Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Poll: Which college team do you support? « previous next »
Page: 1 2

Buc99

Practice Squad

: November 03, 2010, 11:45:24 AM

I have long been curious of the breakdown of loyalities amongst the Buc fanbase when it comes to college teams.  I realize not everyone follows college football, but to those who do, where do your loyalties lie?  I've long suspected that FSU fans take up the biggest piece of pie in this fanbase.  (I wanted to do more of an anonymous poll, but this software doesn't seem to have that option).

Blaze688

Hall of Famer

#1 : November 03, 2010, 12:01:19 PM

I follow college football, but I employ a sort of... reverse fandom.  I enjoy watching the mega-athletes, like Demps, Denard Robinson, Everett Brown, Suh, Calvin Johnson, etc., more than I care to follow any certain team.  I only live by one rule: I ****ing hate Rutgers, and hope they run out of funding for their football program.  I can't explain it.  Something about their stupid, flukey team just pisses me off.

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#2 : November 03, 2010, 09:08:09 PM

Oregon;)

Blaze688

Hall of Famer

#3 : November 03, 2010, 09:58:22 PM

oregonbucfan wrote:
Oregon;)

Erik Lorig was on 620AM today at 6:00.  He said Autzen was the loudest place he's ever played in.  He said the ground moved in that stadium.  Like an earthquake.  It was unstable.

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#4 : November 03, 2010, 10:05:21 PM

Rutgers in Division I.
TCNJ in Division III.

In Verner We Trust

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#5 : November 04, 2010, 10:37:24 AM

none really but I am a USF alum and was raised a Buckeye by my parents.  But the Bucs are the only sports team I am emotionally invested in.

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#6 : November 04, 2010, 08:46:40 PM

Blaze688 wrote:
oregonbucfan wrote:
Oregon;)

Erik Lorig was on 620AM today at 6:00.  He said Autzen was the loudest place he's ever played in.  He said the ground moved in that stadium.  Like an earthquake.  It was unstable.

yeah its wild, your basically on the field.  Adrian Peterson, Ex Wolverine coach Lloyd Carr, Jahvid Best, Auburn current or ex OC, and others have called it the loudest. I havent been to many "loud" CFB stadiums because the west coast doesnt get that loud (besides UW when they are good) only stadium that Ive been to thats known to be loud was Neyland which was loud but no where near as loud as Autzen. So I cant judge. But its top 5.

Loudest Ive heard it was in 2007 when ASU QB waved his hands in the air inside the redzone to taunt the crowd... ended up with 2 straight false starts and a wasted TO.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#7 : November 05, 2010, 06:02:08 PM

OBF, what is your honest opinion of LaMike as a pro prospect?  Namely as part of a duo with Blount on the Bucs.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#8 : November 05, 2010, 06:21:03 PM

I'm a lifelong Gator and did my MBA at UF

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#9 : November 06, 2010, 12:03:20 AM

Skull and Bones wrote:
OBF, what is your honest opinion of LaMike as a pro prospect?  Namely as part of a duo with Blount on the Bucs.

I think they are good... the guy is very strong for his size (plenty of times Ive seen him drag guys), has elite speed and great vision. If you get him in the open field forget about it. Doesnt have very good hands but he has improved night and day from last year. I think he will be mid 2nd-early 3rd talent.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#10 : November 06, 2010, 06:04:57 PM

oregonbucfan wrote:
Blaze688 wrote:
oregonbucfan wrote:
Oregon;)

yeah its wild, your basically on the field.  Adrian Peterson, Ex Wolverine coach Lloyd Carr, Jahvid Best, Auburn current or ex OC, and others have called it the loudest. I havent been to many "loud" CFB stadiums because the west coast doesnt get that loud (besides UW when they are good) only stadium that Ive been to thats known to be loud was Neyland which was loud but no where near as loud as Autzen. So I cant judge. But its top 5.

Loudest Ive heard it was in 2007 when ASU QB waved his hands in the air inside the redzone to taunt the crowd... ended up with 2 straight false starts and a wasted TO.

I've been to Auburn, Tuscaloosa, Neyland, FSU a few times, and of course the swamp. But louder than any of them was Death Valley in Baton Rouge.

Neyland is by far the biggest (though Bama has added @25000 seats since I've been there) but it is a shallow bowl and most of the noise just goes up and out. LSU has  much steeper sides and you get a lot more of an echo effect plus it is like everyone is right on top of the field.

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#11 : November 06, 2010, 07:32:53 PM

San Jose State and UNLV because I went to both and UCF because I have been to a few games.

Fitz66

Hall of Famer

#12 : December 08, 2010, 04:49:05 PM

<-  the other WVU guy on the board.

But I also root for any team who will help make the BCS look dumb.

www.Atlbucs.com
Facebook:  Atl Bucs

Col. Klink

Pro Bowler

#13 : December 08, 2010, 04:58:46 PM

USF.. and anybody playing Florida (unless it has MNC implications for the Bulls  8)  or Alabama ... Saban is the Anti-Christ)

A2Buc

Practice Squad
#14 : December 09, 2010, 06:44:50 AM

Michigan
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Poll: Which college team do you support? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools