Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: NFL Network Top Ten Plays of the Week...4 Bucs on 3 plays..... « previous next »
Page: 1

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
: November 03, 2010, 09:13:31 AM

..... and none of them involve Josh Freeman or Mike Williams.

#10 Talib's pick 6
#7 Hayes' hit plus Ruud's interception
#2 Blount's 46 yard run

Freeman has his most complete game of the season and highest QB rating......ignored.

Mike Williams first 100+ yard reception game......ignored.

Mike & Mike mid-season awards, Bucs as surprise team and Raheem Morris and Bellicheck as best HCs.

Under the radar has vanished. The Bucs are in the spotlight.

This team still has issues, but they're easy to overlook when so many things are going right.

Atlanta has to feel a little uneasy right now.

Blaze688

Hall of Famer

#1 : November 03, 2010, 09:15:03 AM

It's nice being above the radar for the first time since... oh... 2005.  I'm still a bit worried about the Falcons; we've been annihilated by teams with winning records this season.

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#2 : November 03, 2010, 09:35:18 AM

Blount will make a difference, and the whole team has gained confidence in themselves. A rematch would not produce the same result. The Bucs have impact players they haven't even used yet.

My point here is that the Bucs are much more than just Freeman/Mike Williams.

Blaze688

Hall of Famer

#3 : November 03, 2010, 09:46:19 AM

Having a running game is a tremendous advantage.  Olson looks a lot more competent when we're not facing 3rd and 8 on every set of downs.

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#4 : November 03, 2010, 09:53:05 AM

This is what's meant by the term ''getting better as the season goes along.'' It's exciting and at some point we'll make the jump and beat elite teams too. Hopefully it happens now and not later.

In Verner We Trust

Chaos

Starter
#5 : November 03, 2010, 10:10:17 AM

Blaze688 wrote:
It's nice being above the radar for the first time since... oh... 2005.  I'm still a bit worried about the Falcons; we've been annihilated by teams with winning records this season.

I feel you, but the Falcons have struggled to win quite a few of those games, if we can establish the run game and control some clock I believe we can atleast keep the game close going into the 4th quarter.

Chaos

Starter
#6 : November 03, 2010, 10:11:02 AM

Blaze688 wrote:

I feel you, but the Falcons have struggled to win quite a few of those games, if we can establish the run game and control some clock I believe we can atleast keep the game close going into the 4th quarter.

BucsBay

Hall of Famer
#7 : November 03, 2010, 10:17:58 AM

If anyone wants to go watch.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-countdowns/09000d5d81bd25b2/Top-10-plays-of-Week-8

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#8 : November 03, 2010, 12:23:31 PM

The fowlgoons caught the Saints when they were struggling. They have not been a dominating force. They are strong at home, but not unbeatable. The Bucs have the weapons on offense, and one of the best defensive backfields in the league. The run D is improving and STs is a team strength. We can win this game. You can see the confidence building week after week.

nubcake

Hall of Famer

#9 : November 03, 2010, 05:17:45 PM

I'm happy to see all the other plays getting attention, but honestly that Freeman throw is getting overlooked and I can't understand why. That was an absolutely ridiculous, 99% perfect throw that probably about 5 or less QBs could hope to make. Half of them couldn't even get it that far.

Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: NFL Network Top Ten Plays of the Week...4 Bucs on 3 plays..... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools