banks/11/03/nfl-power-rankings-week-9-2/index.html

SI have the Bucs @ 12.

clintro

Pro Bowler
#20 : November 03, 2010, 03:14:31 PM

Ahhhh.... who cares about national recognition and "experts" rankings of us.

It will all sort itself on the field, just win baby!!!

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Sir **CENSORED**-Alot Florio ranks Bucs 17th « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools