Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Winslow = Disappointment? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

NavyBuc19

Hall of Famer
: November 03, 2010, 05:31:13 PM

Kellen Winslow has been very good this year when it comes to making clutch catches. He has been a good reason why Mike Williams has gotten as much yards as he has. He commands double teams and is a beast athletically. But he has definitely underproduced and has not been a factor in many games so far this season. Injury bug is not an excuse so is it Freeman not targeting K2 as much or is he being double teamed.

So far this season Winslow has 30 catches for 306 yards and is on pace for 66 receptions for 666 yards and 0 touchdowns.

At this point last year Winslow had 31 catches for 295 yards and 4 touchdowns. He also had Byron Leftwich and Josh Johnson as his quarterbacks throwing to him. Winslow's numbers had become more consistent in the second half of the season when he and Freeman were together but the touchdowns dropped to 1 in the last 9 games of the season with the Bucs. Freeman has thrown only 1 TD on 76 receptions to K2. Granted he had a TD pass called back on a bs call but does K2 become a ghost in the endzone due to being covered or Freeman wanting to go to Williams? I was just wondering if you guys think K2 has been worth the 6 million so far this year.

NavyBuc19

Hall of Famer
#1 : November 03, 2010, 05:37:42 PM

He is 14th overall among TEs in terms of yards but he is the highest paid TE in the league.

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
#2 : November 03, 2010, 05:38:33 PM

Yes. You have to game-plan for him. Take him out of the equation and MW19 won't do as well as he has. He is a very important cog

Chaos

Starter
#3 : November 03, 2010, 05:40:27 PM

I think he has drawn alot of the coverage that helps Williams get open. Notice in the Cardinals game that there were I believe 3 holding or pass interference calls on the cards defender that was covering K2. I think he is just more of a focus to defenders becasue of the year he had last year. With Williams playing the way he is, if we can keep spurlock on point and get Benn in the rotation more then I believe we will build an all around threat with our WR's and Winslow will have more opportunities. but right now defenses are just focusing on him and williams. Once we establish that dominant #2 reciever K2 will explode in one on one coverages

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#4 : November 03, 2010, 05:52:00 PM

Cant say that im disappointed hes on our team. He opens up things for williams and our other receivers.

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#5 : November 03, 2010, 05:54:15 PM

Yes.

He has made a ridiculous amount of clutch catches on 3rd and 4th down.

We wouldnt be 5-2 without him. probably 3-4 at best.

Also, Olie said he was getting doubled a lot at Arizona so that could explain why Mike Williams got so many 1v1 oppurtunities, such as the one on his 47 yard TD reception.

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#6 : November 03, 2010, 05:59:38 PM

BucBalla85 wrote:
Cant say that im disappointed hes on our team. He opens up things for williams and our other receivers.

Exactly. Winslow has had some really good, clutch catches for the Bucs this year. If they were trying to force him the ball when he is double teamed I would be concerned....but they're not. Freeman has shown great maturity as a QB, and hasn't tried to force him the ball.

When he draws the double team, he actually helps the offense by freeing up another WR from a double team. With the emergence of Mike Williams, I always thought K2's numbers would drop a bit. Who cares? Stats are for losers, right?

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?

NavyBuc19

Hall of Famer
#7 : November 03, 2010, 06:01:52 PM

Could Winslow be having the "Haynesworth" effect on offense for the Bucs? He gets the double teams that opens up the other players to make the plays? Even still you would think a guy at his pay grade would get open more and use his athletic talents to live up to his salary.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#8 : November 03, 2010, 06:02:32 PM

Is this thread serious?  What about Winslow has been disappointing?  He's doing exactly what he's supposed to do.

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#9 : November 03, 2010, 06:05:51 PM

NavyBuc93 wrote:
Could Winslow be having the "Haynesworth" effect on offense for the Bucs? He gets the double teams that opens up the other players to make the plays? Even still you would think a guy at his pay grade would get open more and use his athletic talents to live up to his salary.

Yup.

Definetely having the Haynesworth effect.

K2 has had a couple of 60+ yard games this semester.

He is doing just fine

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#10 : November 03, 2010, 06:10:04 PM

Last year he set the franchise record for TEs and was a stud.  This year he's on the exact same pace and is a "disappointment".  

EXPECTATIONS HAVE BEEN RAISED!!!1111!!

Hate

Hall of Famer
#11 : November 03, 2010, 06:17:42 PM

Biggs3535 wrote:
He's doing exactly what he's supposed to do.

except for running his route short of the marker on a few 3rd downs.

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

nubcake

Hall of Famer

#12 : November 03, 2010, 06:25:01 PM

Sorry, I just can't take you seriously at all with that ridiculously stupid signature.

NavyBuc19

Hall of Famer
#13 : November 03, 2010, 06:31:58 PM

I guess since people are supporting Winslow more then calling him out on his play I should ask this question....Winslow = Disappointment in the RED ZONE?

You figure with Freeman he would have benefitted the MOST out of the QB change not the WRs. I kind of figured he would have at least 5 TDs by now. With his freakish ability you got to wonder why he isn't targeted in the RZ.

Bschucher

Hall of Famer
#14 : November 03, 2010, 06:32:34 PM

This thread is ridiculous... I pledge........
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Winslow = Disappointment? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools